Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, Political talk (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-political-talk-88/)
-   -   GOP Pens Leter to Iran (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-political-talk-88/gop-pens-leter-iran-146710/)

Guest 03-10-2015 09:03 AM

GOP Pens Leter to Iran

What is everyone's opinion of this development ??? Whatever your opinion of the impending deal or no deal with Iran. Do you think our Congress should be undermining the President on the international stage?

Firestorm erupts over GOP letter challenging Obama's power to approve Iran nuclear deal | Fox News

Guest 03-10-2015 10:30 AM

Iran says GOP letter suggests US is 'not trustworthy' - AOL.com

These republican senators are clearly trying to sabotage the deal, although no deal has been announced, but they have not offered one constructive idea of their own. What is their plan, other than all out war with Iran?

Guest 03-10-2015 10:37 AM

The Senate GOP's Extraordinary Letter To Iran Is Seriously Backfiring

The GOP's letter to Iran seems to be backfiring big time. In a related matter, a new poll released today says Netanyahu would lose if the election were held today. Apparently his speech to congress also is backfiring if he was attempting to influence the electorate.

Guest 03-10-2015 12:43 PM

In my travels throughout the world, I have never spoken badly about the sitting President. It doesn't matter the political party of the President. As an American, I believe you should always put on your American face to outsiders.

This letter is way beyond what I expect from our elected officials.

The political divisiveness has reach a new level, even on this forum.

Guest 03-10-2015 12:54 PM

Can you imagine if this type of letter was written by North Korean Party leaders to Pres. Obama? They would be imprisoned or executed for treason.

It is a good thing that Netenblabblab would lose. We do not need war mongers like him around as "allies".

Guest 03-10-2015 01:14 PM

Quote:

Posted by Guest (Post 1026413)
In my travels throughout the world, I have never spoken badly about the sitting President. It doesn't matter the political party of the President. As an American, I believe you should always put on your American face to outsiders.

This letter is way beyond what I expect from our elected officials.

The political divisiveness has reach a new level, even on this forum.

You have an interesting perspective.

To me, this is another indication of Obama's lack of leadership. Like it or not, we have a two-party system and if you want to be an effective leader you MUST find common ground and work in bipartisan fashion with the out-of-power party. Obama's "take it or leave it" narcissistic attitude and rhetoric has poisoned Washington and resulted in a dysfunctional stalemate. By every measure, Obama's presidency is an abject failure devoid of any significant legislative or international accomplishments.

I WAS going to say at least his golf game is getting better, but according to Michael Jordan (who refuses to play golf with Obama!) he's still a hack. You gotta love it!

:crap2:

Guest 03-10-2015 01:23 PM

'TRAITORS': NY Daily News Slams GOP Senators Who Signed Iran Letter (PHOTO)

The NY Daily News brands these 47 GOP senators who sent this letters as traitors on the cover of today's newspaper.

Guest 03-10-2015 01:28 PM

Quote:

Posted by Guest (Post 1026316)
What is everyone's opinion of this development ??? Whatever your opinion of the impending deal or no deal with Iran. Do you think our Congress should be undermining the President on the international stage?

Firestorm erupts over GOP letter challenging Obama's power to approve Iran nuclear deal | Fox News

This reminds me of Baghdad Jim McDermott D-Wa

Guest 03-10-2015 01:32 PM

Quote:

Posted by Guest (Post 1026428)
You have an interesting perspective.

To me, this is another indication of Obama's lack of leadership. Like it or not, we have a two-party system and if you want to be an effective leader you MUST find common ground and work in bipartisan fashion with the out-of-power party. Obama's "take it or leave it" narcissistic attitude and rhetoric has poisoned Washington and resulted in a dysfunctional stalemate. By every measure, Obama's presidency is an abject failure devoid of any significant legislative or international accomplishments.

I WAS going to say at least his golf game is getting better, but according to Michael Jordan (who refuses to play golf with Obama!) he's still a hack. You gotta love it!

:crap2:

Fully agree ... if Obama was a man of his word and trustworthy people wouldn't feel the need to do this

"If you like your doctor you can keep your doctor " equals "I won't let Iran get a nuke "

Guest 03-10-2015 01:33 PM

The GOP letter sent to Iran could not have undermined Obama"plan because the plan was undermined by Obama himself. Essentially Obama was holding Iran to its demand. But that is not the issue

Obama's tactics over these six years have shown that he can't be trusted, that he is a horrible negotiator and that he has refused from day one to work within the US Constitutions of separate but equal powers. the presidents job is to execute faithfully the policies created by the legislative branch with disputes between resolved by the judicial.

Obama has ignored Congress from day one and has gotten very use to governing by fiat and in doing so this country is in a serious mess.

I am saddened that 47 GOP senators felt the need to write a letter to the Iranians but keep in mind that the Iran deal so badly thought out that despite desperate attempts to hear them out Obama proceeded in his usual arrogant way. so while I am sorrowful that the need was created I understand why the need was exercised.

Guest 03-10-2015 01:41 PM

Quote:

Posted by Guest (Post 1026443)
The GOP letter sent to Iran could not have undermined Obama"plan because the plan was undermined by Obama himself. Essentially Obama was holding Iran to its demand. But that is not the issue

Obama's tactics over these six years have shown that he can't be trusted, that he is a horrible negotiator and that he has refused from day one to work within the US Constitutions of separate but equal powers. the presidents job is to execute faithfully the policies created by the legislative branch with disputes between resolved by the judicial.

Obama has ignored Congress from day one and has gotten very use to governing by fiat and in doing so this country is in a serious mess.

I am saddened that 47 GOP senators felt the need to write a letter to the Iranians but keep in mind that the Iran deal so badly thought out that despite desperate attempts to hear them out Obama proceeded in his usual arrogant way. so while I am sorrowful that the need was created I understand why the need was exercised.

For the 99th time, there is no Iran deal. There are negotiations going on. When or if a deal is reached, all can pile on and criticize it. Until then, what are the GOP alternatives?

Guest 03-10-2015 01:50 PM

The US is not negotiating alone on Iran. The US is but one of 5 other nations in the negotiations.

I believe Russia is a bit closer, geographically to Iran, than the US. My thought is they would want a good deal out of this too.

Guest 03-10-2015 01:53 PM

Quote:

Posted by Guest (Post 1026449)
For the 99th time, there is no Iran deal. There are negotiations going on. When or if a deal is reached, all can pile on and criticize it. Until then, what are the GOP alternatives?

For the 99th time people do NOT trust Obama ... for good and plentiful reasons.

If Iran is allowed to get a nuke, through Obama's incompetence, our kids get to experience nuclear jihad. What part of that do you not understand anyway??

Guest 03-10-2015 01:54 PM

Quote:

Posted by Guest (Post 1026449)

Here's an earth-shattering suggestion: why not demonstrate some obvious presidential leadership and include republicans on your Iran negotiating team.

DUH!... comes to mind! :oops:

Guest 03-10-2015 02:08 PM

The

Quote:

Posted by Guest (Post 1026460)
Here's an earth-shattering suggestion: why not demonstrate some obvious presidential leadership and include republicans on your Iran negotiating team.

DUH!... comes to mind! :oops:

Reason Republicans aren't included is there is no nation to invade. Without that the greedy racists have nothing! Thought I'd include that for the geritol set and their tea party trash!