Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Lower Sales (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/lower-sales-143669/)

sunglow 02-16-2015 09:21 AM

Lower Sales

Does anyone know how much lower sales are compared to last year? From what I can see, it looks like houses aren't moving. I'm curious as to why this might be?

looneycat 02-16-2015 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunglow (Post 1013484)
Does anyone know how much lower sales are compared to last year? From what I can see, it looks like houses aren't moving. I'm curious as to why this might be?

haven't seen this to be true...

Dr Winston O Boogie jr 02-16-2015 09:32 AM

What are you looking at that gives you this impression? Why would you assume that sales are down?

sunglow 02-16-2015 09:38 AM

I was told by someone in sales.

rtime 02-16-2015 09:51 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Sales from 2013 to 2014 were down 24%. This is from John Burns Real Estate Consulting of Master planned communities. When we moved here in 2011 there were selling about 280 homes a month. Now the average is around 210.

Down Sized 02-16-2015 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunglow (Post 1013502)
I was told by someone in sales.

I was told the same thing yesterday at an open house.

janmcn 02-16-2015 10:01 AM

There are currently 910 new and resale homes listed on The Villages web-site for sale. It would seem better to clear out this inventory before offering more houses for sale in the Fruitland Park section, which will be more expensive.

graciegirl 02-16-2015 10:05 AM

The very frequent erroneous posts and rumors on this forum and on other online media do not help sell homes and they assuredly devalue our investments.

The two news stories spread world wide about the sex on the square and the sinkhole, I am sure turned a lot of people off who have never been here.

village dreamer 02-16-2015 10:31 AM

maybe people will buy because of sex on the square????

mickey100 02-16-2015 10:31 AM

I agree there are frequent erroneous posts and rumors on this forum. But there is some truth as well, and issues involving The Villages have become much more transparent and not hidden, as they were in the past. It could be some people were turned off by the latest IRS probe, and and the uncertainty regarding how it might affect homeowners pocketbooks.

pivo 02-16-2015 10:54 AM

I came here looking for that square with all the fun.
haven't found it yet

Polar Bear 02-16-2015 10:57 AM

I'm not sure it is a certain indication of sales trends or anything like that. It could be that the number of homes available, both new and used, is less. Or with the real estate market finally stabilizing, fewer speculators and such.

Just a thought. I haven't seen enough data to come to any meaningful conclusions.

kcrazorbackfan 02-16-2015 11:00 AM

The downturn has to be because of running stop signs, failure of people to negotiate roundabouts correctly, bicyclists vs. vehicles, vehicles vs. bicyclists, traffic, long lines, seat saving, dog poop, bad service, bad food, slow play on courses, not raking bunkers, not fixing divots, tights lies on fairways, trees being cut down mysteriously, people wanting/not wanting indoor pools, gripes about wanting/not wanting stripes on multi-modal paths, residents being assessed to pay for repairs of the Lake Sumter Bridge - what have I forgotten?:D

Seriously, we wouldn't trade our soon to be living there for any other place. We really looked hard at the Phoenix area until we took a trip to TV - Paradise.

Chi-Town 02-16-2015 11:07 AM

The higher house prices in the last year may have something to do with slower sales. $189k patio villas and $400k designers w/o views were not around not so long ago. I'm glad they are, but it looks like the sale cycle takes longer.

kstew43 02-16-2015 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mickey100 (Post 1013532)
I agree there are frequent erroneous posts and rumors on this forum. But there is some truth as well, and issues involving The Villages have become much more transparent and not hidden, as they were in the past. It could be some people were turned off by the latest IRS probe, and and the uncertainty regarding how it might affect homeowners pocketbooks.

Plus the bridge assessment, and the widening of 466......from whom will they get the money to pay for those issues?...