Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Contractors and Services (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/contractors-services-91/)
-   -   Flooring Recomendations Needed (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/contractors-services-91/flooring-recomendations-needed-144238/)

Marigold 02-19-2015 09:06 PM

Flooring Recomendations Needed

Please give me your opinions about these two flooring stores. I am interested in what you have to say about the installation of laminate flooring and carpets.
Both businesses are located on rt. 301 in Wildwood. They are the Floor Shoppe and Floor Masters.

Hopeful2 02-20-2015 12:56 AM

We used The Floor Shoppe to install porcelain tile in our LR, DR, kitchen, and foyer. We were happy with their work and would use them again.

Barefoot 02-20-2015 01:08 AM

You might want to get an estimate from this company.

https://www.talkofthevillages.com/fo...-floor-134607/

goldseekur 02-20-2015 07:58 AM

Another vote for The Village Flooring

NYGUY 02-20-2015 08:11 AM

We used The Floor Shoppe for Luxury Vinyl Plank. Very happy with product, installation and price. Would use them again!!

Phanatic Luvr 02-20-2015 11:51 AM

Another vote for Village Flooring. Give Melissa a call.
They were $1,800. less expensive than the exact same tile floor I priced at Great Lakes. Installers which were sent were also great. Bob and his son.
Village Flooring
Telephone 352-315-8855
3327 North US27/441
Fruitland Park, FL 34731

TheScoodlepoops 02-20-2015 06:57 PM

After getting estimates from several companies, we just had Quick Step laminate installed in our home by The Floor Shoppe. Great service and followup. We would use them again!

jane032657 02-20-2015 07:01 PM

We are just dealing with Georgie's Flooring in Brooksville. A drive but what a wonderful owner and they are so cooperative and willing to work with you in every way. Their number is 352 419 8930 We went out there today and met with the staff and owner and I wish I had dealt with then when we bought our floor. We are buying brick from them and having them build a patio, fire pit and seating area and they were the most competitive for the same product and design over two local establishments. Ask for Georgie and tell him Jane and Bob from The Villages sent you! Their website is www.GeorgiesFLooringOutlet.com

billethkid 02-20-2015 07:18 PM

What I like about Village Flooring is the working owner operators Melissa and her husband.

I had visited two others including The Floor Shoppe. I chose Village Flooring because of their attention to detail....they are not a large volume company...and their pricing was significantly more favorable than the others.

It took them 3+ days. Very professional workers (not day workers or contractors). Very careful and tidy in everything they do. When they left at the end of each day the work areas were spotless. When they left the site one would never know there was major disruption here for three days.

I highly recommend Village Flooring.

Barefoot 02-20-2015 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barefoot (Post 1016101)
You might want to get an estimate from this company.
https://www.talkofthevillages.com/fo...-floor-134607/

Quote:

Originally Posted by goldseekur (Post 1016184)
Another vote for The Village Flooring

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phanatic Luvr (Post 1016364)
Another vote for Village Flooring. Give Melissa a call. They were $1,800. less expensive than the exact same tile floor I priced at Great Lakes. Installers which were sent were also great. Bob and his son.
Village Flooring
Telephone 352-315-8855
3327 North US27/441
Fruitland Park, FL 34731

Quote:

Originally Posted by billethkid (Post 1016660)
What I like about Village Flooring is the working owner operators Melissa and her husband.

I had visited two others including The Floor Shoppe. I chose Village Flooring because of their attention to detail....they are not a large volume company...and their pricing was significantly more favorable than the others.

It took them 3+ days. Very professional workers (not day workers or contractors). Very careful and tidy in everything they do. When they left at the end of each day the work areas were spotless. When they left the site one would never know there was major disruption here for three days.

I highly recommend Village Flooring.

Four votes for Village Flooring in Fruitland Park.
Please do give this company a look.
We are very happy with their professional approach, the price, and the installation.

MoeVonB61 06-04-2015 07:14 AM

NYGUY: We also specifically want luxury vinyl plank "floating" for our kitchen remodel. My husband and I vowed never to put ceramic or porcelain tile down again as the dust and contamination to the house when remodeling is just not worth it (I have asthma). The vinyl plank we have chosen is at Floormasters but it is 50% more expensive than we can get in Orlando (Installers will transport)....JUST CURIOUS, did you also go to Floormasters? I don't like that Floormasters also wants us to pay for the shipping once they order the product.....THANK YOU FOR ANY INPUT.....your comments will save a lot of time..

NYGUY 06-04-2015 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrich61 (Post 1069808)
NYGUY: We also specifically want luxury vinyl plank "floating" for our kitchen remodel. My husband and I vowed never to put ceramic or porcelain tile down again as the dust and contamination to the house when remodeling is just not worth it (I have asthma). The vinyl plank we have chosen is at Floormasters but it is 50% more expensive than we can get in Orlando (Installers will transport)....JUST CURIOUS, did you also go to Floormasters? I don't like that Floormasters also wants us to pay for the shipping once they order the product.....THANK YOU FOR ANY INPUT.....your comments will save a lot of time..

We got ours from The Floor Shoppe. About 200 yards north of Floormasters on 301 (in a strip plaza with a motorcycle shop), 352-748-4811. We were very pleased!!

Count'n the days 06-04-2015 01:03 PM

We used Nickel Tile at LSL. Very pleased with both the product and installation.

HimandMe 06-04-2015 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrich61 (Post 1069808)

If you can get it at 50% less, just hire an installer that is good. It isn't difficult to put down.

ScorpioSquared 06-04-2015 09:40 PM

We had a great experience with Floor Masters, saleslady, Donna and installers. Service and price were excellent.