Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Classified Poll (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/classified-poll-144216/)

TOTV Team 02-19-2015 05:35 PM

Classified Poll

All -

We sent out an email, posted a thread, and a poll to get feedback on the classified section.

Over 80% of the respondents voted to leave Panjo and go to the old format of posting in the forums until enhancements were made.

Today we are seeing feedback that users are wanting to go back to Panjo. There is coding and efforts involved so we need and want to serve the majority as we can not customize the site to every individual's personal preference. We also cannot go back and forth due to issues related on the changes.

This poll is to see if you like categories or no categories in the forums for classifieds.

More feedback requests to come!

Best Regards,

TOTV Team

angiefox10 02-19-2015 06:10 PM

Pictures

In both of the threads that were closed... The comments were that you have to open the thread to see a picture of the item. I didn't think the category was the issue as much as not having to open EVERY thread.

I use Photobucket to post my pictures as they are easier to see... I believe you wouldn't see the item without opening the thread.

I couldn't be wrong....

jnieman 02-19-2015 06:56 PM

I agree having to open each thread to see the photo and the thumbnails are so small you can't see them item without opening it. I appreciate the amount of work the moderator has put into this and it is so hard to please us all.

ditka41 02-19-2015 06:58 PM

I like categories.

billlaur 02-19-2015 07:08 PM

Im For Panjo
:BigApplause:

jnieman 02-19-2015 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jnieman (Post 1015938)
I agree having to open each thread to see the photo and the thumbnails are so small you can't see them item without opening it. I appreciate the amount of work the moderator has put into this and it is so hard to please us all.

I revisited the classified section and have noted that now if you hover your cursor over the photo of the item it shows a larger photo. Much better!!

Trish Miller 02-19-2015 09:58 PM

Please just go back to the old way!!!!!

Jaggy 02-19-2015 10:32 PM

i agree
:BigApplause:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Trish Miller (Post 1016056)
Please just go back to the old way!!!!!

njbchbum 02-19-2015 10:45 PM

Having Categories means that readers MUST RELY on sellers to accurately post their item for sale in the appropriate category AND for sellers to have the SAME interpretation of the item's use as the potential buyer re what category the item should be in.

Without seller and buyer having the same interpretation of an item for sale, buyers must look in most EVERY Category...having NO Categories enables sellers to not have to make a decision re the BEST for sale Category and the buyer can QUICKLY scroll from one item to the next rather than switch back and forth among o many categories.

jimmemac 02-20-2015 12:38 AM

The way it is now is fine-people do not like change yet we voted for change-give people a chance to get used to the format before over reacting.

Barefoot 02-20-2015 01:00 AM

With the new method, have we lost the ability to "opt out" and not see any ads?

rnbpoutney 02-20-2015 06:09 AM

Pano is a way better format.... Especially for sellers wanting quicker sales..... This old (new) way sucks.....

dallas666 02-20-2015 06:19 AM

changes

it is difficult to alway know the wright catagory. i had a game table for sale
where do i put it. i also like to see everything that is for sale please do not brake them up. us the good parts of panjo.
dallas666

playgolf06 02-20-2015 06:31 AM

I prefer enhancing the old way. I don't like Panjo.

rnbpoutney 02-20-2015 06:35 AM

The more I use this old new way the more I hate it.....Go Back to Panjo..... It is far easier and faster to view things forsale..... Going back to Greigs List....way better format...