Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   R.I.P. Ben. (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/r-i-p-ben-147522/)

Taltarzac725 03-16-2015 12:23 PM

R.I.P. Ben.

Sympathies to the family, friends, and neighbors of Gypsy's Ben. Gone too soon at 91 or so.

onslowe 03-16-2015 12:58 PM

Very sad, Tal, and thank you for posting the news. I had many wonderful afternoon conversations with him at Doggie Doo Run Run. Kept an active schedule with his beloved Gypsie whom he said walked into his yard and 'adopted' Ben.

petco882 03-16-2015 01:22 PM

You will be missed Ben.Such a kind man and he loved his Gypsy

Taltarzac725 03-16-2015 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by onslowe (Post 1029474)
Very sad, Tal, and thank you for posting the news. I had many wonderful afternoon conversations with him at Doggie Doo Run Run. Kept an active schedule with his beloved Gypsie whom he said walked into his yard and 'adopted' Ben.

Yes, it is sad. I hope his son finds Gypsy a good home.

JSR22 03-16-2015 04:24 PM

Gypsy has a home

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 (Post 1029542)
Yes, it is sad. I hope his son finds Gypsy a good home.

Gypsy will be adopted by a close friend of Ben who lives around the corner from my house.

Taltarzac725 03-16-2015 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JSR22 (Post 1029597)
Gypsy will be adopted by a close friend of Ben who lives around the corner from my house.

That's good news.

onslowe 03-16-2015 05:47 PM

Quote:

Thanks very much for the post with good news. I was kinda wondering.

suediff 03-16-2015 06:29 PM

I just met him this year at Doggie Do Run Run. Such a nice man, glad Gypsy has a good home and hope she continues to come to DDRR.

Taltarzac725 03-16-2015 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suediff (Post 1029681)
I just met him this year at Doggie Do Run Run. Such a nice man, glad Gypsy has a good home and hope she continues to come to DDRR.

That's also a hope of mine. She does not do well with the larger pooches so maybe the new owner will talk to the DDRR staff to find out Gypsy's history at that park.

Taltarzac725 03-20-2015 07:37 AM

Ben's Remembrance page.

Ben Kramer Obituary - Visitation & Funeral Information

He sure will be missed at Doggie Doo Run Run.

Taltarzac725 03-20-2015 10:06 AM

Ben Kramer's Obituary

Looks like there is a service next Friday near 441/27.

Taltarzac725 03-22-2015 07:34 AM

The Villages Daily Sun's obituary for Ben Kramer is in Sunday 3/22/2015's Local section. It is basically the same one as in other places.

Taltarzac725 03-29-2015 09:58 AM

Ben Kramer's service?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 (Post 1031615)

Looks like there is a service next Friday near 441/27.

I drove by on the way back from giving blood at Chick-Fil-A (where it seems my baggage has been catching up to me in many ways) but saw very few cars at about 3:03 PM 3-27-2015 so I just drove home. I only knew Ben from Doggie Doo Run Run and Lynnhaven's postal center. So, I doubted if his family would have heard anything about me.

I hope this was a good service for people who knew Ben. He was a very kind-hearted man in my experiences with him and he will often be in my memories when I am at the places he would be.

Please share if you have any anecdotes about Ben from the funeral service? He sure loved the dog he found here in the Villages in his backyard which looks like she could be ferocious but is quite sweet.

I often do not do very well at funerals being a little bit too sentimental at times. I was probably one of the sharpest dressed blood donors as I usually just go there in jeans and a t-shirt.

MSNPA 03-29-2015 03:27 PM

Thank you for posting. We only visit Doggie Doo Run once a week, however every time we are there so was Ben and Gypsy. Such a nice man. I know Gypsy will miss him.

Taltarzac725 03-29-2015 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MSNPA (Post 1036813)
Thank you for posting. We only visit Doggie Doo Run once a week, however every time we are there so was Ben and Gypsy. Such a nice man. I know Gypsy will miss him.

Yes Gypsy will. I see that Jewish funerals are different from the ones I have been to so perhaps I did the right thing by not going as I had not researched the etiquette and the like. A friend said no flowers at Jewish funerals from friends showing sympathy.

Barefoot 03-30-2015 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 (Post 1031506)
He sure will be missed at Doggie Doo Run Run.

He was a very nice man and I enjoyed knowing him. He will be missed.
I'm pleased to hear that Gypsy has been rehomed. Ben is looking down and smiling.

Taltarzac725 03-30-2015 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barefoot (Post 1037031)
He was a very nice man and I enjoyed knowing him. He will be missed.
I'm pleased to hear that Gypsy has been rehomed. Ben is looking down and smiling.

