Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Police chase through Brownwood (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/police-chase-through-brownwood-143437/)

foxmeadow 02-14-2015 01:27 PM

Police chase through Brownwood
 
Just passed the conclusion of a chase in Brownwood. Don't know where it started, the car being chased went through the board fences on the road leading out of the square from the 4 corners ( next to world of beer). After taking out the fence, they proceeded out to the road that runs parallel to rt 44, hitting a car and smashing into a tree in the median. The female driver apparently tried to run and got tazed. I'm not sure if the sheriffs car was involved or not. It appeared there were two younger passengers in the chase vehicle who needed medical attention. I guess it was part of the show for farmers market. Whata place!!

karostay 02-14-2015 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by foxmeadow (Post 1012361)
Just passed the conclusion of a chase in Brownwood. Don't know where it started, the car being chased went through the board fences on the road leading out of the square from the 4 corners ( next to world of beer). After taking out the fence, they proceeded out to the road that runs parallel to rt 44, hitting a car and smashing into a tree in the median. The female driver apparently tried to run and got tazed. I'm not sure if the sheriffs car was involved or not. It appeared there were two younger passengers in the chase vehicle who needed medical attention. I guess it was part of the show for farmers market. Whata place!!

OMG! Police used a Tazer should have used a Glock

rubicon 02-14-2015 02:03 PM

I went to another news source and was looking for information on a recent burglary in Bonnybrook after the police went house to house in search of information about a older green Honda. I was surprised at the numb er of arrests made between Wildwood and Fruitland Park

So the car chase here is certainly not surprising.

Clearly like Willie Sutton alleged commented on why he robbed banks...because that is where the money is.

i am afraid that people of dubious backgrounds in or out of The Villages believe that The Villages is where the money is and we are going to see increasing targeting

DonH57 02-14-2015 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by karostay (Post 1012379)
OMG! Police used a Tazer should have used a Glock

Nah. A tazer would have been safer and more fun.:22yikes:

tomwed 02-14-2015 02:41 PM

Are you sure you weren't watching the Dukes of Hazzards?

graciegirl 02-14-2015 02:44 PM

I hope no innocent people were hurt and I hope the bad people were rounded up and locked away.

Chi-Town 02-14-2015 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by graciegirl (Post 1012409)
I hope no innocent people were hurt and I hope the bad people were rounded up and locked away.

I hope nobody got hurt also. I like how you used the term "rounded up". Very fitting for Brownwood. [emoji6]

JRichm369 02-14-2015 04:49 PM

Glad to hear that they got who ever was driving, I was south bound on Sandy nook run just south of West Torchlake road, in my Golf cart at about 1 PM, Yellow car north bound pulled out into my lane passing another car, it all happened very quickly. Yellow car was moving at 40 plus and had their foot in it. Police car was in pursuit.

HimandMe 02-14-2015 05:03 PM

I wonder if there is just as much going on in other places in Florida. We have this website to keep informed and aware and other areas do not. I know in our old place the guy behind us was broken into but we never found out until 2 yrs later.

Sandtrap328 02-14-2015 05:13 PM

It does seem as though most of the break-ins do take place in the newer areas around Wildwood. Not all, but most.

graciegirl 02-14-2015 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandtrap328 (Post 1012488)
It does seem as though most of the break-ins do take place in the newer areas around Wildwood. Not all, but most.


What you predicted?

Villager Joyce 02-14-2015 06:01 PM

Another thread said there three break-ins ---- Charlotte, Mallory Square and Bonny Brook. All through the lanai sliders. How close are these villages to Brownwood?

nkrifats 02-14-2015 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Villager Joyce (Post 1012522)
Another thread said there three break-ins ---- Charlotte, Mallory Square and Bonny Brook. All through the lanai sliders. How close are these villages to Brownwood?

Not that close and I still have trouble with everyone making assumptions that it is Wildwood.

graciegirl 02-14-2015 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Villager Joyce (Post 1012522)
Another thread said there three break-ins ---- Charlotte, Mallory Square and Bonny Brook. All through the lanai sliders. How close are these villages to Brownwood?

If it were the same person, and the timeline suggest it is, the perp would have been traveling north. Charlotte is off of Pinelles, in the southernmost villages, Mallory is very close to Lake Sumter Landing off Morse and Bonny Brook, I think is off Belvedere, not far from the high school and the triple crown executive courses.

It appears that someone either knew someone's schedules or parked and waited for someone to leave.

Bucco 02-14-2015 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nkrifats (Post 1012555)
Not that close and I still have trouble with everyone making assumptions that it is Wildwood.

I agree...I have BIG TIME problems with the constant mention of Wildwood !


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:03 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO v2.0.32 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.