Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, Political talk (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-political-talk-88/)
-   -   Tea party accomplishments (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-political-talk-88/tea-party-accomplishments-148636/)

Guest 03-25-2015 05:40 AM

Tea party accomplishments

I'd love to hear exactly what the tea party has accomplished in its tenure. I want the good and the bad! What is the perception of the tea party within our community?

Guest 03-25-2015 05:43 AM

Let's start with the government shutdown and the downgrade of our credit rating by Congress's reluctance to pay its bills(for items they voted in favor of).

Guest 03-25-2015 07:19 AM

:icon_bored:

:popcorn:

Guest 03-25-2015 07:20 AM

Quote:

Posted by Guest (Post 1034299)
I'd love to hear exactly what the tea party has accomplished in its tenure. I want the good and the bad! What is the perception of the tea party within our community?

Juste coated with sincerity, right.

Guest 03-25-2015 08:06 AM

Still waiting????

Guest 03-25-2015 08:51 AM

1) rigor mortis in Congress

2) alienation in government

3) disenchantment with GOP

Guest 03-25-2015 09:26 AM

Quote:

Obama's second term

Guest 03-25-2015 09:37 AM

Have fun, children!

Guest 03-25-2015 06:09 PM

Quote:

The Tea Party has raised "awareness".

Liberals love having their awareness raised.

Therefore, the liberals love the Tea Party!

The whole "occupy" movement was about raising awareness. I honestly forget what issue I had my awareness raised about, but I'm sure it was important.

Guest 03-25-2015 07:11 PM

Quote:

They've given SNL enough material for the next five years, at least.

Guest 03-25-2015 07:34 PM

The tea party's biggest accomplishment will be getting a woman elected to the presidency for the first time in US history:bigbow:

Guest 03-26-2015 07:15 AM

I find it amusing that in two days not one accomplishment was brought out by the tea partiers here. If you support this organization, why are you not out front, and stating your case. Maybe deeply seated (understandable)guilt? I don't get it.

Guest 03-26-2015 08:55 AM

Quote:

Posted by Guest (Post 1034863)
I find it amusing that in two days not one accomplishment was brought out by the tea partiers here. If you support this organization, why are you not out front, and stating your case. Maybe deeply seated (understandable)guilt? I don't get it.

Sounds like turn about fair play to me.
Some of you folks NEVER respond to a direct question EVER.

Guest 03-26-2015 08:57 AM

Quote:

Posted by Guest (Post 1034921)
Sounds like turn about fair play to me.
Some of you folks NEVER respond to a direct question EVER.

You failed!

Guest 03-26-2015 09:10 AM

One of the tea party's greatest achievements is making sure that employers decide what type of birth control a woman can use and even if she can use birth control.

Guest 03-26-2015 10:24 AM

:blahblahblah:

Guest 03-26-2015 11:05 AM

Indiana Gov. Pence Signs Anti-Gay Religious Freedom Bill Into Law

Tea Partiers can be quite proud of getting these "religious freedom bills" passed, allowing businesses to discriminate against anyone who they fundamentally disagree with.

Guest 03-26-2015 11:33 AM

Quote:

Posted by Guest (Post 1035013)

Tea Partiers can be quite proud of getting these "religious freedom bills" passed, allowing businesses to discriminate against anyone who they fundamentally disagree with.

and more :blahblahblah:

Guest 03-26-2015 11:36 AM

Quote:

Posted by Guest (Post 1035020)
and more :blahblahblah:

And another intelligent reply, but no defense for the religious freedom law.

Guest 03-26-2015 01:52 PM

Quote:

Posted by Guest (Post 1035013)

Indiana sends message to LGBT Americans: We don't want you.

Indiana 'Religious Freedom' Bill Lets Businesses, Individuals Decide Who Gets Equal Treatment - The National Memo

Guest 03-26-2015 02:34 PM

Quote:

Posted by Guest (Post 1035087)

I agree with the supreme court. Hobby Lobby provided MANY different forms of birth control in the health insurance they provided their employees. Their religious beliefs did not support aborting a fertilized egg (life) via an IUD.

Guest 03-26-2015 04:32 PM

...and with that idiotic bill being signed into law, the Republican party lost even more supporters nationwide.

Republicans seem to forget their voter base depends on the mainstream membership has to be more inclusive of beliefs of others.

Guest 03-26-2015 06:43 PM

Quote:

Posted by Guest (Post 1035204)
...and with that idiotic bill being signed into law, the Republican party lost even more supporters nationwide.

Republicans seem to forget their voter base depends on the mainstream membership has to be more inclusive of beliefs of others.

Walker had no problem surviving his recall. Oh, and how many other states have since adopted Tea Party sponsored right to work laws? Seems to fly in the face of your argument, doesn't it?

Guest 03-26-2015 07:16 PM

The long term affects of Scott Walker will harm generations for years to come...he is well on his way to privatizing edcuation. So far from what our gore father's fought for: public education for ALL

Guest 03-26-2015 07:50 PM

Quote:

Posted by Guest (Post 1035302)
The long term affects of Scott Walker will harm generations for years to come...he is well on his way to privatizing edcuation. So far from what our gore father's fought for: public education for ALL

I think the long term effects of Scott Walker will greatly HELP generations for years to come. Funny how we see it exactly opposite. I'm pretty sure I'm right, though.

