Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, Political talk (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-political-talk-88/)
-   -   Immigration E.O. Stalled by Fed Judge (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-political-talk-88/immigration-e-o-stalled-fed-judge-143858/)

Guest 02-17-2015 12:46 PM

Immigration E.O. Stalled by Fed Judge

Federal Judge Stalls Obama

Hoorah!

Guest 02-17-2015 11:35 PM

i said a prayer of thanks when i heard this today!

Guest 02-18-2015 08:37 AM

I thought I was watching an old episode of Laugh In when I heard Obama state....the law is on our side!:1rotfl:

Typical lawyer that uses, abuses, ignores or hides behind the letter of the law.
That is what they are trained to do. Has little or nothing to do (anymore) with right VS wrong.

Guest 02-18-2015 08:40 AM

Now let's see what happens to the Homeland Security Bill with the dems - if they don't pass it now they'll sure have some explaining to do.

Guest 02-18-2015 08:46 AM

Quote:

Posted by Guest (Post 1014803)
Now let's see what happens to the Homeland Security Bill with the dems - if they don't pass it now they'll sure have some explaining to do.

They will do what they have the habit of doing in the last years....call the Republicans names (unpatriotic, racist, or something of that ilk) and also suggest that the Republicans are blocking while they filibuster.

And what is amazing..the Republicans have brought the Senate back to how it is supposed to be. Harry Reid would not allow discussion or ammendments...THAT has been restored thus there is not excuse and with this court judegment ,they have no reason except politics.

Guest 02-18-2015 08:48 AM

This is ironic relative to the judgement....

"The federal judge in Texas who blocked President Obama’s plans to grant residency status to millions of illegal immigrants laced his 123-page ruling with citations to U.S. Supreme Court decisions that upheld cherished liberal positions, including the rights of states to be free from the effects of global warming and the rejection of Arizona’s attempt to enforce immigration laws.

In his order, U.S. District Judge Andrew S. Hanen cites Massachusetts vs. EPA, for example, the 2007 decision giving states the right to sue the Environmental Protection Agency for failing to treat atmospheric carbon as “pollution.” The 27 states suing over the White House’s immigration policy say they will be forced to expend additional tax dollars to accommodate illegal immigrants because of the government’s refusal to enforce the law; in Massachusetts vs. EPA, coastal states argued they would bear the brunt of global warming if the EPA refused to regulate carbon emissions.

How Texas Judge Used Liberal Supreme Court Rulings To Block Obama's Immigration Plans - Forbes

Guest 02-25-2015 09:27 AM

Quote:

Posted by Guest (Post 1014799)
I thought I was watching an old episode of Laugh In when I heard Obama state....the law is on our side!:1rotfl:

Typical lawyer that uses, abuses, ignores or hides behind the letter of the law.
That is what they are trained to do. Has little or nothing to do (anymore) with right VS wrong.

Of course you know this judge's ruling won't stand, right? It's well established that agencies can prioritize how to spend their limited funding. Now, if congress appropriated enough money to deport ALL of the illegals, then you would have reason to complain if they weren't all sent packing.

Guest 02-25-2015 01:13 PM

"Full Definition of SHORTSIGHTED

: lacking foresight
: nearsighted
— short·sight·ed·ly adverb
— short·sight·ed·ness noun

Examples of SHORTSIGHTED

shortsighted politicians who only care about how they do in the next election

The plan was dangerously shortsighted.

_http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/shortsighted______________________________________ __________

"Rep. Trey Gowdy (R-S.C.) on Wednesday warned Democrats and others that their support for President Barack Obama’s executive action on immigration will only undermine the rule of law, potentially in ways they’ll regret years from now.

“You may benefit from the president’s failure to enforce the law today,” Gowdy said at a House Judiciary Committee hearing on Obama’s action.

“But I’ll make you this promise,” he warned. “There will come a day where you will cry out for the enforcement of the law. There will come a day when you long for the law to be the foundation of this republic.”

“So you be careful what you do with the law today, because if you weaken it today, you weaken it forever,” he concluded.

Republicans have been fighting all week to defund Obama’s action, which Judiciary Committee Chairman Bob Goodlatte (R-Va.) called “one of the biggest constitutional power grabs ever by a president.”

Watch Trey Gowdy’s Warning to Dems on Immigration: ‘Be Careful What You Do…’ | TheBlaze.com