Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, Political talk (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-political-talk-88/)
-   -   Bergdahl charged with desertion (Finally) (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-political-talk-88/bergdahl-charged-desertion-finally-148720/)

Guest 03-25-2015 03:31 PM

Bergdahl charged with desertion (Finally)

Finally some good news:

Bowe Bergdahl, once missing U.S. soldier, charged with desertion - The Washington Post

Now let us hope he gets the maximum allowed sentencing!

Guest 03-25-2015 03:52 PM

Don't forget Obummer traded the terrorist "dream team" for this deserter. Obummer KNEW he was a deserter before the trade because Bergdahl's fellow soldiers told everyone the guy cleaned out his locker and voluntarily walked off base (deserted).

This is, yet again, indicative of the poor judgement of our community organizer. What a terrible president.

Guest 03-25-2015 05:27 PM

Yes good news. Wonder if a press conference will be held on this and someone held accountable for this?

Guest 03-25-2015 06:40 PM

Quote:

Posted by Guest (Post 1034648)
Yes good news. Wonder if a press conference will be held on this and someone held accountable for this?

Maybe Obama will call Bergdahls parents and tell them...I got this (again).

Guest 03-25-2015 07:45 PM

Quote:

Posted by Guest (Post 1034587)
Finally some good news:

Bowe Bergdahl, once missing U.S. soldier, charged with desertion - The Washington Post

Now let us hope he gets the maximum allowed sentencing!

I guess I missed where he was already found guilty, or are you quoting something you heard on Fox? Although what we've heard sound very suspect, innocent until proven guilty is one of the pillars of America, don't throw it away so quickly.

Guest 03-25-2015 08:00 PM

Quote:

Posted by Guest (Post 1034717)
I guess I missed where he was already found guilty, or are you quoting something you heard on Fox? Although what we've heard sound very suspect, innocent until proven guilty is one of the pillars of America, don't throw it away so quickly.

Old Bowie will soon be getting a boyfriend! :22yikes:

He's guilty!

Guest 03-25-2015 08:16 PM

It takes a special kind of stupid to do what Obama did … trade five senior Taliban commanders for one Muslim-sympathizing deserter.

Guest 03-25-2015 08:24 PM

Quote:

Posted by Guest (Post 1034717)

Legally speaking he's innocent until proven guilty.

On the other hand anyone with combat experience, and based on his unit members public comments it's obvious this SOB is guilty as hell. He put his buddies at risk having to search for him and then he likely gave Intel to the enemy

He deserves to be shot by firing squad but unfortunately we no longer do that

Guest 03-25-2015 08:41 PM

What "Intel" does a Private First Class (like Bergdahl was at the time) have that would be helpful to the enemy?

I also heard on the news that it is very likely that Bergdahl's lawyer team has worked out a plea deal that involves no jail time.

Guest 03-25-2015 08:47 PM

Susan rice stated he served with honor and distinction

Guest 03-25-2015 09:21 PM

Quote:

Posted by Guest (Post 1034764)
What "Intel" does a Private First Class (like Bergdahl was at the time) have that would be helpful to the enemy?

You could probably answer your own question if you ever served in the military. Then again maybe not.

Answer: troop strength, area of operation, scheduled movements, weapon availability, radio communication, freuencies, etc.

Guest 03-25-2015 09:21 PM

Quote:

Posted by Guest (Post 1034764)

I also heard on the news that it is very likely that Bergdahl's lawyer team has worked out a plea deal that involves no jail time.

Unit capabilities, plans, commo procedures, objectives and various other data of use to enemy fighters who are trying to kill US troops

Guest 03-25-2015 09:28 PM

Quote:

Posted by Guest (Post 1034755)
Legally speaking he's innocent until proven guilty.

On the other hand anyone with combat experience, and based on his unit members public comments it's obvious this SOB is guilty as hell. He put his buddies at risk having to search for him and then he likely gave Intel to the enemy

He deserves to be shot by firing squad but unfortunately we no longer do that

Remember, there are surprise verdicts sometimes when we all think it is a slam dunk. Example might be OJ Simpson. Another might be Casey Anthony. Juries found both of them not guilty.

The Army most likely will be open to a plea deal with no jail time for public relations.

His lawyers will have to decide what route to take for the best interest of the client.

Guest 03-25-2015 09:30 PM

Quote:

Posted by Guest (Post 1034791)
Unit capabilities, plans, commo procedures, objectives and various other data of use to enemy fighters who are trying to kill US troops

A private first class does not have access to that information.

Guest 03-25-2015 09:41 PM

Quote:

Posted by Guest (Post 1034798)
A private first class does not have access to that information.

Quit trolling. Every man in a unit would have tactical information beneficial to the enemy.