Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Canary Home Security system (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/canary-home-security-system-149346/)

784caroline 03-30-2015 08:29 AM

Canary Home Security system

Has anyone tried or looked into the Canary Home Security system. It looks very simply to set up, relatively inexpensive, wi-fi, night vision camera, motion detectors, compitable with IOS and/or Android smart phone. It is NOT a complete home security set up, and may not have all the bells and whistles but certainly could be bettter than none at all. Verizon is pushing this system or you can buy it at Best Buy and/or Amazon

Canary - Wireless security system for apartments and homes

Indydealmaker 03-30-2015 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 784caroline (Post 1037112)
Has anyone tried or looked into the Canary Home Security system. It looks very simply to set up, relatively inexpensive, wi-fi, night vision camera, motion detectors, compitable with IOS and/or Android smart phone. It is NOT a complete home security set up, and may not have all the bells and whistles but certainly could be bettter than none at all. Verizon is pushing this system or you can buy it at Best Buy and/or Amazon

Canary - Wireless security system for apartments and homes

After a quick review, it would appear that this system is designed for use when you are away from the residence. If you are at home, asleep, this system would not warn you until the intruder is already in the house.

A more traditional system warns you upon the initial attempt at entry.

Jgg7933 03-30-2015 09:47 AM

You may want to check out another option called simply safe at simplysafe.com. I do not have a system here but had ADT at my last home. Several people I know have the simply safe system and I have looked at it and it is much better than the ADT system I had that cost me a ton of $$ with monitoring.

MikeV 03-30-2015 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jgg7933 (Post 1037154)
You may want to check out another option called simply safe at simplysafe.com. I do not have a system here but had ADT at my last home. Several people I know have the simply safe system and I have looked at it and it is much better than the ADT system I had that cost me a ton of $$ with monitoring.

I have SimpliSafe as do some of my friends. Easy to install and use. I highly recommend it.

wisbad1 03-30-2015 08:48 PM

simply safe.fast install,easy to use,great value

TNLAKEPANDA 07-27-2015 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeV (Post 1037170)
I have SimpliSafe as do some of my friends. Easy to install and use. I highly recommend it.

As mentioned Simply Safe is great and if You add Arlo by Netgear you now have a complete security sys with video that can be viewed on your smart phone!
Easy to install and set up too!