Gypsy is up again for adoption. Drop me a private message if you are interested in adopting her.

It sounds like the funeral service was quite a celebration of the life of Ben Kramer and that many Doggie Doo Run Run people were there. I did hear from someone who was at Ben's service that Gypsy is still looking for a good home and hopefully someone who can get her to her normal routine of Doggie Doo Run Run and the Villages.

Taltarzac725 04-01-2015 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 (Post 1037215)
Gypsy is up again for adoption. Drop me a private message if you are interested in adopting her.

It sounds like the funeral service was quite a celebration of the life of Ben Kramer and that many Doggie Doo Run Run people were there. I did hear from someone who was at Ben's service that Gypsy is still looking for a good home and hopefully someone who can get her to her normal routine of Doggie Doo Run Run and the Villages.

A little bump for Gypsy.

Barefoot 04-01-2015 07:09 PM

Quote:

Oh no, I am sad to hear that Gypsy is now looking for a new home.
If I were full time in TV, I'd take her - she is a lovely quiet dog.

Taltarzac725 04-02-2015 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barefoot (Post 1038712)
Oh no, I am sad to hear that Gypsy is now looking for a new home.
If I were full time in TV, I'd take her - she is a lovely quiet dog.

Yes. She is. I'll try to keep abreast of the news on Gypsy. A sweet pit bull mix which was/is too submissive to mix with the bigger dogs. She would always be near Ben Kramer in the small dog section at Doggie Doo Run Run often playing with the smaller pooches. She and Sport played once in a while. Beau has a little too much attitude for Gypsy.

Barefoot 04-02-2015 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 (Post 1038931)
Yes. She is. I'll try to keep abreast of the news on Gypsy. A sweet pit bull mix which was/is too submissive to mix with the bigger dogs. It would always be near Ben Kramer in the small dog section at Doggie Doo Run Run often playing with the smaller pooches. She and Sport played once in a while. Beau was a little too much attitude for Gypsy.

I used to worry about Gypsy because I knew Ben was over 90. I wondered if she would have a safe home when he passed.
Gypsy is a very sweet, submissive dog. I hope someone adopts her.

Taltarzac725 04-02-2015 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barefoot (Post 1039024)
I used to worry about Gypsy because I knew Ben was over 90. I wondered if she would have a safe home when he passed.
Gypsy is a very sweet, submissive dog. I hope someone adopts her.

No news yet but I will keep my eyes and ears open to what happens with Gypsy.

Barefoot 04-03-2015 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 (Post 1039081)
No news yet but I will keep my eyes and ears open to what happens with Gypsy.

I'm worried about what will happen to Gypsy. Such a nice, quiet dog.
Please let us know anything you hear.

Taltarzac725 04-04-2015 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barefoot (Post 1039737)
I'm worried about what will happen to Gypsy. Such a nice, quiet dog.
Please let us know anything you hear.

She may be going north but I will keep my eyes and ears open about this. There's a certain sometimes girlfriend of Ben who has a daughter with a large farm who might be interested in Gypsy. They already have a pack up there.

I think many DDRR regulars know which former girlfriend. This is just gossip right now., i.e third party information, or maybe even fourth or higher.

onslowe 04-04-2015 02:07 PM

I hope so for Gypsy's sake. I'll be 'twisting' and 'twirling' with happiness if it comes to pass! :)

Barefoot 04-04-2015 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 (Post 1040200)
She may be going north but I will keep my eyes and ears open about this. There's a certain sometimes girlfriend of Ben who has a daughter with a large farm who might be interested in Gypsy. They already have a pack up there. I think many DDRR regulars know which former girlfriend. This is just gossip right now., i.e third party information, or maybe even fourth or higher.

I assume you have heard that T's daughter may take Gypsy? That would be so great.
Please keep your ear to the ground and let us know what you hear.

I've been spending my time in Big Dogs so I don't hear the chatter in Little Dogs anymore.
We've been babysitting two dogs for a DDRR member who is in hospital.
We've been hearing his news from other friends who walk in Big Dogs.
We looked after the dogs for three days and they are now being boarded at DDRR.
It's a great community of friends who share a common bond - a love of dogs.

Taltarzac725 04-05-2015 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barefoot (Post 1040392)
I assume you have heard that T's daughter may take Gypsy? That would be so great.
Please keep your ear to the ground and let us know what you hear.

