Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Landscape Talk (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/landscape-talk-129/)
-   -   Need sod laid (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/landscape-talk-129/need-sod-laid-143171/)

gump1 02-12-2015 03:49 PM

Need sod laid

I only need about 200 square feet of sod put down in a damaged area. Any suggestions on who would do a small job like that.

redwitch 02-12-2015 04:40 PM

Rupert Cross 352-406-8814

jnieman 02-12-2015 07:25 PM

Massey did part of our front yard a year or so ago.

Joe and Monika Finch 02-14-2015 07:34 AM

Did you try Mansfield? Steve once told me they do any size job. With something that small they could put the sod on one of their many trucks coming to the villages any given day and drop that off, or put it in place for you- for a small fee of course.

Daisy 02-17-2015 01:49 PM

Great landscape work at a reasonable cost!

Thanks for recommending Rupert Cross. He sodded our front lawn and fixed and replaced some of our sprinkler heads. He did a great job, cleaned up after the workers and trimmed our shrubs to improve the water spray from the sprinkler system (at no extra charge). He did more sod than we agreed on and insisted that the original quoted price was the price. Very impressive! I did give him a good tip for a job well done:) If you need a large or small landscaping job done, try Rupert Cross 352-406-8814 (c) or 352-307-4847 (h).

gump1 02-20-2015 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redwitch (Post 1011392)
Rupert Cross 352-406-8814

Thanks for the referral. I called Rupert on Tues. and he said he would come over that day to look at it. He still hasn't shown up. It did rain on Tues. so I thought maybe he would leave it until the next day but still no sign of him.

It's really hard to get anyone interested in doing a small job. I may try the other couple of companies that were referred.

redwitch 02-20-2015 11:59 AM

That is Rupert's big failing -- he goes overboard on one job and falls behind on everything else. The size of the job isn't the issue. He honestly feels every job is important. I will admit I no longer will wait for him to show up. I go and do what I need and call him every so often to get an ETA and then head back. Some folks are too nice for their own good. He's in that category.

Daisy 02-20-2015 02:45 PM

He was unexpectedly at my house Tues to lay sod. He thought they wouldn't have the sod cut till Wed. and planned to sod my lawn Wed. and then they decided to cut Tuesday instead because of the cold snap expected Wed. I was surprized to see his crew at my place Tuesday, but happy with the work. Sorry if it caused problems elsewhere.

NYGUY 02-20-2015 03:06 PM

Rupert did our landscaping. He knows what he is doing and works very hard and is priced reasonably. He does sometimes get behind though.

gump1 02-21-2015 02:25 PM

Rupert called me today and explained that when we spoke the first time he was in his truck and then couldn't find the paper he wrote my information on. He found it today and wanted to know if I still needed it.

He is coming to see me Monday morning. Thanks again for all the positive comments about him.

gump1 02-24-2015 11:16 AM

Just to let everyone know, Rupert came yesterday as promised and I agreed on his quote. He said he would let me know when he could get the sod. He showed up this morning with a crew and not only laid the sod but trimmed back a hedge which he said was part of the reason the grass was dying in the area. He also cleared out root growth in another area and dug out around the sprinkler donuts and adjusted all our sprinklers.

I was more than pleased and wouldn't hesitate to refer him to anyone. Thanks again for the recommendation.

Bonanza 02-25-2015 02:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe and Monika Finch (Post 1012157)
Did you try Mansfield? Steve once told me they do any size job. With something that small they could put the sod on one of their many trucks coming to the villages any given day and drop that off, or put it in place for you- for a small fee of course.

Do not use Mansfield!
I had two separate conversations with him and found him to be insulting
among other things which I will not go into on this forum.

There are too many good landscapers around that will appreciate your business.

redwitch 02-25-2015 08:00 AM

Thanks for giving him a second chance. I'm glad it worked out well for you.