Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Medical and Health Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/medical-health-discussion-94/)
-   -   knee replacement (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/medical-health-discussion-94/knee-replacement-143349/)

massapequa girl 02-13-2015 08:46 PM

knee replacement

Have been researching Orthopedists for knee replacement surgery. I want to get away from The Villages and was wondering if anyone has had any experience with Dr. Kenneth Gustke in Tampa?. He is listed as one of Castle Connelly's Top Doctors. Appreciate any feedback.

dbussone 02-13-2015 08:48 PM

I've known Dr Gutske for a number of years. Not as a patient, but professionally. I would be very comfortable using him.

Polar Bear 02-13-2015 09:41 PM

Plenty of good ones I'm sure. Mine was done by Dr. Duke in Ocala, and I'm very pleased.

gerryh1943 02-14-2015 12:57 AM

Second Dr. Duke.!

ohvette 02-14-2015 07:44 AM

3rd Dr Duke

texasfal 02-14-2015 08:30 AM

Dr. Nguyen did my husband's knee replacement with wonderful results. He was up and walking as soon as he got out of recovery. He was back at work in two weeks and back playing softball in 3 months. By the way, he's from Massapequa, too.

Radioman41 02-14-2015 08:43 AM

Dr. Duke did mine last April. No problems, very happy with results.

bagboy 02-14-2015 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by texasfal (Post 1012184)
Dr. Nguyen did my husband's knee replacement with wonderful results. He was up and walking as soon as he got out of recovery. He was back at work in two weeks and back playing softball in 3 months. By the way, he's from Massapequa, too.

Dr. Nguyen did my knee replacement and I could not be happier. He is in The Villages Fridays only. His number is 407-355-3120. He does his surgeries at The Florida Hospital/Altamonte, and the care I received there was A-1.

sunny46 02-17-2015 04:24 PM

Dr Duke is the best. He did both of my knees at the same time 10 years ago.

Erijo 02-17-2015 06:00 PM

Hi Massapequa girl, I am from Massapequa Park!

bronxboy 02-27-2015 10:37 PM

Had both knees replaced by Dr. GUTSKE in 2014. Excellent result. Would highly recommend.

Snowshoes 03-11-2015 01:05 PM

Hi..haven't heard of that dr. but I have heard wonderful things about Drs. Locker and Duke up in Ocala - many more positive things about Dr. Duke. Hope this helps.

starflyte1 03-11-2015 01:47 PM

I had a successful TKR at The Mayo Clinic in October.

However, I would never think about having another replaced until I had thourghly checked out the new way, side entry by Dr. Nguyen. The problem is, he is booked months out.

If I thought that I might need another replacement in the next couple of years, I would make an appointment with Dr. Nguyen now, just to get in line!

bagboy 03-12-2015 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by starflyte1 (Post 1027016)
I had a successful TKR at The Mayo Clinic in October.

However, I would never think about having another replaced until I had thourghly checked out the new way, side entry by Dr. Nguyen. The problem is, he is booked months out.

If I thought that I might need another replacement in the next couple of years, I would make an appointment with Dr. Nguyen now, just to get in line!

I had a TKR in November 2013 by Dr. Nguyen. I HIGHLY recommend him !!! He is worth the wait and may be able to help with pain management until surgery day.

dotti105 03-18-2015 11:17 AM

I just booked my initial visit with Dr Nguyen, he does not come here anymore. His partner does come on Fridays. I will be seeing Dr Nguyen next week in Maitland. My appointment was only 2 weeks out. Now, I do not know how long his wait list is for surgery. But I was impressed that I could get in to see HIM so quickly.

I have been getting steroid injections every 3 months from Dr Duke's PA and have been happy. But the injections are not doing the job anymore. My arthritis is past that point.

When I asked to make an appt to be see by Dr Duke, I was told that he only sees patients to schedule their surgery. Really?? Unless i did my pre op chest XRay and labs and had my PCP sing off on pre op approval first, I could not see him.

Dr. Duke quickly dropped to 2nd place on my list.

I am very comfortable with NPs and PAs, but if I want to see the Surgeon who is signing off on all my records, I feel that he should see me. Just sayin'.