Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Local Hairdresser Needs Prayer and Support (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/local-hairdresser-needs-prayer-support-145336/)

pspano 02-27-2015 07:45 PM

Local Hairdresser Needs Prayer and Support

For those of you who don't know this beautiful woman, her name is Whitney Burkhart. She is a friend to many, she is a daughter, a sister, but most importantly she is the mother of a 22 month old little girl. Whitney is a hair dresser at Urban Hair Salon off 466.

Most family and some friends have recently heard that Monday Whitney was diagnosed with Signet cell carcinoma, a rare and genetic stomach cancer.

We are going to be strong and positive to fight this! Monday starts Whitney's first of many rounds of chemotherapy. Please keep her in your prayers. This account has been set up to assist Whitney financially as she faces this battle, she will not be able to work and will have many medical bills coming her way. We all would like her to focus on beating this and not how she will pay her bills.

Pls go to Support Whitney's Treatment!!! by Andrea Wilcome - GoFundMe for more info and how to donate.

Thank you everyone in advance for all your love and support.

Polar Bear 02-27-2015 09:26 PM

Prayers are on the way.

kas52 02-27-2015 11:40 PM

Thank you for sharing. Please keep us posted.

CFrance 02-28-2015 02:46 AM

OMG. Whitney is my hairdresser. What a hard working, conscientious person and great friend she is. A wonderful parent to little Georgina. I am stunned. Please pray and contribute. She has many loved ones to survive for. She is very young.

Life sure can turn on a dime.

Cobh521 02-28-2015 08:06 AM

Prayers being said.

graciegirl 02-28-2015 08:25 AM

Prayers here.

Taltarzac725 02-28-2015 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pspano (Post 1020582)
For those of you who don't know this beautiful woman, her name is Whitney Burkhart. She is a friend to many, she is a daughter, a sister, but most importantly she is the mother of a 22 month old little girl. Whitney is a hair dresser at Urban Hair Salon off 466.

Most family and some friends have recently heard that Monday Whitney was diagnosed with Signet cell carcinoma, a rare and genetic stomach cancer.

We are going to be strong and positive to fight this! Monday starts Whitney's first of many rounds of chemotherapy. Please keep her in your prayers. This account has been set up to assist Whitney financially as she faces this battle, she will not be able to work and will have many medical bills coming her way. We all would like her to focus on beating this and not how she will pay her bills.

Pls go to Support Whitney's Treatment!!! by Andrea Wilcome - GoFundMe for more info and how to donate.

Thank you everyone in advance for all your love and support.

Prayers for this woman.

JC and John 02-28-2015 02:33 PM

Whitney is my hairdresser and such a sweet person. Please pray for her and contribute to her fund mentioned above. She surely needs our help as you all know, medical bills these days can be staggeringly high, with or without insurance.

Barefoot 02-28-2015 03:29 PM

Whitney is my hairdresser also. She is a very young woman with a toddler.
I am dismayed to hear of her illness. Of course I will donate and pray.
Thanks for getting the word out.

dotti105 03-01-2015 05:02 PM

Thanks for getting the word out. These tragedies can hit close to home without us even realizing it.
Hopefully this will get more to donate, pray and do what they can for this family.

kcrazorbackfan 03-01-2015 07:41 PM

Thoughts and prayers from us.

Pointer 03-02-2015 04:12 AM

How wonderful it is to have this site to get the word out. All the prayers and donations can only help. Count mine in.

jojo 03-02-2015 08:13 AM

Whitney cuts my hair and she is indeed very special. She is a loving mother, a delightful conversationalist, and just a wonderful person. Prayers for her.

graciegirl 03-02-2015 08:14 AM

Where is this salon?

starflyte1 03-02-2015 09:33 AM

It is across from Bargains and Treasures, a bit to the west. It is the square two story box building.