Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Charter Communications to purchase Bright House (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/charter-communications-purchase-bright-house-149506/)

Mikeod 03-31-2015 10:37 AM

Charter Communications to purchase Bright House

Reported by Reuters. Charter will buy Bright House in $10bil deal. Hope this doesn't affect the well-liked service for those below 466A.

missypie 03-31-2015 11:59 AM

I agree. I have had great service.

Schneil 03-31-2015 12:15 PM

I love Brighthouse, no problems in Hillsborough!!

kellyjam 03-31-2015 12:30 PM

Remember when Monopoly was a bad word? This deal only goes through if Comcast is allowed to buy Time Warner.

DianeM 03-31-2015 03:10 PM

I could use a four letter expletive

OBXNana 03-31-2015 06:35 PM

We had Charter Communication for 15 years, had great reception, and service. For the same 15 years, in a different location, we had Comcast. By far, Charter was better in every area, including cost.

babbgene 03-31-2015 08:02 PM

Verizon Reception

I live in Bonita which is just North of 466A in a stucco house. I was dropping Verizon calls regularly. Verizon wanted to sell a "booster" for $249.00. Fortunately my employer commercial account was able to provide this for n/c,

Since receiving the booster which connect to the internet I have had no problems.

My question is, if I had to pay for the booster, why should I pay for Verizon's inadequacy?

mulligan 04-01-2015 04:25 AM

Interestingly enough, Comcast (everybody's favorite) purchased Charter last year.

NYGUY 04-01-2015 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mulligan (Post 1038207)
Interestingly enough, Comcast (everybody's favorite) purchased Charter last year.

What you might be talking about is Comcast spinning off 2.5million customers to Charter to waylay FTC concerns over the Comcast/Time Warner merger. Comcast did not buy Charter.

Roaddog53 04-01-2015 11:40 AM

I had Charter for about 4 years when north and didn't have a problem with them accept once on a bad DVR box. Their customer service isn't the best, but their picture quality, internet speeds (at that time), and phone was very good.
I now have Brighthouse and have had nothing but issues from day one. I have had 3 bad boxes and they tell me I need it upgraded each time. It continues to not give channels guides often. I lose all my DVR movies recorded when they change boxes. The internet is sloooow but paying for the higher service speed. They will tell you they are aware of the problem in the area and they are working on it. In the meantime, their is no credit for the slower service. I needed (2) digital boxes and customer service told me I needed to pay $7/box for HD vs. the $2 box. When the tech came out, he was "frustrated" because he said no, I do not need to pay the extra $10 for the 2, it comes with HD. The techs try to be nice but they still talk about the poor communications with them. I have had my phone number changed without them telling me. Before I could get it BACK they gave it to someone else who were getting my calls.
My picture at least once or more per day freezes, pixelates. The internet goes down or the wi-fi. The tech says the Echo would not work any better than the wi-fi booster I have now.
I could go on and on.. But, bring on Charter. At least you get what you pay for in service at the same prices. Oh. When my 2 year contract was up, they raised the rates $20.00. They will tell you we don't negotiate, that's the going price. At least with Charter/Comcast, when you call they will give you a different package, sometimes better at the same rate or close

rubicon 04-01-2015 11:58 AM

In my view Comcast is the best of this short list of oligopolies. In general I am for unbundling the TV channels and pick what I watch. I am against the need to pay rental on their equipment so they can have the privilege to beam their over price products to me.

On th other hand Comcast has done right by me thus far

mgcsooner 04-01-2015 02:07 PM

Charter internet only price is much cheaper.

cquick 04-01-2015 02:11 PM

I just hope we don't lose channel 13 news.

NYGUY 04-24-2015 01:25 PM

It was reported today that Comcast has called off its merger with Time Warner. That probably means the Charter/Bright House merger will not happen.

Comcast, Time Warner Cable nix $45B merger deal

Mikeod 04-24-2015 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYGUY (Post 1050599)
It was reported today that Comcast has called off its merger with Time Warner. That probably means the Charter/Bright House merger will not happen.

Comcast, Time Warner Cable nix $45B merger deal

Reports are that Charter will need to complete the BrightHouse transaction in order to move forward with its stated desire to merge with Time Warner. Analysts believe that the combined Charter/BrightHouse company will be able to borrow sufficient finds to acquire Time Warner. Talks have already begun on Charter/Time Warner merger.