Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   New Classified Section (Not Panjo) (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/new-classified-section-not-panjo-149362/)

Jim007 03-30-2015 10:03 AM

New Classified Section (Not Panjo)

Have any of you tried adding and editing anything in the new Classified section (not Panjo)? I added something yesterday, and was quite easy to add an item "for sale". However, I noticed something I wanted to change in the ad, and I can not find any way to change (edit) the ad. I even found my ad in what I will call the "forum" section of classifieds, and tried changing the ad there which took effect there, but did not extend to the "new classified" section. Very confusing. Any help on this subject would be greatly appreciated. :024:

LndLocked 03-30-2015 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim007 (Post 1037162)
Have any of you tried adding and editing anything in the new Classified section (not Panjo)? I added something yesterday, and was quite easy to add an item "for sale". However, I noticed something I wanted to change in the ad, and I can not find any way to change (edit) the ad. I even found my ad in what I will call the "forum" section of classifieds, and tried changing the ad there which took effect there, but did not extend to the "new classified" section. Very confusing. Any help on this subject would be greatly appreciated. :024:

Their is an "edit post" button at the bottom of your ad (just like their is in every post of yours on this msg brd) ..... you can use it to edit your ad.

Jim007 03-30-2015 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LndLocked (Post 1037176)
Their is an "edit post" button at the bottom of your ad (just like their is in every post of yours on this msg brd) ..... you can use it to edit your ad.

I was just in my ad, under the new system and there is no "edit" button any where on my ad page. :posting:

TOTV Team 03-30-2015 02:16 PM

We haven't made an official announcement but have added it to the drop down menu as we will migrate over.

We will look into this. Glad to hear the listing side was easy.

Best Regards,

BFriend 03-31-2015 08:14 AM

I posted a golf cart on Panjo the other day, but can't post on New Classified. First it didn't like my icloud email address so I changed it to a gmail one. It liked that. Then, after filling in all the fields, it won't let me enter my listing details. (I did not however, upload a profile picture because I can't imagine that's mandatory.) I then tried hitting 'Continue' and also the 'Enter Your Listing Details arrow' and nothing.... Anyone else having the same trouble? Help! TY

Randy Holwell 03-31-2015 09:49 AM

Having exactly the same trouble as BFriend.

TOTV Team 03-31-2015 11:04 AM

We made an adjustment to the settings and you should see a green button now that says edit listings.

Thanks for your patience as we will have a few bugs to squash along the way...

TOTV Team

BFriend 03-31-2015 01:54 PM

Can't Post

Glad to hear I'm not the only one that cannot post my ad. Please help Admin. I'd like to use New Classified! Thank you!

TOTV Team 03-31-2015 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BFriend (Post 1037804)
Glad to hear I'm not the only one that cannot post my ad. Please help Admin. I'd like to use New Classified! Thank you!

Can you email us at talkofthevillages@gmail.com and we can assist you directly.

hamradio1964 04-04-2015 02:06 PM

I discovered the same problem with editing a classified ad that I posted. Is the green button really there?

TOTV Team 04-05-2015 10:33 AM

There seems to have been a glitch overnight we are working to resolve.

Best Regards,

villagetinker 04-05-2015 12:56 PM

It is Sunday afternoon, the POST and EDIT buttons are missing in the new classified section, and I think I know why. There is a message to LOGIN to post a item for sale, however, I am logged in to ToTV and got to this screen by clicking on the classified (and then new classified).
So it appears that when ToTV opens the NEW WINDOW for the classified, it does not retain the information that the user is logged in.

Running Windows 7, fully updated, IE 11 fully updated.
VT

Biker Dog 04-06-2015 05:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by villagetinker (Post 1040706)
It is Sunday afternoon, the POST and EDIT buttons are missing in the new classified section, and I think I know why. There is a message to LOGIN to post a item for sale, however, I am logged in to ToTV and got to this screen by clicking on the classified (and then new classified).
So it appears that when ToTV opens the NEW WINDOW for the classified, it does not retain the information that the user is logged in.

Running Windows 7, fully updated, IE 11 fully updated.
VT

Same problem here.