Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Suggestions to Admin for improving 'New Classifieds' (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/suggestions-admin-improving-new-classifieds-149541/)

LuckySevens 03-31-2015 02:43 PM

Suggestions to Admin for improving 'New Classifieds'

Admin…………
Here are some suggestions for New Classifieds to help improve the ‘kinks’:

Please Add ‘Preview’ on the New Classifieds so we can make corrections BEFORE we post.

Please add ‘Miscellaneous’ to items to list so we have some place to post things that do not fall under an existing category

Please add something similar to ‘Marketplace’ that was on Panjo. When you clicked on ‘Marketplace’…. ‘your listings’, ‘Messages’, ‘Leave Feedback’, and ‘contact Support’ were available to click on.

I noticed when you click on an item, then click the back arrow, it does not take you back to the location on the page where you were. Please fix this.

Thank you for letting me add my 2 cents worth on ways to make the New Classifieds easier to navigate.

TOTV Team 03-31-2015 04:26 PM

Thank you for the feedback. We have added to our list and will start to look at how to implement some of the suggestions.

TOTV Team

jnieman 03-31-2015 04:39 PM

I also have a suggestion. Please make the white header and footer smaller so the box is larger to view the classified listings. Sometimes it is hard to scroll and see everything with the box around it.

lanemb 03-31-2015 05:18 PM

Get rid of the box all together! It drives me nuts. Short distance I know.

TOTV Team 03-31-2015 08:02 PM

We are working on getting rid of the box.

Thanks

Biker Dog 04-01-2015 05:56 AM

Placed an ad but it did NOT post... Sent you a message yesterday, but you never replied.

Had better luck with Panjo

Jgg7933 04-01-2015 07:53 AM

Allow pictures rearrange

posted the other night on the site. Had multiple pictures to post. They did not post in the proper order (main picture should be on the main post) but was not. It did not allow me to grab a picture and move it into the proper position so it showed on the main post. So I deleted the pics and uploaded them again in a different order but they showed up again in the wrong order. In Panjo you could move any picture into any position so the main subject picture could be shown on the opening post. Please correct that.

ccourter 04-01-2015 08:31 AM

I tried to post yesterday. The new system did not recognize my existing log in info - so tried to register as new. It did not allow my existing email - stating it was invalid - it contains a . between first and last name followed by gmail.com What to do ?? I therefore posted in Panjo

Biker Dog 04-01-2015 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ccourter (Post 1038311)
I tried to post yesterday. The new system did not recognize my existing log in info - so tried to register as new. It did not allow my existing email - stating it was invalid - it contains a . between first and last name followed by gmail.com What to do ?? I therefore posted in Panjo

:swear:I had the same problem. The ad did NOT post.:a20:

Suzi 04-01-2015 10:17 AM

Each time I try to post, a red sentence "invalid purchase amount". I have tried every which way to do it, therefore, I cannot post an item for sale.

Mikeod 04-01-2015 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suzi (Post 1038403)
Each time I try to post, a red sentence "invalid purchase amount". I have tried every which way to do it, therefore, I cannot post an item for sale.

Same thing happened to me. Then I entered the amount without the $ and it accepted the price.

cwnavy1 04-02-2015 05:02 AM

Problems with response notifications

I listed some items for free, and found I have some new "notifications" in response. When I opened my notifications list, and clicked on one that took me to a box that said "Click to view notification and reply", I was sent to another page that showed more listings, but no message. I'd like to reply to folks, but cannot read their messages. Thanks.

jnieman 04-03-2015 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Admin (Post 1038013)
We are working on getting rid of the box.

Thanks

It's funny that the box seemed fixed (much larger) for a day or so and it was easy to browse the ads. Now it is back to the small box and very difficult to browse again. Using my laptop for this not a tablet.