Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   NASA launch (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/nasa-launch-147086/)

LI SNOWBIRD 03-13-2015 09:12 AM

NASA launch

Did anyone else watch the launch last night? It went off on time and was spectacular. I've only seen 1 other night launch and was awed by both. another reason The Villages is wonderful... not many places on earth where you can see one from your front yard.

golf2140 03-13-2015 10:03 AM

I watched it for several minutes. Great show.

champion6 03-13-2015 10:57 AM

I watched it, too. This was the first night launch that I could see well. I seem to prefer daylight launches because the large contrail is visible in the light.

ladylake1 03-14-2015 07:46 AM

I have tried to catch every one I could for the last 15 years I have been here. The suttle launches were more spectacular and was sorry to see the program end. But it still a wonder to watch the rockets go off as was said in my own back yard.

Taltarzac725 03-14-2015 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LI SNOWBIRD (Post 1027881)
Did anyone else watch the launch last night? It went off on time and was spectacular. I've only seen 1 other night launch and was awed by both. another reason The Villages is wonderful... not many places on earth where you can see one from your front yard.

Yes. I had my dog in my arms too but he was just very confused about why his three people were standing out in the street.

dbussone 03-14-2015 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 (Post 1028295)
Yes. I had my dog in my arms too but he was just very confused about why his three people were standing out in the street.

I saw the last launch, but am really disappointed I forgot about this one.

Gulfhills 03-14-2015 11:31 AM

Daggum it....I missed it!!

Polar Bear 03-14-2015 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gulfhills (Post 1028450)
Daggum it....I missed it!!

So did I! :cry:

Could I make a suggestion/request...

How about when there is a launch coming up, could somebody post it here? We could then subscribe to this thread (or a new one..."Launch Notifications", or something like that) and be notified when it is coming up.

Topspinmo 03-14-2015 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Polar Bear (Post 1028558)
So did I! :cry:

Could I make a suggestion/request...

How about when there is a launch coming up, could somebody post it here? We could then subscribe to this thread (or a new one..."Launch Notifications", or something like that) and be notified when it is coming up.

I was going to post the time but forgot. Try to post the launch schedule

Launch Schedule | Spaceflight Now

Live launch, but maybe time delay of about 10 to 20 seconds depending on what server you have on your phone or Ipad?

News 13 - Orlando News, Central Florida Weather & Traffic

Seen the launch up at Chatham Rec parking lot, Rockets goes up over the right hand side of the tennis courts. Chatham on high ground up North.

njbchbum 03-15-2015 07:23 PM

Space Coast Launches | Experience live rocket launches from America's home spaceport!

March 21, 2015 • Falcon 9 • TurkmenAlem52E/MonacoSat
Launch Time: 4:04-5:04pm EDT
Launch Site: SLC-40, Cape Canaveral Air Force Station, Florida
SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket to launch TurkmenAlem52E/MonacoSat 1, Turkmenistan’s first national satellite. The satellite will support communications over Central Asia.

March 25, 2015 • Delta 4 • GPS 2F-9
Launch Time: 2:36-2:54 p.m. EDT
Launch Site: SLC 37B, Cape Canaveral Air Force Station, Florida
United Launch Alliance will launch a Delta 4 rocket for the U.S. Air Force’s ninth Block 2-F navigation satellite system.

April 10, 2015 • Falcon 9 • SpaceX CRS 6
Launch Time: 5:42pm EDT
Launch Site: SLC-40, Cape Canaveral Air Force Station, Florida
Sixth operational cargo delivery mission to the International Space Station for SpaceX under the Commercial Resupply Services contract with NASA.

Mark your calendars! ;)