Public union dues are funneled to politicians, the same politicians these unions bargain with for pay and benefits. The obvious problem is that the taxpayer (ME!) is left paying the tab. Private unions are great. If the company can't afford the tab, the stockholders pay, not John Q. Public. See the important difference?

I'm curious how you see it so differently?

Guest 03-27-2015 06:36 AM

So the best you can come up with is Scott Walker, the man who compares teachers, firemen, and police to Isis. Wow, be ashamed, very ashamed.

Guest 03-27-2015 11:08 AM

Quote:

Posted by Guest (Post 1034939)
One of the tea party's greatest achievements is making sure that employers decide what type of birth control a woman can use and even if she can use birth control.

That is an "achievement" ?? Only if you consider a travesty an achievement.

Guest 03-27-2015 11:35 AM

So where is the gang of six with their racist, bigoted, hatred?

Guest 03-27-2015 01:16 PM

Quote:

Posted by Guest (Post 1035683)

:shrug:

Guest 03-27-2015 03:02 PM

Quote:

Posted by Guest (Post 1035683)

Gaze into the closest mirror and you will find what you seek

Guest 03-27-2015 03:06 PM

Quote:

Posted by Guest (Post 1035807)
Gaze into the closest mirror and you will find what you seek

Ooooo, a real zinger. I am crushed. I have seen the error of my way. I will go register at thr next Tea ****** :loco: Meeting.

Guest 03-27-2015 03:36 PM

Don't Get Me Started

Well we know what the Tea Party has not promulgated that is being espoused by liberals ...and that's enslaving people with entitlements, endorsing hedonistic behavior, destroying the nuclear family, a run away deficit, irresponsible spending misapplication of energy resources that is weaken America's security, redistribution of taxpayers money that's killing GDP growth, elitist /snobbish university system that is destroying the patriotic spirit of our young people, stifling free speech, freedom of religion, critical thinking and brain washing them to communist philosophy, disengaged young people who believe they owe America nothing

The Tea Party has been a responsible grass roots movement to bring this country back to its senses avoiding the fate of the Roman empire

Guest 03-27-2015 05:41 PM

Bought

Quote:

Posted by Guest (Post 1035823)
Well we know what the Tea Party has not promulgated that is being espoused by liberals ...and that's enslaving people with entitlements, endorsing hedonistic behavior, destroying the nuclear family, a run away deficit, irresponsible spending misapplication of energy resources that is weaken America's security, redistribution of taxpayers money that's killing GDP growth, elitist /snobbish university system that is destroying the patriotic spirit of our young people, stifling free speech, freedom of religion, critical thinking and brain washing them to communist philosophy, disengaged young people who believe they owe America nothing

The Tea Party has been a responsible grass roots movement to bring this country back to its senses avoiding the fate of the Roman empire

And paid for by the Koch Brothers, trying to do away with those pesky corporate taxes and heaven forbid, invironmental regulations. Give be a break, they are more about bigotry, racism, religious control, voter disenfranchisement and basic denial of freedoms of choice regarding our own bodies!

Guest 03-27-2015 07:03 PM

Oh and of course GREED!

Guest 03-27-2015 07:42 PM

Quote:

Posted by Guest (Post 1035823)
Well we know what the Tea Party:loco: has not promulgated that is being espoused by liberals ...and that's enslaving people with entitlements, endorsing hedonistic behavior, destroying the nuclear family, a run away deficit, irresponsible spending misapplication of energy resources that is weaken America's security, redistribution of taxpayers money that's killing GDP growth, elitist /snobbish university system that is destroying the patriotic spirit of our young people, stifling free speech, freedom of religion, critical thinking and brain washing them to communist philosophy, disengaged young people who believe they owe America nothing

The Tea Party:loco: has been a responsible grass roots movement to bring this country back to its senses avoiding the fate of the Roman empire

In the words of George W. Bush, "Gag me with a pretzel."

Guest 03-27-2015 08:43 PM

Quote:

Posted by Guest (Post 1035890)
And paid for by the Koch Brothers, trying to do away with those pesky corporate taxes and heaven forbid, invironmental regulations. Give be a break, they are more about bigotry, racism, religious control, voter disenfranchisement and basic denial of freedoms of choice regarding our own bodies!

Talk about a one trick pony ... you need to show more diversity when hurling you now sooooo predictable charges of racism yadda yadda

Guest 03-27-2015 08:52 PM

But it's true and you know it!

Guest 03-27-2015 09:41 PM

Quote:

Posted by Guest (Post 1035989)

Actually it's not true except in your twisted world view

Guest 03-27-2015 10:00 PM

Quote:

Posted by Guest (Post 1035989)

Truths:

1. The liberal posters are truly too stupid to form a coherent argument.

2. The few liberals with an IQ above moron parrot the racist, bigot, homophobe moniker in literally every post. I feel like I'm debating kindergartners, and I probably am!

Liberalism (translated means to "rely on others for your survival and condition in life") is a mental illness and these patients are terminal. Pull the plug!

Imagine a frightened rat in a dark building and that is how the average liberal views life. Cheese, heat and another gay mouse ought to be provided to every liberal mouse or it's not fair!

Guest 03-27-2015 10:22 PM

Quote:

Posted by Guest (Post 1034939)

Here's a perfect example of someone who is unable to comprehend the absolute basics of this Supreme Court ruling.

Why waste your time with the functionally illiterate?

Are there any liberals with at least a GED here?