Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Medical and Health Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/medical-health-discussion-94/)
-   -   Need a good Rheumatologist (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/medical-health-discussion-94/need-good-rheumatologist-148022/)

Edjkoz 03-20-2015 08:17 AM

Need a good Rheumatologist

Does anyone know a good Rheumotologist in or near the Villages?

babs1199 03-20-2015 08:27 AM

I see Stephanie Ingrahm, she is very good ! New to the Villages

raynan 03-20-2015 10:17 AM

I also switched to Dr. Stephanie Ingram from Dr. Gonsalves. His practice is overbooked.

Edjkoz 03-20-2015 02:34 PM

Thanks

rosygail 03-20-2015 03:08 PM

I see Dr Sobel at UF Shands Gailesville

Shimpy 03-20-2015 07:05 PM

I think highly of Dr.Geliga, 352 787 7611 who my wife sees. Even though his speciality is Rheumotology he diagnosed my wife with low blood sugar which is outside his expertise and which our primary doctor, who is an internist should have caught. He is the most helpful doctor among many that we have.

gerryann 03-20-2015 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shimpy (Post 1031935)
I think highly of Dr.Geliga, 352 787 7611 who my wife sees. Even though his speciality is Rheumotology he diagnosed my wife with low blood sugar which is outside his expertise and which our primary doctor, who is an internist should have caught. He is the most helpful doctor among many that we have.

I believe dr Geliga is a Neurologist, not a Rheumatologist

Shimpy 03-20-2015 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gerryann (Post 1031943)
I believe dr Geliga is a Neurologist, not a Rheumatologist

You're right, I get confused with all my wife's doctors. She does have a rheumatologist but I don't think I would highly recommend him.

lovsthosebigdogs 03-20-2015 09:33 PM

Funny this post should be new today. Because of my weird northern insurance I just went to Dr. Sladek for the first time today in Orlando. My advice if his name EVER comes up in a search of yours is to stay as far away from him as you possibly can. I will never go back. He had so little interest in me I finally asked him if I should find another doctor and he said, "Aren't there any doctors you could see in The Villages?" He didn't even have any equipment, as far as I could tell, that looked like what my northern doctor had and he didn't know what I was talking about when I told him the injections I had gotten up north. He advised me to just get a knee replacement and be done with it. An absolute jerk! Sorry I wasted my time and money. It's just him and his nurse/receptionist/bookkeeper- yup, same person! Guess his practice isn't big enough to have a real staff!
I'm on the hunt for a REAL rheumatologist also.

gerryann 03-20-2015 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lovsthosebigdogs (Post 1032011)
Funny this post should be new today. Because of my weird northern insurance I just went to Dr. Sladek for the first time today in Orlando. My advice if his name EVER comes up in a search of yours is to stay as far away from him as you possibly can. I will never go back. He had so little interest in me I finally asked him if I should find another doctor and he said, "Aren't there any doctors you could see in The Villages?" He didn't even have any equipment, as far as I could tell, that looked like what my northern doctor had and he didn't know what I was talking about when I told him the injections I had gotten up north. He advised me to just get a knee replacement and be done with it. An absolute jerk! Sorry I wasted my time and money. It's just him and his nurse/receptionist/bookkeeper- yup, same person! Guess his practice isn't big enough to have a real staff!
I'm on the hunt for a REAL rheumatologist also.

Wow, that is awful. And, you went all that way! I've been to Dr's like that and it is so disheartening when that happens.
Give Dr Ingram a try. I really liked her a lot....saw her for maybe 6 visits. I was unable to continue because she was not familiar with my problem. But, I'd go back to her for any other reumotology problem. Good luck to you!

PugLover 03-21-2015 06:19 AM

Do you know if any of the Rheumatogists mentioned treat patients with Lupus?