Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Roped off entire section to save seats (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/roped-off-entire-section-save-seats-143454/)

starflyte1 02-14-2015 03:56 PM

Roped off entire section to save seats

Last night, Scooter was at SS. There was an entire section, where approx.50 people normally sit, roped off. About 20 chairs were placed in a large circle with blue ribbon around the area. The nice thing was that a few people were in the area at 5pm, but doubt if there were ever more than 20 at this "class reunion" the entire evening. Then, most mingled and the chairs were not used by anyone, in or out of their group.

Bogie Shooter 02-14-2015 03:59 PM

Give us a call!

The Villages Entertainment * Special Events Department: (352) 750-5411

kstew43 02-14-2015 04:57 PM

The problem with that group was they saved all those seats....and never sat down....

We bring our own chairs and we sat in the area directly behind them, behind the bushes, to the side of the stage....they had about 15 people who never sat down down.....They just stood in front of there chairs, all piled together and mingled in place.

We danced most of the time, but it did get annoying for the others sitting next too us.....

All we heard all night was, down in front...but not loud enough for anyone of them too care...

Some people are very selfish. They should of walked behind all the people in chairs and stood and talked...

sunnyatlast 02-14-2015 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by starflyte1 (Post 1012444)
Last night, Scooter was at SS. There was an entire section, where approx.50 people normally sit, roped off. About 20 chairs were placed in a large circle with blue ribbon around the area. The nice thing was that a few people were in the area at 5pm, but doubt if there were ever more than 20 at this "class reunion" the entire evening. Then, most mingled and the chairs were not used by anyone, in or out of their group.

Next time, take scissors, cut the ribbon and let it fall to the ground.....and sit down.

They're ridiculous.

MikeV 02-14-2015 07:55 PM

Until there is a confrontation with these type of people it will continue. Something has to happen which gets the attention of the Villages Entertainment Department. Phone calls will get you nowhere.

virgind 02-14-2015 08:01 PM

When I was younger say 20 I knew then old people were rude and none caring. Now that I'm old (not quite 68 )we still are. Grocery store driving every where they. And now I'm going to be the same because ( someone finish it)

jimbo2012 02-14-2015 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunnyatlast (Post 1012593)
Next time, take scissors, cut the ribbon and let it fall to the ground.....and sit down.

They're ridiculous.

:BigApplause:

I agree

Sandtrap328 02-14-2015 08:55 PM

Every time there is a thread on here about saved seats, there are those who say they would or should cut the ropes and take the seats. Why is no one really doing it?

Allegiance 02-14-2015 09:22 PM

Stocking my cart now

http://www.ribboncuttingscissors.com...NCHSILVER4.jpg

DougB 02-14-2015 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandtrap328 (Post 1012624)
Every time there is a thread on here about saved seats, there are those who say they would or should cut the ropes and take the seats. Why is no one really doing it?

I have done it. I've also removed seat cushions.

Baileysmom 02-15-2015 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DougB (Post 1012675)
I have done it. I've also removed seat cushions.

Go on with your bad self Doug. Good for you, I applaud your actions.:BigApplause:

CFrance 02-15-2015 05:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeV (Post 1012594)
Until there is a confrontation with these type of people it will continue. Something has to happen which gets the attention of the Villages Entertainment Department. Phone calls will get you nowhere.

If there are enough irate phone calls, it should get you somewhere. It worked with the people turning the Tamarind Grove mail center into a dog park. It can work here too if enough people kick up a fuss.

I wonder how the water aerobics in adult pools situation is going.

mulligan 02-15-2015 05:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CFrance (Post 1012707)
If there are enough irate phone calls, it should get you somewhere. It worked with the people turning the Tamarind Grove mail center into a dog park. It can work here too if enough people kick up a fuss.

I wonder how the water aerobics in adult pools situation is going.

You're kidding about Tamarind Grove Right ? There's a parade of dogs there all day long. Nobody seems to care.

graciegirl 02-15-2015 06:04 AM

I still say that trying to police something like that is impossible. Ballsy people win through intimidation. There is NO entertainment department in the world that could stop this attitude. Most of us don't WANT or enjoy confrontation.

What if the entertainment department removed the cushions and the ropes? Some smart aleck with a snootful is going to take on someone and it well may get physical.

If they employed every night one person to remove the ropes and the cushions, every night, 364 days a year, then that has to come out of the money usually used by entertainment and out of the money from the merchants. Somebody has to pay for it. Would it work? Would the cops be called two or three times a week to eject someone? This is a public area.

No one would learn anything from the cops being called. It would just be ugly and not a really good way to handle it.

WHo knows who is carrying and drinking at the same time?

We have so much negative stuff on this forum. We are devaluing our own homes.

I think that The Villages expected people to behave like mature adults here. They try to avoid making a line and daring people to cross it.

Would signs help? If you put up directions, you have to have some teeth to them. I say that the people who think they are above directions and rules will just keep on, keepin' on.

CFrance 02-15-2015 06:21 AM

It could be handled. They just don't want to.