Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Contractors and Services (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/contractors-services-91/)
-   -   Happy with Brighthouse TV???? (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/contractors-services-91/happy-brighthouse-tv-148417/)

ugotme 03-23-2015 11:00 AM

Happy with Brighthouse TV????
 
I have had Direct TV for about 10 years.
While I think their service is fine, their costs have become prohibitive.

Not a huge TV watcher but do like my local programming in addition to The Golf Channel, History, Discovery and several others.

I have a "Genie" with 3 mini's and have total choice package and my bill has been $145 per month NOT INCLUDING INTERNET OR HOUSE PHONE!!!!

May I ask what you folks are paying and are you happy?

Thank you.

pmbinnj 03-23-2015 01:13 PM

We are VERY pleased with Brighthouse. I've read the problems others have especially with Comcast and we have not had a single problem with Brighthouse cable or internet. Cable has never gone out and the internet speed is faster than we expected. Don't have the bill nearby to tell you the price but so far -- this is one cable and internet provider who understands the importance of customer support. So glad we don't have to deal with Comcast any more!

joldnol 03-23-2015 02:23 PM

I am pleased with Brighthouse. Their DVR technology is primitive compared to Direct however. You can only view the dvr in two locations and you can only record two programs at a time but you can not view live tv at the same time from both sets. My bills run about 120 a month including internet but there are much less expensive packages available.

Radioman41 03-23-2015 05:08 PM

We are very pleased with Bright House. We had a few outages when we first moved in to a new neighborhood. The problems were quickly resolved. As it turned out, the outages were caused by other contractors (landscapers) damaging the cable system.

2BNTV 03-24-2015 07:47 AM

Directv has a great product especially for sports but their cost and customer service leaves a lot to be desired. They are a storehouse of misinformation. IMHO

Pay $87/month for internet and phone through CenturyLink.

I plan on switching to DISH next month and save $40/month going forward. Another feature that favors a single person is that Dish can mirror your second television instead of being charged another $6.50/month as Directv does.

Directv has the NFL package for football fans that isn't offered by DISH.

Bonnevie 03-24-2015 09:06 AM

what does that mean that Dish can mirror your second television?

JoMar 03-24-2015 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joldnol (Post 1033457)
I am pleased with Brighthouse. Their DVR technology is primitive compared to Direct however. You can only view the dvr in two locations and you can only record two programs at a time but you can not view live tv at the same time from both sets. My bills run about 120 a month including internet but there are much less expensive packages available.

Not exactly correct. We have two BH DVR's. Both can record up to 7 shows at a time or 6 and watch one live. The biggest issue we have is finding the time to watch what we record. Could have had the same thing with whole house but then my wife and I would have to watch the same shows......shudder.

TNLAKEPANDA 03-24-2015 03:20 PM

Brighthouse = Great customer service
= Average pricing
= Terrible equipment (the worst in the business).

They are in the process of getting newer equipment that will let you record many more shows at once. When we return in the Fall we will either dump them or keep them based on what equipment we can get. We are at about $140 with internet. Free phone using Ooma.

JoMar 03-24-2015 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TNLAKEPANDA (Post 1034049)
Brighthouse = Great customer service
= Average pricing
= Terrible equipment (the worst in the business).

They are in the process of getting newer equipment that will let you record many more shows at once. When we return in the Fall we will either dump them or keep them based on what equipment we can get. We are at about $140 with internet. Free phone using Ooma.

Not sure what you mean by worst equipment? 7 DVR channels is pretty good. Echo provides great WiFi coverage, 100mbps plus internet download is pretty fast don't you think?

joldnol 03-24-2015 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoMar (Post 1034008)
Not exactly correct. We have two BH DVR's. Both can record up to 7 shows at a time or 6 and watch one live. The biggest issue we have is finding the time to watch what we record. Could have had the same thing with whole house but then my wife and I would have to watch the same shows......shudder.

when did you get it? We had ours installed in October and what we got was a dvr/receiver and a satellite receiver that can access the dvr. If two shows are recording you can only watch live tv on one receiver.

TNLAKEPANDA 03-24-2015 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoMar (Post 1034142)
Not sure what you mean by worst equipment? 7 DVR channels is pretty good. Echo provides great WiFi coverage, 100mbps plus internet download is pretty fast don't you think?

the new DVR 6 channel I think only serves one TV. At least that is what they told me. So you can not watch recordings in every room where you have a TV.

yabbadu 03-24-2015 09:10 PM

In all of my years of cable services for phone , internet and TV..we find BH the Best ever.

tommy steam 03-24-2015 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ugotme (Post 1033307)
I have had Direct TV for about 10 years.
While I think their service is fine, their costs have become prohibitive.

Not a huge TV watcher but do like my local programming in addition to The Golf Channel, History, Discovery and several others.

I have a "Genie" with 3 mini's and have total choice package and my bill has been $145 per month NOT INCLUDING INTERNET OR HOUSE PHONE!!!!

May I ask what you folks are paying and are you happy?

Thank you.

I have Brighthouse. Bill is 165 a month. I have turbo Internet , telephone , family package and hbo. It's about 25 a month than I paid for Cablevision where I used to live. I think it's expensive.

JoMar 03-25-2015 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joldnol (Post 1034153)
when did you get it? We had ours installed in October and what we got was a dvr/receiver and a satellite receiver that can access the dvr. If two shows are recording you can only watch live tv on one receiver.

Ours was installed in September. We are south of 466A and have choices, CentruryLink, Brighthouse, Satellite, Comcast. Might want to take a ride over to Wildwood office and have a discussion. They do have DVR's that have 7 channels and don't use Satellite down here so don't know what you have.

JoMar 03-25-2015 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TNLAKEPANDA (Post 1034165)
the new DVR 6 channel I think only serves one TV. At least that is what they told me. So you can not watch recordings in every room where you have a TV.

As I mentioned in my previous post we have two DVR's. Whole house doesn't buy us anything since my wife and I have different viewing preferences. Maybe it is 6 and not 7 but whatever it is, it's more than enough unless I want to watch 24/7.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:13 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO v2.0.32 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.