Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, Non Villages Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/)
-   -   Only two arrested (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/only-two-arrested-143652/)

TrudyM 02-16-2015 08:04 AM

Only two arrested

Saw on the news last night that a mob of mostly middle school and young high school students over 200 mobbed a mall in Ocoee and stormed a movie theater without tickets then they moved to the gas station next door and started robbing it.
:police: Saw this morning that they only arrested two out of the over 200 that caused panic and chaos. My question is why didn't they detain and arrest as many as they could? They were robbing and creating a major panic but only the one who resisting a cop and the one who had a stolen car with drugs in it were arrested.
I realize it would have been hard on the police and a mountain of paperwork but I just don't get it. They just called the parents of the rest to come pick them up. IMHO that teaches them nothing.

Bay Kid 02-16-2015 08:14 AM

Where are their parents???

Chi-Town 02-16-2015 08:30 AM

The Blaze said it was 900.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2015...-were-arrested

N44125 02-16-2015 08:49 AM

Both numbers are correct. Mob was approximately 900 kids who rushed the theatre, 200 managed to get in before security locked the doors. 2nd time this has happened at this theatre. Then they swarmed a nearby gas station / convenience store and stole items from there.

Animals....

George Bieniaszek 02-16-2015 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bay Kid (Post 1013438)
Where are their parents???

The parents are busy blaming someone else for the way their children turned out!!

TNLAKEPANDA 02-16-2015 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by George Bieniaszek (Post 1013462)
The parents are busy blaming someone else for the way their children turned out!!

Ditti that!

Chi-Town 02-16-2015 10:12 AM

How long before the Barnstorm is stormed? [emoji6]

graciegirl 02-16-2015 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chi-Town (Post 1013519)
How long before the Barnstorm is stormed? [emoji6]

You know, the fact that a bunch of kids up to no good can plan online to gather, anywhere, anytime, and cause mayhem is very unsettling.

Some youngsters have little respect and sometimes outright disgust for older people.

I don't know what could happen. Obviously some of those parents must have known something....and didn't put their foot down.

kcrazorbackfan 02-16-2015 11:41 AM

Flash mobs like that are happening everywhere. Not only are they dangerous for everyone, and very un-nerving to the elderly, the little turds do not realize what it does economically to the businesses affected by their childish, stupid acts.

sunnyatlast 02-16-2015 11:44 AM

Only two were arrested, probably because police will be accused of police brutality for stopping them ONLY "for walking while being a certain color and having a bag of Skittles".

tomwed 02-16-2015 01:53 PM

I went to an all boys Catholic high school in 1968 in Jersey City, NJ. We were sick and tired of authority figures telling us what to do so we organized a protest and figured if we had enough support they couldn't take us all down. The plan was on friday at 1:30 pm we would all take off our ties.

When 1:30 pm came only 2 boys took off their ties. I think they got detention. We were failures when it came to revolution. But we did have a good debate team that year.

graciegirl 02-16-2015 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomwed (Post 1013656)
I went to an all boys Catholic high school in 1968 in Jersey City, NJ. We were sick and tired of authority figures telling us what to do so we organized a protest and figured if we had enough support they couldn't take us all down. The plan was on friday at 1:30 pm we would all take off our ties.

When 1:30 pm came only 2 boys took off their ties. I think they got detention. We were failures when it came to revolution. But we did have a good debate team that year.

This is a little more than removing ties, Tom. These kinds of gatherings have happened twice in Louisville, Kentucky too, with teens gathering and robbing older people.

Arrests made after hundreds of teens cause riot at Florida movie theater | www.ajc.com

http://therightscoop.com/200-teens-r...-night-before/

tomwed 02-16-2015 04:09 PM

I should stay away from the serious threads. It's not healthy for me.

Topspinmo 02-16-2015 07:43 PM

The reason the teens do this they know they 're nothing or little can be done to them In court of law even if they rob only get probation and it will be erased when they turn 18. That's why they rob and mug people over 18. Few will take action against teen due to the reprocussion they that will get laid on them even it they are the victims.

Pointer 02-17-2015 12:30 PM

Wow parents are at a disadvantage with all this new technology. I would guess that many of them had the wool pulled over their eyes. I've always been in favor of logical consequences and knowing where my power lies as a parent. If I found out my kid was a part of this not only would the misuse of technology be taken away but a long lecture on how business works and make sure they knew the consequences of that. I might also make them apologize and offer to work off some restitution.Giving them a chance to correct their choices. Maybe organize some of the other parents and kids to do the same. Accountability and a belief that they can do better and an opportunity to demonstrate that goes a long way. But I've had years of practice at this parenting thing and earned my knowledge along the way. Seems the consequences are much more dire today for kids. How many teens are in jail for texting n killing someone. Quite a few. It's a changing world for everyone and we need to figure some stuff out along the way. "There but for the grace of god go I".