I've been spending my time in Big Dogs so I don't hear the chatter in Little Dogs anymore.
We've been babysitting two dogs for a DDRR member who is in hospital.
We've been hearing his news from other friends who walk in Big Dogs.
We looked after the dogs for three days and they are now being boarded at DDRR.
It's a great community of friends who share a common bond - a love of dogs.

I see Biggins in the small dog section once in a while. Beau likes to go all over but there are a few bigger dogs which are a bit too rough on him so I stay in the small dog section whenever I see them over there or notice their owners' cars in the parking lot.

Funny that Gypsy as far as I know did not visit with the big dogs. T's dogs go all over the park like Beau. Big hearts in small bodies.

Barefoot 04-05-2015 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 (Post 1040588)
Funny that Gypsy as far as I know did not visit with the big dogs.

I only saw Ben and Gypsy in Small Dogs. I think Ben avoided Big Dogs.
Some of the large dogs are clumsy so it can be a bit much for elderly, fragile folks. Although T and G do just fine.
Ben used to sit on the same chair in Small Dogs most days. If I sat with him, we would talk. I miss him.
Gypsy was always quiet and never bothered the smaller dogs.
She seemed like a very good dog. I hope she finds a forever home soon.

Taltarzac725 04-07-2015 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barefoot (Post 1040681)

I only saw Ben and Gypsy in Small Dogs. I think Ben avoided Big Dogs.
Some of the large dogs are clumsy so it can be a bit much for elderly, fragile folks. Although T and G do just fine.
Ben used to sit on the same chair in Small Dogs most days. If I sat with him, we would talk. I miss him.
Gypsy was always quiet and never bothered the smaller dogs.
She seemed like a very good dog. I hope she finds a forever home soon.

True, T and G do very well back there.

Any word about the man with the two cockers? G? Beau never gets along with Sam as Sam wants to lick him and Beau does not appreciate the loving.

I missed DDRR yesterday due to errands required of me so I did not have a chance to gather any new information on Gypsy.

Barefoot 04-07-2015 10:07 AM

Please give us an update on Gypsy when you can. :pray:
The cocker's dad is still in hospital, but getting stronger every day. Yay.
The two cockers are being boarded at DDRR. They've stayed there before, so it's familiar to them.

PJUCTH 04-07-2015 10:14 AM

Bump for gypsy

Taltarzac725 04-07-2015 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barefoot (Post 1041649)
Please give us an update on Gypsy when you can. :pray:
The cocker's dad is still in hospital, but getting stronger every day. Yay.
The two cockers are being boarded at DDRR. They've stayed there before, so it's familiar to them.

Good to hear that G is doing OK.

T has not asked her daughter yet about taking Gyspy up north according to T via a second party. So, to quote the second party "Let's just hope" it works out that Gypsy has a home up north with N (one of T's daughters).

Barefoot 04-07-2015 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 (Post 1041694)
T has not asked her daughter yet about taking Gyspy up north according to T via a second party.

Tal, who is taking care of Gypsy right now?
It would make Ben so happy to know his Gypsy had been adopted into a good home.

Taltarzac725 04-08-2015 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barefoot (Post 1042015)
Tal, who is taking care of Gypsy right now?
It would make Ben so happy to know his Gypsy had been adopted into a good home.

Not sure. Probably Ben's family at the moment.

Taltarzac725 04-08-2015 11:27 AM

No one knows at the dog park so far. My guess is still with Gypsy's owner's Ben's family.

Barefoot 04-11-2015 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 (Post 1042214)
No one knows at the dog park so far. My guess is still with Gypsy's owner's Ben's family.

Tal, I heard today at DDRR that T's daughter is definitely taking Gypsy. I sure hope that is true.
Sadly, I also heard that Chris with the two little Italian greyhounds passed to the other side.
Although she was very ill, it's still a shock.
I am so sorry to hear the news as she was a truly lovely person. I will miss her sweet smile.

Taltarzac725 04-12-2015 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barefoot (Post 1043788)
Tal, I heard today at DDRR that T's daughter is definitely taking Gypsy. I sure hope that is true.
Sadly, I also heard that Chris with the two little Italian greyhounds passed to the other side.
Although she was very ill, it's still a shock.
I am so sorry to hear the news as she was a truly lovely person. I will miss her sweet smile.

Bad news and good news. Sorry to hear about Chris. I had not seen her in a while. Hopefully, Gypsy has a home.

Taltarzac725 04-18-2015 07:44 AM

I talked to T late last afternoon and hopefully she will have some good information about Gypsy soon.

Also saw two cockers with the rightful owner coming into DDRR yesterday.

Taltarzac725 04-25-2015 04:29 PM

No one seems to know where Gypsy is but I will keep her in my prayers for her being in a good home.