Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, Non Villages Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/)
-   -   Oh no, Apple/Mac OS X not safe any more (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/oh-no-apple-mac-os-x-not-safe-any-more-146611/)

Xavier 03-09-2015 10:46 AM

Oh no, Apple/Mac OS X not safe any more

From the "How to Geek" Computer site." Crapware is here and increasing as we speak. How smug are we now?

CLICK HERE

Xavier

kittygilchrist 03-09-2015 11:20 AM

smug. I love that word. You cannot laugh about being and still be smug, can you?
Apple girl, not happy about this...

dewilson58 03-09-2015 11:28 AM

Just a matter of time.

With more and more Apple users, now it is worth hacker time to "have fun."

:Screen_of_Death:

Midvale 03-09-2015 12:53 PM

Any OS has vulnerabilities.
I've run Linux on my MacBook Pro for many years which is even less popular, hence more secure but that may change eventually.

sunnyatlast 03-09-2015 01:10 PM

There's nobody as "smug" as Bill Gates for the last 28 years, laughing all the way to the bank with your money, while knowing full well you never needed Windows at all--you could always have bought a Mac and actually do some work and productivity instead of fighting with constant re-installation of Windows from scratch, bug fixes and new editions every year, only to go back to a 6-year old edition that people had learned to live with, and then discontinuing support of that one so you'd have to buy the current one that already has people going back to the previous year's one.

rdhdleo 03-09-2015 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunnyatlast (Post 1025991)
There's nobody as "smug" as Bill Gates for the last 28 years, laughing all the way to the bank with your money, while knowing full well you never needed Windows at all--you could always have bought a Mac and actually do some work and productivity instead of fighting with constant re-installation of Windows from scratch, bug fixes and new editions every year, only to go back to a 6-year old edition that people had learned to live with, and then discontinuing support of that one so you'd have to buy the current one that already has people going back to the previous year's one.

Agree, besides, while I am a relatively new (3years) Apple user, got tired of all the garbage with Windows based systems Anything can be vulnerable however if anything happens Apple support is above and beyond any out their and everyone I have spoken too has been in the US and spoke English so think smug if you want I prefer to think I finally got smart ;) Plus I use Trend Micro on my computers never an issue.

villagetinker 03-09-2015 08:38 PM

Every time something happens to Windows, I look west, bow, and repeat "Thank you Bill, Thank you Bill,.....:Screen_of_Death:

I have been running Norton 360, and so far with good results.

I guess now the Apple users will get to have first hand knowledge of what we have been dealing with, Welcome to the party.:pepper2: