Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   All About pets (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/all-about-pets-120/)
-   -   Cat sitter wanted (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/all-about-pets-120/cat-sitter-wanted-147436/)

bobandcarol 03-15-2015 07:53 PM

Cat sitter wanted

Looking for a reliable, trustworthy cat sitter...

irisheyes5511@hotmail.com

mwpoet 04-09-2015 11:32 AM

wanted pet sitter in home--exchange or free rental

I'm going away for the month of July and wish to find someone to either housesit my two cats (they are no problem) or exchange with someone else. Any other alternatives offfered other than high daily rate welcome.
Mary or mwaquarian@yahoo.com

mwpoet 04-09-2015 11:33 AM

Hi,
Let me know if you are up for an exchange of services. I'm North of savannah Center.
Mary

Moderator 04-09-2015 12:55 PM

Inviting someone into your home for these types of services is HIGHLY inadvisable! Unless you know this person well or have a very trusted person as a recommendation, you should never turn your home and your loved pet to a stranger.

villagetinker 04-09-2015 01:24 PM

There is a pet "spa" on Rolling acres road, do not recall the name, large facility on the left, going North from Lake Ella road, this might be an option.

logdog 04-09-2015 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by villagetinker (Post 1042718)
There is a pet "spa" on Rolling acres road, do not recall the name, large facility on the left, going North from Lake Ella road, this might be an option.

It's called Village Pet Spa. They board cats and dogs (separately of course) and provide grooming services. We checked them out a few days ago and customers seemed happy with their services. We plan to use them for our cat. They can be reached at 352-751-5711.

There is also Kitty Camp Resort which is cat boarding only. They are located in Wildwood north of 466A near the TV property lines. Their number is 352-205-4284. It's a private house and they do tours by appointment only.

jblum315 04-09-2015 08:23 PM

Highly recommend Dee Parson, 352 630 3190

Bonanza 04-10-2015 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moderator (Post 1042708)
Inviting someone into your home for these types of services is HIGHLY inadvisable! Unless you know this person well or have a very trusted person as a recommendation, you should never turn your home and your loved pet to a stranger.

The Moderator is right! It is dangerous to post things like this on any forum, and to take the word of strangers, is even worse.

You should only ask people you know and trust for their recommendations. This isn't exactly like asking for someone who is reliable to do your lawn care.

mixsonci 04-10-2015 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by logdog (Post 1042790)
It's called Village Pet Spa. They board cats and dogs (separately of course) and provide grooming services. We checked them out a few days ago and customers seemed happy with their services. We plan to use them for our cat. They can be reached at 352-751-5711.

There is also Kitty Camp Resort which is cat boarding only. They are located in Wildwood north of 466A near the TV property lines. Their number is 352-205-4284. It's a private house and they do tours by appointment only.

Logdog, when do you think you will be using their services? I will need to board my cat for the month of October and would love to hear your experiences with this facility? If you use them before October would you please let me know of your experience with them?

logdog 04-10-2015 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mixsonci (Post 1043099)
Logdog, when do you think you will be using their services? I will need to board my cat for the month of October and would love to hear your experiences with this facility? If you use them before October would you please let me know of your experience with them?

It will be soon and I will let you know. We did talk to a dog owner picking up his pet there and he and the dog looked very happy. He said that he had used this facility several times for boarding.

logdog 05-01-2015 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mixsonci (Post 1043099)

We used Village Pet Spa to board our 1 year old cat for 3 days this week. She seemed to be well cared for and they gave her a report card (nice touch) indicating that she did well. Ladies looking after the pets seemed to really care about their charges. We would definately use them again.

HimandMe 05-02-2015 06:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moderator (Post 1042708)

Beg to differ but we use trustedhousitters.com one of your advertisers recently, and have done so for years. They have police checks, references and many are retired looking for a working holiday. No one pays. We always come home to a clean house with everything intact and don't have to worry about leaving the pets or house unattended. We get twice weekly reports. One such couple is currently looking to move here to retire.

Beachdad 05-22-2015 02:41 PM

We tried many different options, but our cat Charlotte never responded well until we found Kitty Camp Cat Resort. We used to only be able to feel comfortable leaving Charlotte for 4-5 days, but thanks to Kitty Camp, last year we were able to take a 48 day dream vacation without worrying about our Charlotte. Petsitters? NEVER again! If your cat is part of your family, like Charlotte is part of ours, you'll love Kitty Camp. 352-205-4284