Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Feb 24, 2015 New Break-In Villa (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/feb-24-2015-new-break-villa-144983/)

gerryh1943 02-24-2015 11:13 PM

Feb 24, 2015 New Break-In Villa

Today about 2:30 this afternoon there was another break-in in the village of Hadley went through there gate on side of villa took jewelry ,please everyone be careful!!

Wandatime 02-24-2015 11:39 PM

Dang it. Good thing I get all my jewelry at Beall's Outlet.

On senior day.

With coupons.

But seriously, I hate this happened. Sometimes we forget this really isn't a fool-proof, fail-safe, bubble of love, don't we?

kcrazorbackfan 02-24-2015 11:52 PM

It only takes 1 time going into the right house at the wrong time. :eek: :boom:

CassieInVa 02-25-2015 12:00 AM

Do we have more details? Occupants not home? How did they get in - sliders? Did they ever catch anyone for all of those other break ins? I just hate hearing this - the homeowners must feel so violated.

karostay 02-25-2015 08:53 AM

Just need to shoot a few

CFrance 02-25-2015 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wandatime (Post 1019037)

On senior day.

With coupons.

But seriously, I hate this happened. Sometimes we forget this really isn't a fool-proof, fail-safe, bubble of love, don't we?

Love you, Wandatime!:1rotfl:

TNLAKEPANDA 02-25-2015 12:12 PM

I don't know why people don't put in a SimpliSafe alarm. Totally wireless and installs in less than 30 mins. Just to have it set at night when you are sleeping is comforting. Also includes a smoke alarm. No contracts and not monitoring fee unless you want it and then it is only $14.95 mo.

No brainer.

graciegirl 02-25-2015 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CassieInVa (Post 1019043)
Do we have more details? Occupants not home? How did they get in - sliders? Did they ever catch anyone for all of those other break ins? I just hate hearing this - the homeowners must feel so violated.

There were 17 perps apprehended when there was a rash of burglaries about a year ago. We have the Sumter County Sheriff, the Lady Lake Police, The Marion County Sheriff and now Fruitland Park and Wildwood and thank heavens they all work well together. Several of the offenders were apprehended because of combined efforts of Sumter and Marion County Sheriff's department and even the Orlando Police department helped with information.

And the population is installing security systems and some mighty fancy camera's inside and out. Those bad guys have picked the wrong bunch.

dewilson58 02-25-2015 12:17 PM

Quote:

On senior day.

With coupons.

The scary thing is................they won't know it's Beall's Outlet, Senior Day, Coupon until it's too late. Hope the people weren't at home.

tomwed 02-25-2015 12:23 PM

There are a lot of homes here. I don't hear so well so I guess my tv is a little too loud. I'm thinking if I leave the sound on really loud when I'm not home, who would break in with so many other quiet houses around me? [they may be loud too, but i can't hear it]

The perps around here know that many TV homeowners are armed, so why take a chance on the noisy house?

Barefoot 02-25-2015 12:48 PM

Quote:

On senior day.
With coupons.

:highfive:

rubicon 02-25-2015 03:23 PM

The criminal element has little fear of being caught because if they did then most wouldn't break-in in broad daylight. Most apparently have established a homeowners pattern and habits. In order to do so I suspect most have a legitimate reason to be in The Villages.

It also must be a real incentive for them to believe they are dealing with many defenseless oldsters with whom they believe have some very valuable property.

Barefoot 02-25-2015 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rubicon (Post 1019390)
The criminal element has little fear of being caught because if they did then most wouldn't break-in in broad daylight. Most apparently have established a homeowners pattern and habits. In order to do so I suspect most have a legitimate reason to be in The Villages.
It also must be a real incentive for them to believe they are dealing with many defenseless oldsters with whom they believe have some very valuable property.

Our street almost always has lawn company trucks or construction company trucks parked. I assume most neighborhoods are the same.
I'd think it would be easy for any robber to park on a street and figure out the patterns of a household.
If you see a couple depart with a couple of golf bags on their cart, chances are they'll be gone for a couple of hours.
We all need to watch out for our neighbors, and question anything suspicious.

janmcn 02-25-2015 04:12 PM

The easiest thing people can do right now today is leave a radio blaring every time you leave the house. The robber may see two people drive away in a golf cart, but they won't know for sure that another person is in the house.

e-flyer 02-26-2015 06:12 PM

The other on-line news reported this one and another break-in (in the Village of Pinellas), both on Tues. in mid afternoon. Neighbors need to be watching out for each other.