Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Minimum age at Neighborhood Pools (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/minimum-age-neighborhood-pools-148238/)

Hopeful2 03-21-2015 05:13 PM

Minimum age at Neighborhood Pools

Just curious -
I was wondering about the rationale for designating age 30 as the required age to use the Neighborhood Pools versus the Family Pools I can certainly understand restrictions for children ... and those up to age 21. My guess is that those who created the rule were concerned about wild, 20-some-year-olds causing noise and/or a disturbance at the neighborhood pools.

My nephew and niece (both in their upper 20's) recently came to visit us. I explained to them that they are only permitted access to the Family Pool because they are under 30 years old. They got a good chuckle out of that. (My nephew is a medical doctor and my niece is a neuro-scientist . . . hardly the wild type.)

Can anyone explain the rationale for allowing 14 years old to drive a golf cart (which I believe to be a pretty scary prospect), but setting age 30 as the required age to use the Neighborhood Pools?

Thanks! :wave:

REDCART 03-21-2015 05:29 PM

Not to disappoint you but only Stephen Hawking (or maybe Janet Tutt) knows the answer!

graciegirl 03-21-2015 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hopeful2 (Post 1032419)
Just curious -
I was wondering about the rational for designating age 30 as the required age to use the Neighborhood Pools versus the Family Pools I can certainly understand restrictions for children ... and those up to age 21. My guess is that those who created the rule were concerned about wild, 20-some-year-olds causing noise and/or a disturbance at the neighborhood pools.

My nephew and niece (both in their upper 20's) recently came to visit us. I explained to them that they are only permitted access to the Family Pool because they are under 30 years old. They got a good chuckle out of that. (My nephew is a medical doctor and my niece is a neuro-scientist . . . hardly the wild type.)

Can anyone explain the rational for allowing 14 years old to drive a golf cart (which I believe to be a pretty scary prospect), but setting age 30 as the required age to use the Neighborhood Pools?

Thanks! :wave:

Our grandchildren ages 22 and 25 were surprised but adjusted easily. Like me, they don't question rules much.

That's just what someone decided. So that is what we do.

Villageswimmer 03-21-2015 05:43 PM

Hey...this is Florida.

asianthree 03-21-2015 05:50 PM

We sometimes do to the family pool for quiet time our kids are 34, 40, and 46 like the family pool also.

DeanFL 03-21-2015 06:12 PM

2 Attachment(s)
3 words:

College Spring Break

'nuff said.

As for the Golf Cart driving age

- this guy was only 5, but in dog years X7 = 35 ... so legal I guess.

prbabyprincess 03-21-2015 06:13 PM

who to call or complain about pool x-rated activities

I live in Springdale Village and use our community pool beside the firehouse and post office.Today Saturday March 21,we went for a swim.There was a couple in their late 20th and they were in top of each other,to ching each other in their privates etc, She was a n enormous fat girl,and will jump in top of the guy and start humping him like a dog in heat.Nonevof us will there say something bec a use of their size,never know if they turn against us.Thiscwas around 3 to 4PM.We do not want this trash in our pool,so who c an we call right away to get them out.Theycare not v residents because of their age.An older man came an pick them up.That means th r y were visiting t hem.We need to have s o m e one checking ID'S to avoid these low life to be there.

graciegirl 03-21-2015 06:16 PM

That is so strange, PR baby Princess, ..... I have NEVER seen anything like that here. I have read a few posts from people that I thought might be trolls. You never know.

One is constantly surprised on this site.

Topspinmo 03-21-2015 06:16 PM

I'll guess on this one. Maybe the neighborhood resident pools are for the OLD people and don't want bunch of brats runnig around hollering and screaming :rant-rave:That's what the family pools are for. But the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence. Rules are for breaking anyway

Mleeja 03-21-2015 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeanFL (Post 1032437)
3 words:

College Spring Break

I thought it was "dirty old men"? :a20:

CFrance 03-21-2015 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by prbabyprincess (Post 1032438)
I live in Springdale Village and use our community pool beside the firehouse and post office.Today Saturday March 21,we went for a swim.There was a couple in their late 20th and they were in top of each other,to ching each other in their privates etc, She was a n enormous fat girl,and will jump in top of the guy and start humping him like a dog in heat.Nonevof us will there say something bec a use of their size,never know if they turn against us.Thiscwas around 3 to 4PM.We do not want this trash in our pool,so who c an we call right away to get them out.Theycare not v residents because of their age.An older man came an pick them up.That means th r y were visiting t hem.We need to have s o m e one checking ID'S to avoid these low life to be there.

Do I know you from somewhere?

MikeV 03-21-2015 06:36 PM

I don't know. I have seen some "older" wild cats at the pools.

Shimpy 03-21-2015 07:07 PM

30 seems a little too old. I'd suggest around 21.

CFrance 03-21-2015 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shimpy (Post 1032471)
30 seems a little too old. I'd suggest around 21.

See post 6!

kcrazorbackfan 03-21-2015 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeV (Post 1032458)
I don't know. I have seen some "older" wild cats at the pools.

Wildcats or "cougars"? :a20: