Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   "Significantly more homes in Wildwood" (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/significantly-more-homes-wildwood-148633/)

VT2TV 03-24-2015 11:06 PM

"Significantly more homes in Wildwood"
 
The above is a quote from the online news. Some people are already commenting on another thread that was started about what might happen to the land on 466A across from Pinellas, and beside the Sand Hill golf course, formerly Tradewinds Village. But because the name of the thread is a little misleading, (New golf course and village) and the fact that it is on page 2, and about 6 pages back, I am starting a new topic.
You know, it is very easy to say...if you don't like something, you should leave. That's the first thing anyone says when someone complains about anything. But sometime people have legitimate complaints. I think that this new Village is going to make living in the southern part of the Villages pretty miserable for many people. With the 2000 houses from Fruitland Village, and this new developement of "significant" number of houses on 200 acres, we could be looking at possibly another 1000+ homes if they do CYV's in Wildwood. That could possibly put 5000-6000 more people on 466A, not counting the other houses being built all around Bell Glade area, and the new houses in Charlotte. I have no idea how many that will be. Then add to the mix, all the other houses being built off of 466a by other developers, and I would hope that anyone could see that traffic on 466a and all surrounding areas will be horrible. We live basically at the intersection of Buena Vista and St Charles, and between cars and the fact that the golf cart path for most of the Southern courses all pass along the entrance of St James, traffic even in summer can be extremely busy. Our pools and Rec centers are always busy. So although this new Village might not directly effect some of you, don't say that everything is wonderful, and not all people are happy about it. Saying something like this bothers you does not mean that you want to leave, just wish The Villages would consider the how new buildings will be negative for the residents.

DougB 03-24-2015 11:10 PM

Possibly some felt that way when they developed your village?

villagerjack 03-24-2015 11:36 PM

Pull the ladder up...I am up.

VT2TV 03-25-2015 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DougB (Post 1034278)
Possibly some felt that way when they developed your village?

If they did they, I hope they said something, like I am doing. But thanks for the friendly, helpful comment. You may live in an area where you are not affected, and obviously have no empathy for those that are.

asianthree 03-25-2015 01:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VT2TV (Post 1034285)
If they did they, I hope they said something, like I am doing. But thanks for the friendly, helpful comment. You may live in an area where you are not affected, and obviously have no empathy for those that are.

Some are just more laid back, yes there is more traffic where we are but if everyone drove just cars and not golf carts there might be a traffic jam. We back up to a road, yes it's busy durning the day but after 5 it all good. I do not worry about things I can not change. Good for the developer for buying the land, and making sure the new people will have the same advantage as us, as opposed to someone else just building houses with zero perks.

Cobh521 03-25-2015 05:07 AM

I am sure the developer has taken some of your concerns into consideration. We live South of 466a and love it. I can't foresee the area being any busier than the 441/27 corridor.

Greg Nelson 03-25-2015 05:29 AM

Florida is like a runaway train..all aboard!

Polar Bear 03-25-2015 05:54 AM

You're obviously sincere about your concerns. I would never belittle that. But at the same time, TV has expanded many times. I don't think people are discarding your thoughts. They're simply saying that they don't agree with your assessment...which I must say is rather doom-and-gloom.

The developers have been responsible so far. I don't think there's any reason to think that will change. And of course many Villagers are from areas that make any congestion in TV, now and for the foreseeable future, look trivial by comparison. I'm one of those.

Hang in there. I simply don't think it will be as bad as you think. In fact...it's possible that it won't be bad at all.

billlaur 03-25-2015 06:10 AM

theres room for everybody..ENjOY:girlneener:
The more the merrier..:wave:

justjim 03-25-2015 06:53 AM

Has anybody seen the land development plan for this property. Maybe we hold "judgement" until we do. I think the TV Developer will do a better overall site plan than someone from south Florida or elsewhere. For example, maybe another tunnel under 466A to relieve some of the tunnel congestion, another executive course, recreation center, etc. etc.----just speculation. We will see.

Fanman 03-25-2015 07:13 AM

Something is going to be built there whether it's the Morse family or not. A developer owns it now. I believe the parcel adjacent to it is owned by a different developer. They are not about to lose their investments they will do something. I for one am glad to see it stay in The Villages. I come from a town of 45,000 people up north and I feel less crowded here than I did there. I pinch myself everyday to be sure I'm not dreaming living in such a beautiful place. Don't begrudge the developer, their the ones that built us this beautiful place to live out the rest of our lives.

graciegirl 03-25-2015 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fanman (Post 1034319)
Something is going to be built there whether it's the Morse family or not. A developer owns it now. I believe the parcel adjacent to it is owned by a different developer. They are not about to lose their investments they will do something. I for one am glad to see it stay in The Villages. I come from a town of 45,000 people up north and I feel less crowded here than I did there. I pinch myself everyday to be sure I'm not dreaming living in such a beautiful place. Don't begrudge the developer, their the ones that built us this beautiful place to live out the rest of our lives.


Who is this smart man???? Glad to meet you sir.

skip0358 03-25-2015 10:31 AM

OK the developer is going to develop that's what he does. The road(466A) can handle the traffic, 462 is going to be widened to the same size as Powell Rd. There's a Supermarket and a couple of Restaurants there already. God knows there are enough banks, you have a gas station. Everything you need within easy reach. So there will be more people guess what, there will ALWAYS be more people. Everything he tries to do somebody has a problem with lately. There are 100K people in about 35 square mile that's not a big problem. Where you came how many golf courses, pools, movie theaters and restaurants did you have? How big were your roads? What were you paying in taxes and fees? I'm sure your old home town wasn't as sparkly and as well maintained as TV. If it was why did you move? As long as there is a demand he will continue to build. JMO

billethkid 03-25-2015 10:49 AM

HAs the developer taken into account the negative impact of adding more homes?
Of course he has and still does.
Somehow during our residency TV has grown from a population of 35,000 to 105,000. Sounds like a lot of planning to me. And we only see improvement having benefitted from the growth.

Also did not each prospective resident take into account what, where, what if when they were buying? Of course most of us did.

And apparently given the sales keep on filling the homes that are being built, the prospective buyers still approve of TV in it's current configuration.

So it is busier than 10, 5, 4, 3 years ago. All good or desireable things are.
Just relax and enjoy it.

And thank God you moved to a place where the developer considers the impacts of what they do.

How many would buy again if they could turn the clock back? Probably 95%.

dbussone 03-25-2015 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billethkid (Post 1034446)
HAs the developer taken into account the negative impact of adding more homes?
Of course he has and still does.
Somehow during our residency TV has grown from a population of 35,000 to 105,000. Sounds like a lot of planning to me. And we only see improvement having benefitted from the growth.

Also did not each prospective resident take into account what, where, what if when they were buying? Of course most of us did.

And apparently given the sales keep on filling the homes that are being built, the prospective buyers still approve of TV in it's current configuration.

So it is busier than 10, 5, 4, 3 years ago. All good or desireable things are.
Just relax and enjoy it.

And thank God you moved to a place where the developer considers the impacts of what they do.

How many would buy again if they could turn the clock back? Probably 95%.

Wise words. And I would do it again


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:44 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO v2.0.32 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.