Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Just For Fun (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/just-fun-109/)
-   -   Worst ad on TV (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/just-fun-109/worst-ad-tv-148029/)

LI SNOWBIRD 03-20-2015 08:54 AM

Worst ad on TV

Every time I see the ad for DeLand Kia I cringe. Blaring music flashing lights an annoying avatar all "Gangnam Style" UGH Much worse than the merely annoying attorney ads.

dbussone 03-20-2015 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LI SNOWBIRD (Post 1031575)
Every time I see the ad for DeLand Kia I cringe. Blaring music flashing lights an annoying avatar all "Gangnam Style" UGH Much worse than the merely annoying attorney ads.

I agree with you completely!

villagetinker 03-20-2015 11:28 AM

Yes, I agree also, but the one with the people gagging over the coffee table is right up there also.

DonH57 03-20-2015 11:31 AM

Quote:

For sure. Reminds me I don't want to set foot on the place.:(

redwitch 03-20-2015 12:37 PM

I really loathe the Flo ads for Progressive. The latest is the worst. No, you can't have sprinkles cause Progressive didn't have the lowest rate, ergo, you're not a winner. Yuck!

Haven't seen the folks gagging around the dinner table and I've pretty much learned to just ignore car dealership ads.

dbussone 03-20-2015 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redwitch (Post 1031719)
I really loathe the Flo ads for Progressive. The latest is the worst. No, you can't have sprinkles cause Progressive didn't have the lowest rate, ergo, you're not a winner. Yuck!

Haven't seen the folks gagging around the dinner table and I've pretty much learned to just ignore car dealership ads.

Why did you have to remind me about Flo?

Buckeyephan 03-20-2015 03:13 PM

I vote for the attorneys. Can't decide who is the worst. Is it the one who pushed the marajuana issue and said the old people who voted against it would be dead when it goes on the ballot again? It could be the one who is honored to help with slip and fall/car accident/motorcycle accident/etc. Since they take at least 40% before expenses, it's no wonder they can afford so much air time.

stroglass 03-20-2015 05:26 PM

The push it ad that is the worst They should stick to the what day is it

CFrance 03-20-2015 06:19 PM

Gee. I like Flo and the push-its. The one I can't stand is the high-pitched, irritating voice of the woman who asks if you know how much you're paying for homeowner's insurance. Or the auto ad couple who are trying to keep the dog & towel from jumping/sliding off the hood of the car while pushing their cars.

Paper1 03-20-2015 06:38 PM

Quote:

There are 3 or 4 legal services ads I hate much more, although I give you the Kia add is annoying. The victims that "recovered" thousands of dollars after calling this attorney is American marketing at it's worse.

dbussone 03-20-2015 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paper1 (Post 1031922)
There are 3 or 4 legal services ads I hate much more, although I give you the Kia add is annoying. The victims that "recovered" thousands of dollars after calling this attorney is American marketing at it's worse.

Better watch out or I might sue you for saying that. ::jester::

Shimpy 03-20-2015 07:10 PM

I hate any ad that yells at you. Why do they think yelling will make you a customer?

Shimpy 03-20-2015 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CFrance (Post 1031917)
Gee. Or the auto ad couple who are trying to keep the dog & towel from jumping/sliding off the hood of the car while pushing their cars.

Yea, what's with having to have their mutts in the ad? I know they like their dog but putting it on a car doesn't do a thing for me. If I'm looking for a car I could car less about their dog..

Jaggy 03-20-2015 08:31 PM

We hate the Rob Lowe ads.. just cringe when they come on and hunt for the remote to MUTE

CFrance 03-20-2015 09:30 PM

Gee. I love the Rob Lowe ads. My favorite is Painfully Awkward Rob Lowe, who stumbles over the word Cable and who "Can't go when there's people in the room!" It's a pretty good display of acting skill for Rob Lowe to be doing so many different people convincingly. They really get into the character of their particular Rob Lowe personna.