Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Restaurant Discussions (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/)
-   -   Horrible Prime Rib (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/horrible-prime-rib-143592/)

Chatbrat 02-15-2015 06:20 PM

Horrible Prime Rib

Went to MezzaLuna, last night--the couple next to us had ordered two prime ribs--the prime ribs came out and were the most anemic looking over cooked prime ribs I've ever seen--they looked like they would be a filler for a Philly Cheese Steak- And they were part of a $55.oo Valentine Day Special--

karostay 02-15-2015 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chatbrat (Post 1013242)
Went to MezzaLuna, last night--the couple next to us had ordered two prime ribs--the prime ribs came out and were the most anemic looking over cooked prime ribs I've ever seen--they looked like they would be a filler for a Philly Cheese Steak- And they were part of a $55.oo Valentine Day Special--

It was the couple next to you and not you? HUMMM OK

dolpterry 02-15-2015 06:55 PM

Wow just the way I like them.

Bogie Shooter 02-15-2015 07:32 PM

Just another negative restaurant post.............

georgea 02-15-2015 07:41 PM

I was at Mezza Luna last night. The place was packed and they were handling things quite well. Five people at out table had the prime rib and thought they were fine. Not the best I have ever had but far from the worst. Considering the circumstances, I think everything there was just fine.

georgea 02-15-2015 07:47 PM

We also were at Mezza Luna last night. Five people at our table had prime rib. We were satisfied with the dinner. Had a wonderful evening, good service and good company. They were quite busy and handled things professionally. Sorry, if the poster did not think my prime rib looked good. It certainly tasted alright.

Bonny 02-15-2015 08:56 PM

We were there tonight. Hubby got the stromboli and I got pizza. Very good. We got there about 3:30 and left about 5:15. They were starting to get pretty crowded as we were leaving. A lot of take out orders while we were there.

fred53 02-15-2015 09:00 PM

If it wasn't your order...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chatbrat (Post 1013242)

then you shouldn't be commenting....

DougB 02-15-2015 09:02 PM

I guess if you can't complain how bad your food was, complain how bad the person's food next to you looked. Don't think I ever examined the table's food next to me.

Bonny 02-15-2015 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DougB (Post 1013328)
I guess if you can't complain how bad your food was, complain how bad the person's food next to you looked. Don't think I ever examined the table's food next to me.

Might be a little awkward staring at people's food that were next to me.
Um, excuse me, could I inspect your food ? I would like to write something about it on the internet.
Thank you so very much. :ohdear:

golf2140 02-15-2015 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonny (Post 1013332)
Might be a little awkward staring at people's food that were next to me.
Um, excuse me, could I inspect your food ? I would like to write something about it on the internet.
Thank you so very much. :ohdear:

:bigbow:

Chatbrat 02-16-2015 07:59 AM

The people next to me said the prime rib was tough, guess they were too timid to complain-just another thought --why go to an Italian restaurant for prime rib , when you can get a prime rib that's 4 times the size for less $$$

karostay 02-16-2015 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chatbrat (Post 1013430)
The people next to me said the prime rib was tough, guess they were too timid to complain-just another thought --why go to an Italian restaurant for prime rib , when you can get a prime rib that's 4 times the size for less $$$

Hear say evidence Inadmissible :mmmm: Judge Judy

Golf View 02-16-2015 09:03 AM

4 times size for less $$$

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chatbrat (Post 1013430)

Let's see, if it was a small prime rib (8 ounces) then 4 times size would be 24 ounces (a pound & a half) for less $$$. Where can I go to get this great bargain? Do I need a coupon?:mmmm:

Bonny 02-16-2015 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Golf View (Post 1013467)
Let's see, if it was a small prime rib (8 ounces) then 4 times size would be 24 ounces (a pound & a half) for less $$$. Where can I go to get this great bargain? Do I need a coupon?:mmmm:

4 times the size would be 32 ounces !! That's better yet !