Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, Non Villages Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/)
-   -   Medal of Honor recepient engaged. (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/medal-honor-recepient-engaged-147438/)

Sandtrap328 03-15-2015 08:51 PM

Medal of Honor recepient engaged.

I just saw that Medal of Honor recepient Dakota Meyer is engaged to Bristol Palin. He is 26 and Bristol is 24.

Meyer certainly is a hero for his actions that day in Afghanistan.

According to the Internet, he is a high school graduate. Bristol, I believe, is also a high school grad and is a single mother.

Wonder what work or profession they will do.

Anyhow, best wishes to both of them.

MikeV 03-16-2015 06:37 AM

Nice looking couple.

graciegirl 03-16-2015 07:42 AM

Knowing you as I do, I have to wonder why you posted this.

Perhaps you are planning an engagement party?:D

missypie 03-16-2015 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by graciegirl (Post 1029315)

If we go Gracie, I'll drive.....
:D

Walt. 03-16-2015 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandtrap328 (Post 1029207)
I just saw that Medal of Honor recepient Dakota Meyer is engaged to Bristol Palin. He is 26 and Bristol is 24.

Meyer certainly is a hero for his actions that day in Afghanistan.

According to the Internet, he is a high school graduate. Bristol, I believe, is also a high school grad and is a single mother.

Wonder what work or profession they will do.

Anyhow, best wishes to both of them.

Maybe she can get one of those $600,000 jobs over at NBC.

Sandtrap328 03-16-2015 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by graciegirl (Post 1029315)

During my tenure at the VA, I got to know a few Medal of Honor recepients and I totally respect all of them.

I thought it was just an interesting piece of news that others may not have seen.

I really do wish the best for both of them. Nothing snarky, no double entendre, just glad two young people got together and can plan a good life together.

Taltarzac725 03-16-2015 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandtrap328 (Post 1029430)
During my tenure at the VA, I got to know a few Medal of Honor recepients and I totally respect all of them.

I thought it was just an interesting piece of news that others may not have seen.

I really do wish the best for both of them. Nothing snarky, no double entendre, just glad two young people got together and can plan a good life together.

Wish them the best.