Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Admin (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/admin-144356/)

goldseekur 02-20-2015 04:14 PM

Admin

THANKS!

The original format is back on Panjo!:bowdown::D:bigbow:

jimmemac 02-20-2015 05:00 PM

Sorry to see it back-IT IS NOT BUYER FRIENDLY!!! I lost 2 items that I very much wanted on Panjo-never lost anything on the old site!!!!

Dr Winston O Boogie jr 02-20-2015 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimmemac (Post 1016566)
Sorry to see it back-IT IS NOT BUYER FRIENDLY!!! I lost 2 items that I very much wanted on Panjo-never lost anything on the old site!!!!

Not very seller friendly either. I find it much too complicated.

jimmemac 02-20-2015 05:17 PM

I find it interesting that most of the people who are now complaining and want Panjo never saw a poll and never saw an email but they could see pictures; sorry but I find that interesting.

angiefox10 02-20-2015 05:19 PM

PayPal

No need to deal with Paypal. Simply send the seller a message and deal privately.

Arctic Fox 02-20-2015 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angiefox10 (Post 1016579)
No need to deal with Paypal. Simply send the seller a message and deal privately.

That is good advice - just treat it like the old "bare bones" system, having direct contact with the seller

No one approach will please everybody, but hopefully this set-up will be the best compromise

Thank you, Admin

giggleez 02-20-2015 06:04 PM

I am thrilled Panjo is back! I am visually impaired and the other forum is WAY to difficult. I couldn't be happier....thank you

spring_chicken 02-20-2015 06:09 PM

80% say no. Go there anyway.
smh

GPGuar 02-20-2015 06:13 PM

There is no way that you can compare the old system with the new Panjo system. Panjo is by far a much better format just by the ease of scrolling through the large pictures of the for sale items.

giggleez 02-20-2015 06:21 PM

I completely agree. No comparison and you can use your tablets!

spring_chicken 02-20-2015 06:25 PM

Odd how those who claim to have never seen or voted on the poll claim to spend all their waking hours using the classifieds. Squeaky wheels and all...

Wing-nut2 02-21-2015 07:55 AM

The site was fine. But because a few wanted a change, someone gave in. It was fine! Big pictures, easy to use, and displayed all the items well. If it isn't broke, don't fix it.

Wing-nut2 02-21-2015 08:02 AM

The poll is located in the General Discussion Area. The Classified's are located somewhere else. I can understand how you might miss a poll. I don't read The General section too often. Way too much useless stuff like :What do I do on day it's rains", and there is the posting that just keeps their count up.

DougB 02-21-2015 08:10 AM

80% say get rid of Panjo, 20% say keep it. So we keep it. Yep, makes sense to me. :confused:

lovinganimals 02-21-2015 08:57 AM

I never had a problem with either, but I love the pics on panjo. Easier to see if there is something I want. I just click on it, contact seller that I want to buy it and done. Then privately I arrange everything.

kittygilchrist 02-21-2015 09:07 AM

cannot keep up. Panjo, no panjo, panjo....??
Can somebody post current instructions to sell an item?

LuckySevens 02-21-2015 01:12 PM

90% of Panjo is great and I am thrilled at having it back.
I wish they could remove the option of using Pay Pal, which seems to confuse many people.
But since it is there as an option for payment, just BYPASS it and scroll down and when you get to #2.Payment Settings, scroll down past Pay Pal and click on 'Collect Payment without Seller Protection'. It will open up a screen that says............ Collect Payment On Your Own. 1.Your listing WILL NOT USE PAYPAL Checkout. You will need to collect payment on your own.
I hope this helps some of you that are confused and think you have to use PayPal. You do not if you follow the instructions above.

Mikeod 02-21-2015 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LuckySevens (Post 1017112)
90% of Panjo is great and I am thrilled at having it back.
I wish they could remove the option of using Pay Pal, which seems to confuse many people.
But since it is there as an option for payment, just BYPASS it and scroll down and when you get to #2.Payment Settings, scroll down past Pay Pal and click on 'Collect Payment without Seller Protection'. It will open up a screen that says............ Collect Payment On Your Own. 1.Your listing WILL NOT USE PAYPAL Checkout. You will need to collect payment on your own.
I hope this helps some of you that are confused and think you have to use PayPal. You do not if you follow the instructions above.

OK. But how do I avoid what happened to me? I elected to not use PayPal, but the BIN option remained. I got notified by Panjo that someone wanted my item and left a phone number. We agreed they could come the next morning to see the item and pay. Then someone else hit the BIN button and Panjo required they submit payment immediately to Panjo, who changed my listing to Sold. The first people bought my item, whereupon I got an email from the second party wanting to know when they could pick it up. Now I'm left with the task of informing people who thought they had bought something that it's already sold and trying to get their money refunded. This change in Panjo's BIN seems to be a way they can make money even if we bypass PayPal.

LndLocked 02-21-2015 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikeod (Post 1017174)
OK. But how do I avoid what happened to me? I elected to not use PayPal, but the BIN option remained. I got notified by Panjo that someone wanted my item and left a phone number. We agreed they could come the next morning to see the item and pay. Then someone else hit the BIN button and Panjo required they submit payment immediately to Panjo, who changed my listing to Sold. The first people bought my item, whereupon I got an email from the second party wanting to know when they could pick it up. Now I'm left with the task of informing people who thought they had bought something that it's already sold and trying to get their money refunded. This change in Panjo's BIN seems to be a way they can make money even if we bypass PayPal.

1st .... you inform anyone that "wants to come look at it later" that the item will remain actively for sale and they risk losing out on the item. NEVER agree to hold an item for anyone.

2nd .... Panjo DOES NOT require a purchaser to submit any payment to Panjo, if you have bypassed the Pay Pal option. Panjo will mark your item as sold and take it off the site .... but they do not collect any funds. The seller still has to collect at time of pickup.

Mikeod 02-21-2015 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LndLocked (Post 1017180)
1st .... you inform anyone that "wants to come look at it later" that the item will remain actively for sale and they risk losing out on the item. NEVER agree to hold an item for anyone.

2nd .... Panjo DOES NOT require a purchaser to submit any payment to Panjo, if you have bypassed the Pay Pal option. Panjo will mark your item as sold and take it off the site .... but they do not collect any funds. The seller still has to collect at time of pickup.

That's not what happened in my case. The second people paid Panjo. I got an email from Panjo telling me they had the money and would release it to me if I approved the sale. Release it to me how? PayPal with the fee deducted?

Sorry, I believe if someone says they will buy something, I consider them first in line if I agree to a pickup time. I didn't mark the listing as sold. I expected others interested to contact me directly or through Panjo. The BIN feature is the problem, IMO. As well as the apparent change in policy that disregards that I have elected to collect the proceeds personally.

virgind 02-21-2015 05:01 PM

Yesterday I listed 2 items sold one in an hour the old system. This panko or what ever never did sell anything . Make up your mind

LndLocked 02-21-2015 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikeod (Post 1017207)
That's not what happened in my case. The second people paid Panjo. I got an email from Panjo telling me they had the money and would release it to me if I approved the sale. Release it to me how? PayPal with the fee deducted?

Sorry, I believe if someone says they will buy something, I consider them first in line if I agree to a pickup time. I didn't mark the listing as sold. I expected others interested to contact me directly or through Panjo. The BIN feature is the problem, IMO. As well as the apparent change in policy that disregards that I have elected to collect the proceeds personally.

You can choose to conduct your sale(s) as you see fit. However, I think that you will find that when dealing with the gen pop (even a TV gen pop) in selling over the interwebs that people will flake out on you ... even if you think you have a firm commitment from them.

What was the date of panjo collecting? I have sold about 10 items through panjo and of those 6 or 7 were BIN transactions and every time, I have collected.

perkfarm 02-21-2015 05:26 PM

Thanks for bringing back Panjo..

virgind 02-21-2015 05:48 PM

I collect to face to face no middle man. Most everything is sold here in the villages. I always thought this forum was for local use. Trying to be something its not

Mikeod 02-21-2015 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LndLocked (Post 1017230)
You can choose to conduct your sale(s) as you see fit. However, I think that you will find that when dealing with the gen pop (even a TV gen pop) in selling over the interwebs that people will flake out on you ... even if you think you have a firm commitment from them.

What was the date of panjo collecting? I have sold about 10 items through panjo and of those 6 or 7 were BIN transactions and every time, I have collected.

This Monday.

bettyfriend 02-21-2015 06:15 PM

Yay! Glad Panjo is back. I never click Buy Now. I ALWAYS send a message to seller or call if they have a phone number. That's how it should be. Yes, I lost out on an item or two from someone who clicked 'Buy Now' after I sent a message to seller. Oh well. I will never click "Buy Now" since that part of Panjo is really flawed. Thanks for listening to the majority that love to scroll through the pictures!

LndLocked 02-21-2015 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikeod (Post 1017243)
This Monday.

Interesting .... perhaps it is a part of the "new" panjo.

I have a couple of items I intend to list this week, I will have a convo with the admin about this before I do.

TOTV Team 02-22-2015 11:51 AM

Today you have both. You can list in Panjo and it will also put a listing in the forum as it always has or you can list directly in the forum only.

You can also reject a buy it now transaction.

Best Regards,

TOTV Team

jnieman 02-22-2015 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Admin (Post 1017571)
Today you have both. You can list in Panjo and it will also put a listing in the forum as it always has or you can list directly in the forum only.

You can also reject a buy it now transaction.

Best Regards,

TOTV Team

You're a genius Admin! Who ever said you can't please all of the people?

Bonanza 02-22-2015 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angiefox10 (Post 1016579)

Exactly!

What could be easier than sending someone a message?

LndLocked 02-22-2015 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jnieman (Post 1017580)
You're a genius Admin! Who ever said you can't please all of the people?

nicely done