Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Any good ideas for a 1st Birthday party?? (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/any-good-ideas-1st-birthday-party-148626/)

dotti105 03-24-2015 08:20 PM

Any good ideas for a 1st Birthday party??
 
****Party Time****
Our youngest grandson will turn one while visiting us. Our daughter wanted to have his birthday party at a park/playground.

We will have 10 kids total from the one yr to the 18 yr of age.
(lots of cousins!)

I only know of the one kid's park near Lake Sumter. I don't even know if there are picnic tables etc there.

Does anyone have any suggestions?? We are South of 466A.

Thanks all!!

redwitch 03-25-2015 07:36 AM

Lady lake has a very nice playground near the library. Lake Weir has pavilions you can rent for the day. It has a small playground and folks can go swimming. I'd forget trying for anything in TV itself.

jnieman 03-25-2015 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dotti105 (Post 1034226)
****Party Time****
Our youngest grandson will turn one while visiting us. Our daughter wanted to have his birthday party at a park/playground.

We will have 10 kids total from the one yr to the 18 yr of age.
(lots of cousins!)

I only know of the one kid's park near Lake Sumter. I don't even know if there are picnic tables etc there.

Does anyone have any suggestions?? We are South of 466A.

Thanks all!!

What about a bowling party? Everyone would enjoy that. You could have pizza and then cake and ice cream at home later on.

redwitch 03-25-2015 10:40 AM

Think a one year old would be pretty scared in a bowling alley -- way too much noise for such a little one. Let's face it, very few one year olds like their party until they taste the cake. Just too many sensory things going on.

jnieman 03-25-2015 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dotti105 (Post 1034226)
****Party Time****
Our youngest grandson will turn one while visiting us. Our daughter wanted to have his birthday party at a park/playground.

We will have 10 kids total from the one yr to the 18 yr of age.
(lots of cousins!)

I only know of the one kid's park near Lake Sumter. I don't even know if there are picnic tables etc there.

Does anyone have any suggestions?? We are South of 466A.

Thanks all!!

Ok, maybe the bowling alley isn't a perfect idea. How about this. If you go to the park do bubbles, huge bubbles for the kids to chase. I saw this video this morning and checked on Amazon to see if they have similar items and they do. Check the reviews to see how good they are. This should be great fun! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3i-zYdOPG2k

redwitch 03-25-2015 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jnieman (Post 1034475)
Ok, maybe the bowling alley isn't a perfect idea. How about this. If you go to the park do bubbles, huge bubbles for the kids to chase. I saw this video this morning and checked on Amazon to see if they have similar items and they do. Check the reviews to see how good they are. This should be great fun! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3i-zYdOPG2k

Great idea! Even works for backyard bbqs and when the bra..., err kids are bored.

Villager Joyce 03-25-2015 05:57 PM

I'm not a mother or grandmother so I don't have any knowledge, but that rarely stops most of us. (That is supposed to be funny). First thing that came to my mind is scooples at Brownwood.

dbussone 03-25-2015 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Villager Joyce (Post 1034662)
I'm not a mother or grandmother so I don't have any knowledge, but that rarely stops most of us. (That is supposed to be funny). First thing that came to my mind is scooples at Brownwood.


Actually, that's a very good idea. It covers a whole range of ages. Good for you!

Villager Joyce 03-25-2015 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dbussone (Post 1034672)
Actually, that's a very good idea. It covers a whole range of ages. Good for you!

Thanks :wave:

dotti105 03-26-2015 11:58 PM

Thanks for the good input. Lots of great suggestions offered.

I haven't checked everything out yet, but did find a great park, gated with picnic tables and soccer fields right there. It is on Powell road. It looks great.

The bowling and as "scooples" are on our short list of fun things to do while here. I'm sure they won't get bored!
Thanks again!!

asianthree 03-27-2015 06:29 AM

Try having a Easter egg hunt but call it a birthday hunt with small gifts hidden but easily found by young children.

graciegirl 03-27-2015 06:36 AM

ANYPLACE is fun with Grandma. Balloons, cookies, presents for ALL children, Duck,Duck Goose. Make up, dress up, A big ball for each child. Dancing to music. MORE cookies, cake and ice cream, (Ignore foodie parents) Five dollars each and a trip to the dollar store. Paint nails. Read stories. A new book for each. Singalong.

ENJOY.

TrudyM 03-27-2015 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by asianthree (Post 1035477)
Try having a Easter egg hunt but call it a birthday hunt with small gifts hidden but easily found by young children.

Great idea - When my son was little we used those plastic eggs and put stickers or jelly beans in them for parties the one who found the most stickers could trade them in for a Toys R Us gift card by giving their stickers to the one who found the least. If the age range is that wide maybe teams the oldest with the youngest. They also like the rub-on temporary tattoo things. Look like stickers but can rub on the skin and will wash off later.

dewilson58 03-27-2015 09:34 AM

Buy them a puppy.................nothing else will matter.


:loco::loco:

dotti105 03-27-2015 01:45 PM

So many good ideas!!
 
Lots of fun grandparents here in TV!!

I think the whole week will be one big party! We signed the kids (right age of course) for the Easter Clowns, golf cart scavenger hunt and Easter Egg hunt. Also making their own chocolate bunnies at Peterbrooke Choc. There will be exec golf for the older kids,(their granddad has them well schooled), and pool days for the little ones.

At this point all I am asking for is sunny weather!!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:35 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO v2.0.32 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.