Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Wonderful Lunch Sunday with a Stranger (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/wonderful-lunch-sunday-stranger-145902/)

dbanks50 03-03-2015 07:52 PM

Wonderful Lunch Sunday with a Stranger

We were in a line for lunch Sunday. There was a gentleman in front of us who was alone. When he got to the front of the line, the hostess said she would see what she could find. I spoke up and asked if he wanted to join my husband and I. He immediately said three. Turns out, we have so much in common. I only know his first name, but I do know he added to the enjoyment of our meal. I hope he enjoyed it as much as us. We won't hesitate to do this again.

pmbinnj 03-03-2015 08:04 PM

Well done!

champion6 03-03-2015 08:25 PM

Awesome. Thanks for sharing!

Phanatic Luvr 03-03-2015 08:41 PM

I truly wish there were more of these wonderful post on TOTV's. Thanks you for being one of the kind one's.

sharonga 03-03-2015 08:46 PM

That is so nice of you. What goes around comes around. Once on this site, someone invited a couple who had just moved here to their Thanksgiving Dinner. They accepted. We live in a good place.

villagetinker 03-03-2015 08:52 PM

We stopped in the Japanese Hibachi at LSL, and were seated at a table with 2 other couples. We were all talking to each other in a matter of minutes, and swapped cards before the end of the meal. They live very close to us. TV is such a wonderful place. And oh yes, we all had a wonderful meal.

gerryann 03-03-2015 09:11 PM

That was so nice of you! I wish more folks here had your attitude. You are a special couple and I'm sure this gentleman enjoyed his meal much more in your company. 👍

NYGUY 03-03-2015 09:51 PM

That was a really nice story....thanks for sharing!!!

lafoto 03-04-2015 07:00 AM

This has been a personal habit of mine for years. Meeting strangers is one of the great joys in life in my opinion. My wife and I recently visited Japan and of course meeting the locals was most definitely on my list. Beyond language and beyond culture you find wonderful everywhere.

folkh 03-04-2015 08:53 AM

Wonderful post!! Good Karma!!������

HimandMe 03-04-2015 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dbanks50 (Post 1022821)
We were in a line for lunch Sunday. There was a gentleman in front of us who was alone. When he got to the front of the line, the hostess said she would see what she could find. I spoke up and asked if he wanted to join my husband and I. He immediately said three. Turns out, we have so much in common. I only know his first name, but I do know he added to the enjoyment of our meal. I hope he enjoyed it as much as us. We won't hesitate to do this again.

When I saw the title "Lunch with a Stranger", I thought it was a new event in the Villages. It wasn't but would be a great way to meet fellow Villagers...

graciegirl 03-04-2015 09:04 AM

When the two of us play golf we are always paired with people we enjoy very much. Just lucky. OR....there are a lot of wonderful people in The Villages.

Miles42 03-04-2015 11:33 PM

Great post. I really enjoyed reading this one.

Bonanza 03-05-2015 03:02 AM

My husband and I have done this many times.
Over the years we have met some very nice and interesting people from all walks of life.
Not for one minute have we ever regretted doing this and we will continue to do this.

john1953 03-05-2015 04:05 AM

That was very very nice of you guys.I`am sure it made his day.Now if you had said you picked up the tab for his meal,you two would have become my very best friends forever"smiling"