Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Medical and Health Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/medical-health-discussion-94/)
-   -   Severe heel pain in right heel (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/medical-health-discussion-94/severe-heel-pain-right-heel-148909/)

DebbieB 03-26-2015 06:19 PM

Severe heel pain in right heel

I haven't had to see a foot doctor here in the Villages yet, but this is the third time plantar fasciitis has come back and this time is a doozy, I have rolled soup can under foot/heel, stretch exercises, had three cortisone shots a year ago, all which did nothing to make it go away. Last time, it took 9 months, had a 4 month break and bam! it is back again.

I think it is time to seek some medical help for this as walking is getting almost impossible and I think I have every orthodic insert for my shoes and none are working anymore.

Anyone know of a really good foot dr for this kind of thing? Need to make an appt. stat! Thanks!

jnieman 03-26-2015 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DebbieB (Post 1035266)
I haven't had to see a foot doctor here in the Villages yet, but this is the third time plantar fasciitis has come back and this time is a doozy, I have rolled soup can under foot/heel, stretch exercises, had three cortisone shots a year ago, all which did nothing to make it go away. Last time, it took 9 months, had a 4 month break and bam! it is back again.

I think it is time to seek some medical help for this as walking is getting almost impossible and I think I have every orthodic insert for my shoes and none are working anymore.

Anyone know of a really good foot dr for this kind of thing? Need to make an appt. stat! Thanks!

Dr. Johnny Wu

mrscrimefighter 03-26-2015 06:38 PM

I just had the same problem last week. I went to Tri county podiatrist, saw Dr Essery and the pain is gone. This medical office is the best I have ever been in, anywhere. They were prompt, nice and really seemed to care. I was referred for inserts and I will wear them. I understand the pain you are dealing with- intense!

graciegirl 03-26-2015 06:48 PM

Dr. Johnny Wu.

dbussone 03-26-2015 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by graciegirl (Post 1035286)
Dr. Johnny Wu.

Gracie - whom do you recommend for the left heel?

Brendanyc 03-26-2015 07:06 PM

I definitely understand your pain! Although I do not know of a podiatrist in TV I did have a procedure conducted about 6 years ago in NY. I do not recall what it was called but it took about an hour, not painful, and a machine was used to send pulses to the heel spur and the tendon. It did relieve the pain. My insurance did pay for the procedure as it was costly. It was my last resort after the injections no longer worked.

DebbieB 03-26-2015 09:22 PM

Thanks everyone who has responded, will be calling Dr. Wu and Dr. Esarey in the morning for an appointment. Will see who has availability sooner. Thanks so much.

Lauren Sweeny 03-27-2015 06:44 AM

Try the Mayo Clinic Jacksonville ,Dr. Wynn ( not sure of spelling)Foot ortho doc. He specializes in problem feet.

folkh 03-27-2015 07:19 AM

Quote:

Stretch, don't wear sneakers, where a pair of shoes with a heal (western boots, etc.) also checkout MBT shoes, this all worked for me.

DeanFL 03-27-2015 09:01 AM

Sorry to hear of your pain. I 'feel your pain' - I had Plantar - out of the blue years ago. Believe it occurred after years of softball and not stretching well. Talk about pain - the typical Plantar pain when standing up and stretching the tendon. yikes. I went to a Podiatrist in Leesburg and after several visits he did the cortisone shot in the heel. As yucky as that sounds (I hate shots) it wasn't all that bad. After 3 treatments in 10 days, the 3rd did the trick - no pain after a week.

Well, it came back a year or so later, and had 2 more shots. That was 5 years ago - and zip since. No softball or running, but happy to rid of that pain.

Wish you the best and that your Dr does the trick.

Villager Joyce 03-27-2015 09:14 AM

I know this sounds crazy, but I swear it is the truth. I had planters. Shots. Inserts. I have literally lived in flip flops with tire soles for close to two years, and zero problems (knock on wood). The only thing that makes any sense at all is the soles cushion my heel first walk.

DebbieB 03-27-2015 04:28 PM

Villagers Joyce, I have found Oofos sandals, here is a youtube explaining them, but they are the only thing I get relief in walking when indoors. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ppo1Vle6PEY They would be great at the pool too. Oh, I did make an appt. this morning, got Dr. Esarey as he was available the soonest.

SoccerCoach 03-27-2015 04:46 PM

You might suggest orthodic inserts. Rockport footwear was the best option for me. That was 1989, no problems since.

PattyCakes 03-27-2015 05:05 PM

Tri County Podiatry is the best. Dr. Eseray is my doctor and I recommend him highly. Have also heard great things about Dr. Wu. You're in good hands.

Bruiser1 03-27-2015 05:14 PM

Quote:

You have my sympathy. The ligaments on the arch of my foot were stretched due to poor support of shoes. Mine eventually was treated by a cortisone shot ,tape and cast orthotic (to match my arch).

after all TIME WOUNDS ALL HEELS!