Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Be Polite!!! (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/polite-146646/)

Larina 03-09-2015 02:28 PM

Be Polite!!!

To the A-hole who took my parking space yesterday in front of Tuesday Morning, Shame on YOU! You saw that I had my turn signal on, but you still cut in front of me to get the parking space, then basically RAN into the store as not to be confronted....C'mon people GROW UP! I thought this was Floridas Friendliest Hometown.....NOT

Happinow 03-09-2015 02:35 PM

Really? How many more parking spots were there to be had? Was that the only one? Get over it and move on. You need to learn to pick your battles. Someone taking your parking spot is just another day in The Villages. Gotta let it go. Why not learn to park waaaaaay out away from the store? I'll bet nobody will fight you for that parking space.

Larina 03-09-2015 02:37 PM

The parking lot was PACKED......I had to park at least 30+ spots away. I'm just saying, if you see someone with their signal on, that means it's their spot, not yours for the taking. And to basically RUN away makes me realize that they KNEW what they did and didn't want to be accountable for it, just like many Villagers act.

Larina 03-09-2015 02:41 PM

Not to mention, at Walmart or Publix, I DO park waaaaaaay away from the store because a-holes don't like to return their shopping cars and I don't want my vehicle getting hit by them. This was just a quick run into a store which I clearly had the right to that spot. I do choose my battles, but Villagers seem to have upped the battlefield, I guess I need to up my gameplan as well! This sense of entitlement baffles me.

obxgal 03-09-2015 02:42 PM

Nice first post. Maybe "the A-hole" was from one of the surrounding areas.

Cisco Kid 03-09-2015 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Larina (Post 1026015)
To the A-hole who took my parking space yesterday in front of Tuesday Morning, Shame on YOU! You saw that I had my turn signal on, but you still cut in front of me to get the parking space, then basically RAN into the store as not to be confronted....C'mon people GROW UP! I thought this was Floridas Friendliest Hometown.....NOT

I am sorry I cut you off.
I had to go potty real bad.
Welcome to the forum.

chuck90199 03-09-2015 03:09 PM

Tuesday morning isn't in The Villages. It's in a shopping center in Lady Lake, so it wasn't necessarily a "Villager" that cut you off.

starflyte1 03-09-2015 03:13 PM

Wouldn't "Please" be polite be the polite way to put it?

Bogie Shooter 03-09-2015 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Larina (Post 1026019)
The parking lot was PACKED......I had to park at least 30+ spots away. I'm just saying, if you see someone with their signal on, that means it's their spot, not yours for the taking. And to basically RUN away makes me realize that they KNEW what they did and didn't want to be accountable for it, just like many Villagers act.

How did you know it was a Villager?

Larina 03-09-2015 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter (Post 1026047)
How did you know it was a Villager?

Where in my original post did you see that I suggested it was a Villager? No Where! I was just reminding people of all ages to be aware of the surroundings and be POLITE.....the other posters made me go the whole "Villagers" route.

Larina 03-09-2015 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by obxgal (Post 1026025)
Nice first post. Maybe "the A-hole" was from one of the surrounding areas.

Nice way to be catty...I don't care if he was from the Villages or not, I NEVER claimed that he was. I'm actually from Pittsburgh, and you and I know, if someone stole your parking space in Pbg, you could bet beat up. Just trying to make this place the home that you would want to live in, not home that you have to be ashamed of.

DougB 03-09-2015 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Larina (Post 1026015)

Something you expect us to do about it? Why not confront the A-hole?
Your last sentence does make the claim that it was a Villager.

Larina 03-09-2015 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DougB (Post 1026062)
Something you expect us to do about it? Why not confront the A-hole?

No, I don't expect you to do anything about it, just pay attention and be aware before stealing a parking space. OMG, Didn't think this post would cause so much controversy. Too many accidents happening lately and wanted to remind people to be aware and safe. My Bad!

graciegirl 03-09-2015 04:00 PM

Be polite.

When I would try to teach my kids and grandkids about being polite,

Number one on my list was not to call anyone an *******.

cquick 03-09-2015 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Larina (Post 1026059)
Nice way to be catty...I don't care if he was from the Villages or not, I NEVER claimed that he was. I'm actually from Pittsburgh, and you and I know, if someone stole your parking space in Pbg, you could bet beat up. Just trying to make this place the home that you would want to live in, not home that you have to be ashamed of.

I'm sorry someone took your parking spot. I'm sorry it upset you so much. I'm sorry that The Villagers don't reach Pittsburgh standards.

I will get slammed for this, but really, losing a parking spot isn't very important in the grand scheme of things.