Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Signs on lawn (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/signs-lawn-144701/)

Codysmom 02-23-2015 08:22 AM

Signs on lawn

We are in the process of a major landscaping project. Two days ago our contractor put their sign in our yard at our request because people were stopping several times daily to ask who was doing the work. The plan was to remove it when the project was done. This morning the sign is gone and it was not removed by the contractor. We appreciate the need to not have these signs in the yard, however, I resent someone coming well onto my property to remove it especially with all of the recent breakins. Whoever feels the need to rid their village of these signs needs to come to the door of the resident, ring the bell and request the removal and not go lurking in the dark to do this.

TNLAKEPANDA 02-23-2015 08:32 AM

The Castle Doctrine applies to Village residents too.

kcrazorbackfan 02-23-2015 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TNLAKEPANDA (Post 1017930)

That's good to know. Most of the people here have no idea what you're talking about, though.

graciegirl 02-23-2015 08:49 AM

We haven't had any such signs removed from our yard.

We remove signs from our neighbors yards that says the pest man has cometh, when they are gone for long periods of time.

In a couple of days your contractor's trucks will be there and the neighbors will know who is doing your yard.

KathieI 02-23-2015 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Codysmom (Post 1017922)
We are in the process of a major landscaping project. Two days ago our contractor put their sign in our yard at our request because people were stopping several times daily to ask who was doing the work. The plan was to remove it when the project was done. This morning the sign is gone and it was not removed by the contractor. We appreciate the need to not have these signs in the yard, however, I resent someone coming well onto my property to remove it especially with all of the recent breakins. Whoever feels the need to rid their village of these signs needs to come to the door of the resident, ring the bell and request the removal and not go lurking in the dark to do this.

Agree!! Just a thought, maybe it was removed by the competition because they don't want the neighbors to go to them???

graciegirl 02-23-2015 08:59 AM

Bogie Shooter will come on soon and tell us what the rules are. I think...no signs south of 466. Never had a sign removed...because the signs we have now are contractors "permission" signs. Do Village Watch folks remove signs?

dave from deland 02-23-2015 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TNLAKEPANDA (Post 1017930)

I fully agree but I think invoking it for removal of signs from a yard or even grand theft would get you in a whole lot of legal trouble.

gerryh1943 02-23-2015 10:45 AM

Community Watch cannot remove then on your property.

Madelaine Amee 02-23-2015 10:53 AM

Me thinks you got a nosey neighbor in the neighborhood!

Lovey2 02-23-2015 11:13 AM

Quote:

I once saw a Pest control/lawn company, running down the street and snatching up their competitors signs. Threw them in the truck following along and took off. Just sayin'....

Vladimir 02-23-2015 11:17 AM

I see more and more of these yard signs (contractors signs, garage sale signs, house sale signs, etc) popping up not only on the lawns but also on community property. To me they ruin the beautiful landscaping and I consider them litter.

Villager Joyce 02-23-2015 12:54 PM

I have always taken the questions about our screened porch, driveway, etc. as an attaboy. It made me proud that others liked what we did.

OldManTime 02-23-2015 01:11 PM

Quote:

Your friendly Deed Compliance removed it, against your Deed restrictions..

HHMAN 02-23-2015 01:44 PM

I'm not sure about signs for contractors doing work but I truly hate all those lawn spraying signs!!! I believe The Villages mgmt. should make the company come back the next day and pick them up. That would solve the problem. I can never understand why residents leave them out to litter the neighborhood. I pick many of them off the curb on my daily walks just to make the streets look better. You don't get any better deal by leaving them out there so please get rid of them ASAP.

Villageswimmer 02-23-2015 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HHMAN (Post 1018155)
I'm not sure about signs for contractors doing work but I truly hate all those lawn spraying signs!!! I believe The Villages mgmt. should make the company come back the next day and pick them up. That would solve the problem. I can never understand why residents leave them out to litter the neighborhood. I pick many of them off the curb on my daily walks just to make the streets look better. You don't get any better deal by leaving them out there so please get rid of them ASAP.

Agree. I don't remove them but think they look stupid. I guess I thought maybe people leave them in to discourage dogs?? :confused: