Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Landscape Talk (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/landscape-talk-129/)
-   -   We highly recommend mansfield landscaping (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/landscape-talk-129/we-highly-recommend-mansfield-landscaping-149505/)

Mansfield Landscaping 03-31-2015 10:19 AM

We highly recommend mansfield landscaping

We highly recommend Mansfield Landscaping.
This is the second time that we chose them for a major new home project.
Steve’s insight into what is needed to enhance the appearance of any type lot, within a budget, is exceptional and the results speak for themselves.
The large selection of quality plants allows for creating a great layout. The workers get involved in the selection process, work diligently, and clean up when done.
The result is that they totally live up to their reputation for customer service.

Bob & Kaarina
Village of Lake Deaton

Mansfield landscaping thanks Bob and Kaarina for taking the time to send our Customer Service Department this complimentary email.
We are here to help and advise, also to inform, because when you decide to landscape your yard, we want to be sure you make the very best decisions for your vision. It's important to understand the palms and plants you want, the best location for those plants to assure many years of continued growth and enjoyment. If rock is your choice of finish in your flower beds, then be sure you put everything in that garden you would want, because once the weed mat is down, and the rock installed, you really want to keep that as your finished look so you don't disturb the weed protection barrier, and rock is heavy and costly to remove and re-install. We encourage our customers to visit our nursery, and personally walk around and tag the palms and shrubs they want for your property. now isn't that better than us telling you we will bring ten
15 gallon plants and eight 20 gallon plants?? Know and see what you will actually receive. Thats another reason why we encourage you to visit our website listed below. Take the time to allow the many pictures in our photo gallery to load, then sit quietly in the comfort of your home, to view many of the landscape designs we have completed. Every picture has a number, just write down the number of the designs you like best, and when you call the office we can advise you how much that design will cost, and scale it up or down to meet your budget and vision for your personal property.
Also when you visit our website be sure to check our our specials for the month.
We take the stress out of multiply features that you may want to incorporate into your custom designed landscaping. Thats why we schedule the landscaping, lighting features, patio designs and paver installations & driveways and walks. How about a putting green in your back yard!! In addition we rework your sprinklers to assure your new landscape design is properly watered so your yard looks great for years to come. REMEMBER... never a deposit required or accepted. Check out our ad in The Villages Daily Sun Newspaper showing the many satisfied customers & their addresses. Take a ride by, talk with the owners, and feel confident that the Landscape Company you hire is going to delivery a quality job, as expeditiously as possible, leave the property clean, make sure you are satisfied with your finished landscape package, and then, and only then, will you pay us.
Spring is the perfect time to landscape, so if you would like a quote, just give our office a call, you can either schedule an appointment at the nursery,or we can schedule an appointment to meet at your home. We will ask for 10 minutes of your time to ask a few questions, and give you some important information before you schedule an appointment. All jobs that are given at time of estimate will receive a 15% discount. We look forward to hearing from you.

Bonanza 03-31-2015 10:51 PM

Why are you (Mansfield) always posting recommendations from your supposed customers,
as opposed to your customers simply sending in their message to this forum?

You are the only landscaper who does this and frankly, these (your) recommendations do not make you very credible.

Barefoot 04-01-2015 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonanza (Post 1038097)
Why are you (Mansfield) always posting recommendations from your supposed customers,
as opposed to your customers simply sending in their message to this forum?

You are the only landscaper who does this and frankly, these (your) recommendations do not make you very credible.

I have wondered about that also.
It seems strange to see a thread entitled "We highly recommend Mansfield", and when you look at the author of the thread, it's Mansfield.

jimbo2012 04-01-2015 06:40 AM

Have there been any/many posting independently?

KathieI 04-01-2015 07:03 AM

I know that I have posted many unsolicited recommendations for Mansfield on TOTV in the past, and would continue to do it again. I have always been very pleased with the work they have done for me.

Why do you all take this so negatively? Its just like looking at testimonials on a contractor's website? What's the problem? Do you think for a minute that Mansfield is lying?? Does he not have anything better to do with his time?

I've had quite a bit of experience with other landscapers in my 7 years here and have personally experienced his workers going the extra yard for me. I recently had a small job done by another landscaper who was in the area and I will never use them again or recommend them. The job was very nice but not outstanding. Little touches that I know Mansfield would have offered were not even suggested by these people.

For the BIG jobs that are forthcoming in my new villa, be assured I will contract with Manfield again.

Enjoy your day.

