Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Feminine Forum (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/feminine-forum-111/)
-   -   Hairstroke Brows (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/feminine-forum-111/hairstroke-brows-146580/)

Judith Ann 03-09-2015 07:03 AM

Hairstroke Brows

Has anyone had permanent eyebrows done by
Sharie at Cal's?

Wandatime 05-23-2015 02:48 PM

Judith Ann, if you go to the search box and type in "permanent eyebrows" you'll see three threads that have quite a few comments. Apparently Kim and Sharie both do a similar technique that gives a much more natural appearance than the old style of permanent eyebrows. Comments by women that have had the procedure say that both Kim and Sharie are very good. I have an appointment with Sharie on June 5th at 1:30 PM to get my eyebrows done. If you are game to get yours done around the same time, we can hold each other's hands, LOL! Otherwise, I'll PM you my picture after they've been done.

Wandatime 06-02-2015 06:46 PM

Okay, after much reflection I changed my mind and cancelled my appointment with Sharie. I subsequently made an appointment with Kim and tomorrow I am having my eyebrows done by her. After a LOT of research I just felt her technique was more in keeping with what I had in mind. I'll post after pictures . . . well, after.

Blessed2BNTV 06-02-2015 07:12 PM

Looking forward to the pictures. Friend of mine had it done by Sherrie at Cal's and they came out too dark and did not fade as promised.

Radio guy 06-03-2015 05:53 AM

I had my eyeliner done by Joann Larocca at Salon Jaylee in Southern Trace Plaza.
She is wonderful. My friend had her brows and lip & eye liner done.
Check her out before you decide. Her # 259-6700
Tell her Wendy & Sue sent you.

Pat Reilly 06-03-2015 06:58 AM

Kim is very professional and she did my eyebrows and they are perfect..I would highly recommend Kim.
Pat

graciegirl 06-03-2015 07:25 AM

I keep imaging Joan Crawford.
http://lts.brandeis.edu/research/arc...oto-2-1973.jpg

Wandatime 06-04-2015 10:24 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Okay, ladies, here they are!

beachx4me 06-04-2015 10:33 AM

Look natural to me. I have been thinking of doing it also. Mine resemble your before picture.

graciegirl 06-04-2015 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wandatime (Post 1069946)

O.K. I'm in.

Did they do the big blue eyes too????

Wandatime 06-04-2015 11:13 AM

Would you believe I had brown eyes as a child, then green up until about five years ago, and now blue. By the time I'm eighty they're gonna fade to a pale, pale gray.

I will post another picture in a week; Kim says they'll "settle down" and be even more natural then.

Sable99 06-04-2015 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wandatime (Post 1069946)

Your picture looks great! I've been thinking about having my brows done as my brows are very patchy! What can I say, when I was very young l fell on an old fence on the farm and had to have stitches in one of my brows.

Since I'm in Michigan I have a couple of questions. Do you have to go back after the procedure. And, what was the cost of the procedure. I'm usually only in TV for two weeks at a time.

Thanks in advance!

dktempleton 06-04-2015 02:02 PM

Wow! They look great! Kim it is:) Do you have her phone number?

Wandatime 06-04-2015 03:51 PM

You go back in six weeks for a touch-up if needed.l Kim's number is 352-430-2100. She spends longer making sure you like the shape than she does doing the procedure. She puts a pain killer on your eyebrows so you don't feel any pain. You wait twenty minutes and then she starts the procedure. It feels like it does when you get a razor haircut. I know, supposedly you can't feel haircuts but that is what it feels like, or maybe that is what it sounds like. The procedure took maybe fifteen minutes. About an hour afterwards I felt a little bit of a burning sensation, nothing to write home about, for about ten minutes. That's it!

Blessed2BNTV 06-04-2015 03:54 PM

Wanda they look terrific! I just may do this as well!