Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Is it as crowded as last year (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/crowded-last-year-143457/)

TrudyM 02-14-2015 04:22 PM

Is it as crowded as last year

Is it just me or is it not quite as crowded as last year. We have had no trouble getting a table or having to wait in line.

CFrance 02-14-2015 04:39 PM

We noticed the same thing. Third winter here, and there definitely seems to be more room in the restaurants. Maybe they're all stuck in the snow up north and can't get out!

JGVillages 02-14-2015 04:44 PM

Depends on where you are. We live way north in Calumet Grove and it ha been about the same for the nine years we hasve been here. With the development of Brownwood much of pressure has been taken off the Lake Sumter Area, and the crowds seemed to have been disbursed more evenly. No matter where you decide to live if it is warm in the winter and amenities abound there will be seasonal snowbirds flocking. For me, a year round resident, the season runs from May-December. I thank the 4 monthers for their influx of cash to support our fine amenities so these establishments can operate during the financially thin 8 months that I get the small crowds and summer special pricing.

kstew43 02-14-2015 05:01 PM

been on 27 lately.....?

Bogie Shooter 02-14-2015 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kstew43 (Post 1012480)
been on 27 lately.....?

27 carries more than just Villager traffic.................

graciegirl 02-14-2015 05:34 PM

My summary is more traffic and more people but more restaurants to handle them.

Cisco Kid 02-14-2015 05:45 PM

Last year the polar north sat at 50 below for six month.
Even I am here.
I was surprised to read sales were down from last year,

graciegirl 02-14-2015 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cisco Kid (Post 1012509)
Last year the polar north sat at 50 below for six month.
Even I am here.
I was surprised to read sales were down from last year,

I think that is caused by the highly publicized "sex on the square" and the highly publicized picture of the sinkhole....which by the way is repaired and has not further sunk.

Cisco Kid 02-14-2015 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by graciegirl (Post 1012513)
I think that is caused by the highly publicized "sex on the square" and the highly publicized picture of the sinkhole....which by the way is repaired and has not further sunk.

In todays world the sex news would help sells.
Unless it were a photo of me.

wholman66 02-14-2015 06:58 PM

Have you tried to get a decent tee time lately?? Seems like more people playing golf.

folkh 02-14-2015 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by graciegirl (Post 1012500)
My summary is more traffic and more people but more restaurants to handle them.

Right on Gracie my thoughts also!! As they say great minds!!!

nkrifats 02-14-2015 07:12 PM

Try driving Morse Blvd and see what you think!

Cisco Kid 02-14-2015 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nkrifats (Post 1012550)
Try driving Morse Blvd and see what you think!

The likely problem there is this red neck this year.

gatherer47 02-14-2015 07:16 PM

I live off Morse Blvd in De La Vista West between 466 and Spanish Springs.Making a left turn on Morse is very difficult due to the traffic.This year even making a right turn onto Morse is often difficult.Many times I have seen traffic backed up at the light at 466 all the way back to San Marino.A big part of the problem is the north bound traffic at this intersection gets the green light a full six to eight seconds longer than those proceeding south through the intersection.Of course some people here who love to attack the poster will say what's your hurry.Please don't bother.I seldom post anymore because of this practice.

graciegirl 02-14-2015 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gatherer47 (Post 1012562)
I live off Morse Blvd in De La Vista West between 466 and Spanish Springs.Making a left turn on Morse is very difficult due to the traffic.This year even making a right turn onto Morse is often difficult.Many times I have seen traffic backed up at the light at 466 all the way back to San Marino.A big part of the problem is the north bound traffic at this intersection gets the green light a full six to eight seconds longer than those proceeding south through the intersection.Of course some people here who love to attack the poster will say what's your hurry.Please don't bother.I seldom post anymore because of this practice.

Try to let it fall off ya, kiddo. There will always be anonymous snipers on here. But there are people who listen too.

I think there is a LOT of traffic this year, the most ever in eight years for us.