Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   TOTV self starting videos and constant flashing speed test signs? (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/totv-self-starting-videos-constant-flashing-speed-test-signs-145941/)

billethkid 03-04-2015 10:51 AM

TOTV self starting videos and constant flashing speed test signs?

Are all the annoying flashing signs and self starting videos a part of the advertizing clientele of TOTV?

They seemed to have increased in fequency in the last few weeks and are extremely annoying.

Is anybody else experiencing these? I use Firefox as my browser and Windows 7.

jnieman 03-04-2015 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billethkid (Post 1023075)
Are all the annoying flashing signs and self starting videos a part of the advertizing clientele of TOTV?

They seemed to have increased in fequency in the last few weeks and are extremely annoying.

I don't notice it on my computer. I was using Firefox with TOTV but switched back to Google Chrome last week because I found that Firefox was very slow with TOTV and the ads were annoying and slow to load. I also have on my popup blockers.

memason 03-04-2015 11:30 AM

I've been having the same issue for some time...I'm using Safari on a Mac & sometimes Chrome....The videos are especially annoying.

NYGUY 03-04-2015 11:46 AM

The flashing ads have gone away for me...using Google Chrome.

champion6 03-04-2015 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billethkid (Post 1023075)

I also use Windows 7 and Firefox. However I have also installed the Firefox extension Adblock Plus. I don't see ads or hear videos. Try it -- Tools > Add-ons > Get Add-ons > Search all add-ons

Cisco Kid 03-04-2015 04:59 PM

I've been getting a Russian dating site. It says someone you know is on this site. I want to know which one of you it is?

Shimpy 03-04-2015 06:08 PM

I get none of this. Using Windows 8.1 and Internet Explorer.

DougB 03-04-2015 07:58 PM

No videos or flashing signs here.

kittygilchrist 03-04-2015 08:45 PM

Ipad, safari. No flashing or videos.
Do have to refresh to clear display.

billethkid 03-05-2015 12:00 AM

I do not experience the flashing ads or videos on my iPad.

billethkid 03-05-2015 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by champion6 (Post 1023167)
I also use Windows 7 and Firefox. However I have also installed the Firefox extension Adblock Plus. I don't see ads or hear videos. Try it -- Tools > Add-ons > Get Add-ons > Search all add-ons

I did the above and the issues have stopped completely.
Thanx for the tip.

TOTV Team 03-05-2015 07:48 PM

We don't run any video or flashing ads. If you have this happen send us a screen shot and we can have Google block the advertiser.

Best Regards,

TOTV Team