Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   How Crowded? (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/how-crowded-147988/)

GoHawks! 03-19-2015 10:17 PM

How Crowded?

If in the heart of Snowbird Season The Villages population is approximately 110,000 people, I was wondering what percentage of that most populated season is here during the following times:
1) November/December
2) September/October
3) Summer

2BNTV 03-20-2015 04:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoHawks! (Post 1031417)
If in the heart of Snowbird Season The Villages population is approximately 110,000 people, I was wondering what percentage of that most populated season is here during the following times:
1) November/December
2) September/October
3) Summer

Just taking a guess:
1. About 75,000.
2. about 75,000.
3, About 70,000, (some people don't want to stay in the hotter summer months).

rubicon 03-20-2015 05:32 AM

Overcrowded most of the year with the exception of July and August and even that beginning to rise

graciegirl 03-20-2015 06:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rubicon (Post 1031461)
Overcrowded most of the year with the exception of July and August and even that beginning to rise

I respectfully disagree. You will see the traffic drop off a lot first of April.

Remember that during the high season, year rounders have a lot of company too.

We will get the ordinary crowd at Publix on 466 then too.

I think you have been here longer than us, Rubicon. We have been Villagers for eight years, now Frogs for three.

greg&sueby 03-20-2015 07:41 AM

I have lived here for 3 years now. The overcrowding question is the same everywhere in florida where people want to be in the winter. I have spent time in Ft. Lauderdale, tampa, the keys, panhandle, and ft. Myers area. All are very crowded in the winter. The situation here is actully better than south florida. I have also noticed that after april, till about October I have no trouble going anywhere to dine out, swim or go off campus to shop.All in all this place is the best all times of the year, for my wife and i anyway.

George Bieniaszek 03-20-2015 07:44 AM

I agree. The Villages is at capacity between January and March. April you see a change and traffic is slightly less. Definitely you will see a dramatic change in traffic and crowds after May.

dbussone 03-20-2015 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greg&sueby (Post 1031508)
I have lived here for 3 years now. The overcrowding question is the same everywhere in florida where people want to be in the winter. I have spent time in Ft. Lauderdale, tampa, the keys, panhandle, and ft. Myers area. All are very crowded in the winter. The situation here is actully better than south florida. I have also noticed that after april, till about October I have no trouble going anywhere to dine out, swim or go off campus to shop.All in all this place is the best all times of the year, for my wife and i anyway.

I have to agree with you. Even in season we are lucky to be here in TV. And after April 1 it is just a dream here.

George Bieniaszek 03-20-2015 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dbussone (Post 1031514)
I have to agree with you. Even in season we are lucky to be here in TV. And after April 1 it is just a dream here.

SHHHH!!! DBUSSONE. Don't let out that information, they will just stay longer!! :) Just kidding!!!

dbussone 03-20-2015 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by George Bieniaszek (Post 1031518)
[/B]

SHHHH!!! DBUSSONE. Don't let out that information, they will just stay longer!! :) Just kidding!!!

Ok. I didn't say it. My evil twin must have.

Greg Nelson 03-20-2015 08:38 AM

Overcrowding is prevalent here in Florida especially close to the coast. From Tampa south there are developments that extend as far 20 miles inland. One thing we like here is the distance between homes. The closest allowed is 20'. Also this is the only golf development we've seen with a 24 hour guard. Very quiet here. But lots to do! Today we are taking the historic boat ride around Sarasota Bay..

CFrance 03-20-2015 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dbussone (Post 1031514)

Quote:

Originally Posted by George Bieniaszek (Post 1031518)
[/B]

Yeah, DB, button up!

dbussone 03-20-2015 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CFrance (Post 1031559)
Yeah, DB, button up!

Holy smokes. I'm sorry already! ::jester::

Dynsol 03-20-2015 08:45 AM

According to the Villages they plan to peak at 110K. not there yet. Last article indicated it is now at about 80K with snowbirds

dbussone 03-20-2015 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dynsol (Post 1031563)
According to the Villages they plan to peak at 110K. not there yet. Last article indicated it is now at about 80K with snowbirds

I believe that number was promulgated prior to the Fruitland Park expansion, and the recently announced northern expansion.

Polar Bear 03-20-2015 09:37 AM

How Crowded?

Quote:

Originally Posted by rubicon (Post 1031461)

Crowded - late fall, winter, early spring.

Less than crowded - the remainder.

Overcrowded - ehh, only if that's your mindset.