Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Villages monthly fees only (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/villages-monthly-fees-only-147750/)

Tuly914 03-18-2015 08:57 AM

Villages monthly fees only

Hi, I'm new here, so please forgive me if I'm posting in the wrong section. I'm thinking of moving to the Villages. I've been hearing about the Villages monthly fees. Can someone explain to me what are those fees. I heard there are CDD fees, amenities fees and I'm not sure what the others were. Also aside of those fees, are there fees separately for courtyard villas or any other villas. I'm interested in the Sumter landing area. I just need to know what the Villages charges per month. I know you can't be to specific due to house/lot size, but any information is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

villagetinker 03-18-2015 09:14 AM

Go to The Villages - Florida's Friendliest Retirement Hometown - New Home Sales, Home Resales, Build Your Dream Home, Brownwood Paddock Square there are some contact phone numbers that will connect you with a local sales rep. They will be able to answer all of your questions in detail. The new Fruitland Park area infrastructure will be financed differently for how the other areas were financed. By contact the villages directly, you should get straight answers.
Hope this helps.

Dr Winston O Boogie jr 03-18-2015 09:40 AM

As far as I know, there is one fee. It's called an amenities fee. It's about $145 per month. From what I understand it varies a small amount depending on where you live.

There is also a bond on new homes. These can either be paid in full when buying a new home or included in your mortgage payment. If you buy a pre owned home and the bond hasn't been paid in full, you are responsible for the balance of the bond.

I don't know of any other fees. perhaps people that live in villas can chime as to whether or not the pay additional fees.

I've never heard of CDD fees. It might be included in your property taxes.

MikeV 03-18-2015 09:50 AM

http://www.thevillages.com/images/CostofLiving.pdf

Try the above PDFs.

coach 03-18-2015 10:41 AM

Amenity fee is $145 per month. In addition, an yearly maintenance assessment is included on the tax bill. This varies by district but mine is about $ 588 per year. No seperate fees for villas.

villagetinker 03-18-2015 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeV (Post 1030460)

Mike,

That was the form I remember seeing but could not find when I pasted the link, thanks for supplying the info to OP.

Allegiance 03-18-2015 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coach (Post 1030502)
Amenity fee is $145 per month. In addition, an yearly maintenance assessment is included on the tax bill. This varies by district but mine is about $ 588 per year. No seperate fees for villas.

I have never heard of this fee. Can anyone elaborate? Thanks

JoMar 03-18-2015 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr (Post 1030456)
As far as I know, there is one fee. It's called an amenities fee. It's about $145 per month. From what I understand it varies a small amount depending on where you live.

There is also a bond on new homes. These can either be paid in full when buying a new home or included in your mortgage payment. If you buy a pre owned home and the bond hasn't been paid in full, you are responsible for the balance of the bond.

I don't know of any other fees. perhaps people that live in villas can chime as to whether or not the pay additional fees.

I've never heard of CDD fees. It might be included in your property taxes.

There is an annual Maintenance Fee also.

gpirate 03-18-2015 01:38 PM

Here is a website that shows CDD fees and bond amounts. There is also a fire protection fee usually around $85 per year I have been told.

http://root.z57.com/filemanager/uplo...82c3b72577.pdf

FlamingoFlo 03-18-2015 02:57 PM

I have never gotten a yearly maintenance fee or a fire protection fee. Been here over 4 years.

champion6 03-18-2015 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlamingoFlo (Post 1030664)
I have never gotten a yearly maintenance fee or a fire protection fee. Been here over 4 years.

Look at the bottom part of your last property tax bill. There they are!

capecoralbill 03-18-2015 03:25 PM

My amentity fee is 147.58, since October 2014 back then it was 145.00 per month. No explaination on why it went up 2.58 per month, guess they're trying to confuse me. My other newer property here is 145.00 per month.....so far. I went to a CDD seminar and they were unable to explain why...just a 'gift' to new residents I guess. Bend over!

graciegirl 03-18-2015 03:30 PM

[QUOTE=capecoralbill;1030681]My amentity fee is 147.58, since October 2014 back then it was 145.00 per month. No explaination on why it went up 2.58 per month, guess they're trying to confuse me. My other newer property here is 145.00 per month.....so far. I went to a CDD seminar and they were unable to explain why...just a 'gift' to new residents I guess. Bend over![/QUOTE]

Bet you didn't mean that. I bet you love it here just like most of us do and feel that the fees are very reasonable.

capecoralbill 03-18-2015 03:30 PM

Further more, there are two CDD annual fees on your tax bill, unless the bond is paid off, then there is still one CDD annual maintenance fee, and even though they are on your tax bill they are not income tax deductible. This is a strange place with many conflicting rules, fees and lots of other confusing things , such as you cannot ride your bicycle on most of the paths they are golf cart only, but there are NO SIGNS that say so!

TrudyM 03-18-2015 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlamingoFlo (Post 1030664)

It is included in your property tax bill if you look at the break out it is there at least for sumter county, If you live in Lady Lake your property related fees are different as I understand it because it is an incorporated town and more is included in the property taxes..