Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Talk of the Music (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/talk-music-337/)
-   -   Fun concert by The Villages Pops Chorus and The Villages Swing Band (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/talk-music-337/fun-concert-villages-pops-chorus-villages-swing-band-146059/)

bandsdavis 03-05-2015 09:34 AM

Fun concert by The Villages Pops Chorus and The Villages Swing Band

Hey everyone. On April 20, The Villages Pops Chorus will be joined by The Villages Swing Band for a unique and fun concert called “Come Fly With Me US!” . The 2 groups will perform 7 songs together, including "Come Fly With Me", "Moonlight Serenade" and a Gershwin medley. The groups will also perform a number of songs individually. The Pops Chorus will perform "The Days of Wine and Roses" and "Since I Fell for You", among others; the Swing Band songs will include "In the Mood" and "Take 5" along with some surprises. The combined finale will be a rousing medley of patriotic songs by George M. Cohan. The concert will be at North Lake Presbyterian Church on April 20, with concerts at 3:30 and 7:00 PM. Tickets are just $12 available at all Villages Box Office locations and online. Net proceeds are donated to local charities. Last year, the Pops Chorus donated $10,000 to a number of organizations. Hope you will come and see us! We have been very fortunate to have audiences of almost 1,000 at each of our previous concerts and hope to continue that trend. Thanks!

Bill Davis

bandsdavis 04-17-2015 08:48 PM

Pops Chirus and Swing Band Concert Monday 4/20

Quote:

Originally Posted by bandsdavis (Post 1023571)
Hey everyone. On April 20, The Villages Pops Chorus will be joined by The Villages Swing Band for a unique and fun concert called “Come Fly With Me US!” . The 2 groups will perform 7 songs together, including "Come Fly With Me", "Moonlight Serenade" and a Gershwin medley. The groups will also perform a number of songs individually. The Pops Chorus will perform "The Days of Wine and Roses" and "Since I Fell for You", among others; the Swing Band songs will include "In the Mood" and "Take 5" along with some surprises. The combined finale will be a rousing medley of patriotic songs by George M. Cohan. The concert will be at North Lake Presbyterian Church on April 20, with concerts at 3:30 and 7:00 PM. Tickets are just $12 available at all Villages Box Office locations and online. Net proceeds are donated to local charities. Last year, the Pops Chorus donated $10,000 to a number of organizations. Hope you will come and see us! We have been very fortunate to have audiences of almost 1,000 at each of our previous concerts and hope to continue that trend. Thanks!

Bill Davis

Concert is this coming Monday! Going to be great fun!