Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Blind Faith (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/blind-faith-143112/)

Walter123 02-12-2015 10:24 AM

Blind Faith

Has a song called "Do What You Like" which is a philosophy adapted by many Villagers. Nothing ever gets solved from posts on this board. So I'm starting a DWYL movement. It the large scheme of things it won't make any difference either. So why not DWYL. The rest will take care of itself if there is more good
than bad. Don't you think?

billethkid 02-12-2015 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walter123 (Post 1011104)
Has a song called "Do What You Like" which is a philosophy adapted by many Villagers. Nothing ever gets solved from posts on this board. So I'm starting a DWYL movement. It the large scheme of things it won't make any difference either. So why not DWYL. The rest will take care of itself if there is more good

Not knowing whether this thread is a lark or bait I will challenge the red highlight above.

TOTV provides the solution(s) many times a day to problems/issues/needs of the participants. And in my opinion much more often than not.

Walter123 02-12-2015 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billethkid (Post 1011112)
Not knowing whether this thread is a lark or bait I will challenge the red highlight above.

TOTV provides the solution(s) many times a day to problems/issues/needs of the participants. And in my opinion much more often than not.

Yes, I should have been more clear. I'm talking about the threads that come up time after time, you know the ones. I'm not talking about the ones asking for moving help or how to put up a fan. This is an excellent site for that type of information.

folkh 02-12-2015 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billethkid (Post 1011112)

AGREE!!!!!!!!!!:bowdown:

Abby10 02-12-2015 12:15 PM

Agree with BTK's response. Aside from that, other posts are to lighten the mood or bring inspirational thought to others. To the OP - could you be more specific? I'm not sure I get your point. Do you mean like threads on aggressive driving, round-abouts, dog poop, etc where discussing the topic probably won't change the minds of the offenders?

Barefoot 02-12-2015 12:21 PM

Quote:

Has a song called "Do What You Like" which is a philosophy adapted by many Villagers. Nothing ever gets solved from posts on this board. So I'm starting a DWYL movement. It the large scheme of things it won't make any difference either. So why not DWYL. The rest will take care of itself if there is more good than bad. Don't you think?

I think a lot of people have found contractors, stores, restaurants, landscapers, etc., based on reviews on TOTV.
I know that I have.
It's a Forum. People ask for opinions and others give them. I don't think that DWYL is a polite response.

Mleeja 02-12-2015 12:27 PM

I think the writer is referring to topics like roundabouts, discourtious people, cutting trees, sinking bridges, covered pools, the list goes on. Will these topics get resolved on this site? NO, but when we all share opinions and views, we will have a better understanding of the issues. What we read here will make us better drivers, maybe nicer people, more knowledgable about the working of TV. Life inside the bubble can be fun! Don't let what you read here make you think the sky (or the bridge) is falling!

Chi-Town 02-12-2015 12:44 PM

Perhaps reading the lyrics will give some insight:

Blind Faith*– Do What You Like Lyrics

Do right, use your head.
Everybody must be fed.
Get together, break your bread.
Yes, together, that's what I said.
Do what you like.

Don't fight, use your head.
It's all right every night.
Do what you like, that's what I said.
Everybody must be fed.
Do what you like.

Open your eyes.
Realize you're not dead.
Take a look at an open book.
Do what you like.

njbchbum 02-12-2015 12:53 PM

Quote:

If, as you post, many Villagers have already 'adapted' the philosophy - seems to me that the 'movement' already started.

CFrance 02-12-2015 12:58 PM

LndLocked 02-12-2015 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chi-Town (Post 1011213)
Perhaps reading the lyrics will give some insight:

Blind Faith*– Do What You Like Lyrics

Do right, use your head.
Everybody must be fed.
Get together, break your bread.
Yes, together, that's what I said.
Do what you like.

Don't fight, use your head.
It's all right every night.
Everybody must be fed.
Do what you like.

Open your eyes.
Realize you're not dead.
Take a look at an open book.
Do what you like.

GREAT song .... classic lyrics by Ginger Baker (and the only song on the album he wrote the lyrics for)

tuccillo 02-12-2015 03:31 PM

There is an interesting documentary on Ginger Baker - "Beware of Mr. Baker". Might be able to find it on Netflix.

Quote:

Originally Posted by LndLocked (Post 1011265)
GREAT song .... classic lyrics by Ginger Baker (and the only song on the album he wrote the lyrics for)

rubicon 02-12-2015 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walter123 (Post 1011117)
Yes, I should have been more clear. I'm talking about the threads that come up time after time, you know the ones. I'm not talking about the ones asking for moving help or how to put up a fan. This is an excellent site for that type of information.

Hi walter123: I believe the answer to your question as to why threads keep repeating it may well have to do with the fact that the members doing so are new to the forum. Secondly, those who are not and join in offer information that has passed in the past to facilitate. Third there are members who become tired of repeat threads but then in all due respect, they could just avoid them.

Personal Best Regards:

onslowe 02-12-2015 06:22 PM

If repetitive threads and their subject matter are bothering you, use the refrigerator method as I have said several times here. Open TOTV, look, take what you want and ignore and leave the rest. No big deal.

Rubicon's post is spot on.

tomwed 02-12-2015 06:36 PM

Quote:

Please proofread what you wrote and try writing it again. You might be onto something and I want to help.