Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Sheriff Cars at Sanibel Post Office (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/sheriff-cars-sanibel-post-office-145085/)

optv13sp 02-25-2015 07:31 PM

Sheriff Cars at Sanibel Post Office

At 2:45 today, there were two Sheriff cars and two unmarked cars at the Sanibel post office. They were pulling everything out of the trunk of an older blue green car. Does anyone know what this was about? Was it connected to another thread regarding Sheriff cars at Pinellas, Collier, and Brownwood. There's an obvious increase in police activity perhaps related to additional officers recently added. Perhaps residents are now getting more involved and reporting any suspicious person/activity which has resulted in the more visible presence.
Anyway, back to my question...does anyone know what the Sanibel activity was all about?

dbussone 02-25-2015 07:36 PM

Don't know, but I can tell you we had a similar incident several months ago when one of our Sanibel residents was caught using drugs in the pool bathroom.

kcrazorbackfan 02-25-2015 07:51 PM

Maybe someone went "postal". :icon_wink: Hopefully, TV residents are starting to take the advice of others and keep an eye out for people or things out of the ordinary.

graciegirl 02-25-2015 08:11 PM

Just about this same time last year.

https://www.talkofthevillages.com/fo...caught-108816/

joldnol 02-26-2015 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dbussone (Post 1019527)
Don't know, but I can tell you we had a similar incident several months ago when one of our Sanibel residents was caught using drugs in the pool bathroom.

sounds like that crime wave was stopped. Meanwhile real crimes were taking place. People use drugs at the pools everyday.....I've seen many people drinking alcohol there.

karostay 02-26-2015 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joldnol (Post 1019759)
sounds like that crime wave was stopped. Meanwhile real crimes were taking place. People use drugs at the pools everyday.....I've seen many people drinking alcohol there.

Am I missing something?

Dancing Queen 02-26-2015 05:22 PM

Thanks to Fertigator Employee

Quote:

Originally Posted by graciegirl (Post 1019544)

Thank you, to all especially the employee who called 911 about suspects from Fertigator!

Shimpy 02-26-2015 05:47 PM

Quote:

Meanwhile real crimes were taking place. .....I've seen many people drinking alcohol there.

Do you mean they were under 21?

bxmt54 02-26-2015 08:07 PM

Did you notice if the car was an older Honda? We called community watch to report one in our neighborhood a week ago. It was bluish green as well. The lady at community watch sent out Sumter police to talk to us about the fellow that came to the door. He seemed very suspicious at the time. Wanted to know if we needed our gutters repositioned...but as we watched him leave he didn't stop at any other houses on our street.

optv13sp 02-26-2015 08:17 PM

I can't say if it was a Honda or not. It was definitely an older vehicle. They were pulling everything out of the trunk including the liner and the plain clothes detective type had on gloves. I was like others getting their mail, in and out. Good for you reporting the suspicious guy/car. If all of us start doing this more often, it will help the cops and will send a message to the bad guys.

philnpat 02-26-2015 09:37 PM

Quote:

I wasn't aware it was against the law to drink alcohol at the pools.

dbussone 02-26-2015 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philnpat (Post 1020076)
I wasn't aware it was against the law to drink alcohol at the pools.

It isn't.

joldnol 02-27-2015 09:25 PM

it's not against the law but it is drug use at the pool