Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Classifieds (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/classifieds-144103/)

Wing-nut2 02-19-2015 09:09 AM

Classifieds

After going back to this format, I really like the picture format much better. It was a much better way to showcase items. Just my two cents.

Wandatime 02-19-2015 09:14 AM

I agree.

dplars 02-19-2015 09:18 AM

Dido, a picture is worth a thousand words.

Bonnevie 02-19-2015 09:40 AM

I know. I could easier look at the items and do it quickly. bring it back.

wdonze 02-19-2015 10:03 AM

I agree. You could scan pictures more quickly. My biggest complaints about the classifieds were that posters rarely gave dimensions of the things they were selling and didn't remove the posting when the item sold.

njbchbum 02-19-2015 10:17 AM

TOTV Team 02-19-2015 10:20 AM

We asked for everyone to vote and we had over 80% of the users voted to go to this format away from Panjo.

Wing-nut2 02-19-2015 10:32 AM

I get on here once a week or less. I never saw anything about a vote. Let this go for a time and see if it's still popular. I like seeing a wicker table instead of just reading " wicker table". I just don't have time to click on every classified to see what it look like. If everyone else has the time, so be it.

Phanatic Luvr 02-19-2015 11:04 AM

Although last night, when I saw the new format I was a little disappointed there were no more pictures, today I seem to think I like it much better since I can click on a category and not have to look through a lot of stuff I don't care about. Let's give it some time for everyone to get used to. I think the Admin listened to all the responses of the pole and did what people ask for.

giggleez 02-19-2015 11:20 AM

How do you get photos on this site. It is IMPOSSIBLE. Please bring Panjo back.

bettyfriend 02-19-2015 11:45 AM

I'm on Classified ALL THE TIME! I didn't like the change to Panjo but only because of payment options. Lots of confusion there. HOWEVER, I LOVED scanning all the pictures. Many times I bought things I didn't even know I wanted. Category viewing is much much more time consuming to click in and out of categories, rather than simply scanning pictures. Due to my continued scanning and purchasing from TOTV Classified, I'm surprised no one checked with me :-) It's similar to craigslist now. Oh well.

perkfarm 02-19-2015 11:59 AM

I have to agree..I like the pic format much better. You never know what you might like on the spur of the moment...

Wing-nut2 02-19-2015 12:07 PM

I've bought several things after going through the pictures. If I had to click on a listing that said "nice table" I wouldn't bother. I do think there should be a way to contact the seller. Phone number would be nice. But the lack of measurements, phone numbers, is the fault of the seller.

gap2415 02-19-2015 12:12 PM

This format is terrible...pl go back to Panjo,

Will VDS 02-19-2015 01:29 PM

Panjo +

Panjo was tough to understand how it worked, but with pictures it made it possible to buy and sell things, you are dealing with seniors who have a hard time trying to send E-mails let loan trying to figure out a hole different system of how to post an ad, or respond to an ad, JUST,SAY' KISS.