Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Medical and Health Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/medical-health-discussion-94/)
-   -   Need orthopedic surgeon for tendon tear/shoulder (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/medical-health-discussion-94/need-orthopedic-surgeon-tendon-tear-shoulder-144881/)

jazzeoneaj 02-24-2015 11:18 AM

Need orthopedic surgeon for tendon tear/shoulder

Any recommendations for orthopedic surgeon for possibly tendon tear in upper arm/shoulder area?

Experiences with DRs.
Monique Grey, Tom Sullivan and David Ethier?

Don't need feedback on Dr. Olivierri, Dr. Mitchell, Dr. Hunt or Dr. Cowin as I would not use them anyway.

Need Villages Health doctors.

Thank you.

TomOB 02-24-2015 11:21 AM

The Orthopedic Institute in Ocala.

dbussone 02-24-2015 01:13 PM

Dr cook with Tri-County Ortho. One of their offices is at 466 and Rolling Acres. He did a specialty arm fellowship at Duke.

llaran 02-24-2015 01:47 PM

Dr J.Dean Cole is the best - 2501 N Orange Ave #340, Orlando, FL 32804
(407) 895-8890

Carla B 02-24-2015 02:08 PM

Dr. Grey moved away from Florida last year.

seashorecaroline 02-24-2015 07:30 PM

Dr. Cook at Tri-County Orthopedics is fantastic. A friend of mine was riding her bike on the golf cart trail and two ladies in a rental cart ran her off the road. She fell on the concrete and really messed up her shoulder. Dr. Cook put her back together and she is better than ever. When I had a torn meniscus Dr. Cook did my surgery too. If I had a shoulder problem I wouldn't go to anyone but Dr. Cook! Good luck.

jazzeoneaj 02-25-2015 08:11 AM

Do you know if Dr. Cook takes the Villages Health Insurance?

That is my problem..Ocala ortho docs that I checked, Duke, Locker, Cannon don't take the Villages Health Advantage Medicare that many of us have.

Thank you.
aj

dbussone 02-25-2015 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazzeoneaj (Post 1019107)
Do you know if Dr. Cook takes the Villages Health Insurance?

That is my problem..Ocala ortho docs that I checked, Duke, Locker, Cannon don't take the Villages Health Advantage Medicare that many of us have.

Thank you.
aj

I really don't know but here's his office number. I'm sure they would be pleased to let you know.
(352) 753-9105

Cedwards38 02-25-2015 08:50 AM

Another thumbs up for Dr. Cook.

LuvtheVillages 02-25-2015 08:51 AM

Dr Ethier recommendation

My husband used Dr Ethier for his shoulder - rotator cuff. I used him for a total knee replacement. We both had excellent results. He is kind and caring, and we would use him again if needed.

By the way, you do not need to be a member of Villages Health to use Dr Ethier. We are not members, and our insurance worked just fine.

jazzeoneaj 02-25-2015 10:44 AM

Thank you so much. He is the one.

Looked Dr. Cook up...5 STARS on healthgrades.:clap2:

They take the Villages Medical UH insurance!!

Apointment next Friday!!!

Awesome!!

aj

dbussone 02-25-2015 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazzeoneaj (Post 1019219)
Thank you so much. He is the one.

Looked Dr. Cook up...5 STARS on healthgrades.:clap2:

They take the Villages Medical UH insurance!!

Apointment next Friday!!!

Awesome!!

aj

Congratulations. You will be pleased with your care.

Bobs GolfCart Speedometer 03-30-2015 09:35 AM

Has anyone had experience with Drs' Derek Farr or Nirav Gupta at Twin Palms Ortho in Ocala. I have a complete tear of my rotator cuff and they say I need a complete shoulder replacement. I've had two appointments at their office and so far and I'm not at all impressed with the way they treat their new patients.

jazzeoneaj 03-30-2015 02:16 PM

Dr. Manseau in Ocala is wonderful and Dr. Sullivan of Villages Specialty..Dr. Mitchell also is very very good and only does surgery if it is really needed..saw Dr. Cook and felt I needed to move forward and seek others..not very communicative and seemed to worry more about 'the clock' than my questions.

Shimpy 03-30-2015 06:05 PM

Good luck with your tear. I had my tendon from my bicep to the shoulder tear or break completely about 7 years ago and was told by my orthopedic surgeon that it wasn't repairable and I still had one tendon attached. There are 2 from the bicep to the shoulder. A hurricane approaching S. Florida caused this injury when I opened my car door and the wind caught the door and flung me out of the car. I was trying to go into Winn Dixie to buy some last minute things.
Now 7 years later everything is normal for me and I even go the gym every day and see no different in using weights in either arm.