Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Great experience buying furniture (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/great-experience-buying-furniture-145458/)

maddie101 02-28-2015 09:17 PM

Great experience buying furniture

We are moving into our home in Gilchrist later this year. I flew to FURNITURELAND SOUTH in South Carolina. I worked with Patti Allen. She spent two full days with me and she is patient and has great ideas. She is a decorator and I sent my floorplan to her before I arrived. They have furniture in all price points. With 1.3 MILLION square feet of furniture, you will find something. Delivery to The Villages is free if you spend $5,000 or more, and they hold your delivery up to one year if you are not ready for immediate delivery. Prices seemed to be better than any other place that I looked, and the savings paid for my trip there. I got a discount at Grandover Resorts by saying I was recommended by Furnitureland South. The resort picked us up from the airport and took us to the store each day, and picked us back up each afternoon.
Patti said she has many customers in TV. Her partner is Stephanie James and they both are so nice. There were many guests at the resort that flew in just to shop for furniture. If you know what you want, you can just call and order over the phone. I can really say that Patti made it a fun experience. It was not a chore. There is a Starbucks there, and a cafe. You can really spend the day there and accomplish everything.

Indydealmaker 02-28-2015 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maddie101 (Post 1021118)
We are moving into our home in Gilchrist later this year. I flew to FURNITURELAND SOUTH in South Carolina. I worked with Patti Allen. She spent two full days with me and she is patient and has great ideas. She is a decorator and I sent my floorplan to her before I arrived. They have furniture in all price points. With 1.3 MILLION square feet of furniture, you will find something. Delivery to The Villages is free if you spend $5,000 or more, and they hold your delivery up to one year if you are not ready for immediate delivery. Prices seemed to be better than any other place that I looked, and the savings paid for my trip there. I got a discount at Grandover Resorts by saying I was recommended by Furnitureland South. The resort picked us up from the airport and took us to the store each day, and picked us back up each afternoon.
Patti said she has many customers in TV. Her partner is Stephanie James and they both are so nice. There were many guests at the resort that flew in just to shop for furniture. If you know what you want, you can just call and order over the phone. I can really say that Patti made it a fun experience. It was not a chore. There is a Starbucks there, and a cafe. You can really spend the day there and accomplish everything.

I hope it works out well for you. I noticed a significant number of bad reviews online. Here is one of several websites:
Top 66 Complaints and Reviews about Furnitureland South

maddie101 02-28-2015 09:47 PM

I did research. Found plenty of good ones and know other people who have used them. With the quantity that they sell, there are bound to be some problems. I do hope it all goes well, too! So far, so good..

Toms River T&D 02-28-2015 10:12 PM

We bought from Furnitureland South about 18 years ago from NJ. We took a trip there, took pictures and made our decision when we got home. Great experience, delivery and setup all went well. Would recommend, however, it has been quite awhile ago.

Chatbrat 02-28-2015 11:30 PM

Bought lots of furniture from them as well--great store, we had an odd shaped room & they fitted furniture to it perfectly

Debfrommaine 03-01-2015 06:38 AM

I worked with them too and had excellent results. Only draw back was when the State of Florida sent us a sales tax notice that we had to pay - they audit trucking companies that come to Florida from out of state (was within the last year). Keep your receipts in case you get such a notice and have to pay up.

dotti105 03-01-2015 04:57 PM

Where in SC are they located??

gpirate 03-01-2015 05:49 PM

Here is a website showing they are in NC.

Discount Furniture Online & In Store | Furnitureland South

maddie101 03-02-2015 09:56 AM

Yes. Greensboro NC. My brain and typing aren't always in synch