DeanFL 04-01-2015 07:26 AM

[QUOTE=Barefoot;1038115]I have wondered about that also.
It seems strange to see a thread entitled "We highly recommend Mansfield", and when you look at the author of the thread, it's Mansfield.
-------

SO agree. This has been an occasional, but kind of irritating matter of posting here. An advertiser on ToTV, thank you - but I ditto the lack of credibility with Mansfield doing this on their own - even if they note a customer.

IF a customer posts kudos on their own, so be it. But a pat on the back Thread opened directly by the company is...kind of self gratuitous. And do question the Admins lack of action...

I shopped Mansfield years ago for products and services - at that time found the employees I conversed with condescending and their prices high. Just my opinion.

redwitch 04-01-2015 08:50 AM

I am not a Mansfield fan but ...

They used to ask their customers to post directly. In return for posting, the customer would have the 3-month warranty extended to 12 months. Since the customer would usually only post the one time with no greeting to us, the customer pretty much got slammed. So, between that and the policy put in place that first posts could neither praise nor slam a contractor, Mansfield (via angiefox) went this direction. Either way, it is annoying but I imagine it does get them business from newbies to TOTV (anyone who has been here awhile pretty much ignores the testimonials).

OBXNana 04-01-2015 10:22 AM

Knowing what the contents of the thread are and if you find it troublesome, why open the thread? Unlike what I just did!

jimbo2012 04-01-2015 12:16 PM

the policy put in place that first posts could neither praise nor slam a contractor, fine that's ok.

But why don't we see comments from seasoned posters here other than KathieI so far ?

Therefore, it appears the source of new biz is from other sources perhaps.

angiefox10 04-01-2015 12:53 PM

Mansfield Landscaping

I'm a Mansfield Landscaping customer. I have hired him to do several jobs on my property. I know them to be honest and fair. No one needs to look at reviews in this forum to see the work he does. Simply stop at the homes that he has completed and ask the people what they think. People have stopped at my home and asked me.

A couple of weeks ago I went on a field trip to a local nursery to buy plants. I decided I wanted to add more color to my property and decided to add some colorful plants. The other nursery wanted $75 for the same plant Mansfield had in his nursery for $25. The decision was simple.

Mr. Mansfield has loyal customers who have actually worked for him at the home and garden show... He didn't hire them.. they came gladly because they like him that much.

Mansfield Landscaping is my choice for landscapers

In case anyone wants to know why people don't come on here and post for Mansfield.... Just pay attention to what happens after this post...

Villageswimmer 04-01-2015 03:30 PM

All I will say is don't make your landscaping decision based on one estimate. We shopped around extensively.

KathieI 04-01-2015 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redwitch (Post 1038321)
I am not a Mansfield fan but ...

They used to ask their customers to post directly. In return for posting, the customer would have the 3-month warranty extended to 12 months. Since the customer would usually only post the one time with no greeting to us, the customer pretty much got slammed. So, between that and the policy put in place that first posts could neither praise nor slam a contractor, Mansfield (via angiefox) went this direction. Either way, it is annoying but I imagine it does get them business from newbies to TOTV (anyone who has been here awhile pretty much ignores the testimonials).

Sorry Redwitch, but in my case, the above is not true. I've been using Mansfield probably since 2011 or earlier, after two of my previous landscapers went belly up. I was never asked or given any warranties to post positive things about their work, I volunteered to do it lonnnggg before Angie was even involved in TOTV. I just wanted to make that statement clear from my prospective.

Use whomever you or anyone else wants, no skin off my nose, but allow me to make positive comments where I feel its necessary.

onslowe 04-01-2015 06:07 PM

We used Mansfield in the fall of 2013 and again in the spring of 2014. Both jobs were at or under 5,000 which was our budget each time. My eyes nearly popped out when I saw what they brought onto our property for planting. Really healthy and huuuuge trees. We had a great experience, and yes, we were a little tenative after having spoken to another well known company whose highly touted salesman apparently only wanted mega bucks jobs. Made me feel rather small, so I said thanks and bye. Mansfield was just the opposite.

I was never, ever asked to give any testimonials. Period. I have written a number of posts, however, on my own here on TOTV like this one stating my satisfaction with this solid company. I will be seeking their goods and services again this coming summer.

Before hinting at Mansfield's 'lack of credibility," please do some research as to how long he's been successfully in business all over Central Florida. Then do some research into how much money this man has given to worthwhile causes. If he wants to blow his horn, I'll listen. :)