Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Rocky & The Rollers Fans (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/rocky-rollers-fans-149869/)

Brownwoodgirl 04-02-2015 09:21 AM

Rocky & The Rollers Fans

Has anyone else noticed how filthy the Rocky and The Rollers fans are? It disgusts me to see how much trash this bands fans leave behind. I don't even like to go see them anymore cause I am embarrassed as a Villager to see how much stuff my fellow Villagers leave behind. Even the big events like St. Patricks Day isn't even that messy. Why would everyone leave there mess like that I do t get it.. Yes I know there is a cleaning crew that cleans 365 days a year but that is uncalled for. Have some respect for our community.. The new name of the band is Rocky and The Rubbish.. Sorry just needed to vent. Rocky will be at Brownwood Friday, when the show is done stand back and look how disgusting the square looks.. Doesn't happen with any other band. Don't get me wrong it is messy after Scooter, Uncle Bob's and any other busy night but nothing like Rocky it's disgusting.. Keep The Villages Beautiful..

wudda1955 04-02-2015 09:31 AM

Good grief, it's not the fault of the band...blame the litterbugs. Don't get me wrong, I know what you're talking about. I've seen it plenty trashed after other bands. We were at Lake Sumter earlier this week. The place was a dump near the end. DH and I picked up everything that was in our area--even though none of it was ours. It was disgusting. I don't hold the band responsible, though. It was the inconsiderate people who don't clean up after themselves. Rocky and the Rubbish? That's harsh and uncalled for.

gatherer47 04-02-2015 11:19 AM

to blame the band is absurd!

Bonny 04-02-2015 11:42 AM

WOW ! That was quite a post ! You're embarrassed ?
Blaming the band ??
Really, Rocky & The Rubbish ?? :ohdear:

njbchbum 04-02-2015 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gatherer47 (Post 1039034)
to blame the band is absurd!

Blaming only Villagers is absurd - when the event is open to the general public!!!!!

Lovey2 04-02-2015 02:32 PM

jnieman 04-02-2015 03:07 PM

It could be that Rocky and the Rollers attract the largest crowd. More crowds and more trash. I don't know why people don't pick up after themselves. Kind of like going to the movies used to be. People would leave their trash on the floor. It's not the fault of the band.

Brownwoodgirl 04-02-2015 10:10 PM

Your all right I guess I was a little harsh or maybe a lot..didn't mean to come on so strong it just really upsets me when I see such a mess..

Miles42 04-02-2015 11:41 PM

You really need to get out more. Ever been to a NFL game and saw the parking lot after the tail gaters leave, No there is a mess. LOL

lynxville 04-03-2015 08:44 AM

All I have to say is what a great band they are.

Brownwoodgirl 04-03-2015 10:29 AM

The only square I ever go to is Brownwood and have been going for about 2 years almost every night around 7:30 to close when the sun goes down. So I have seen the mess every night and Rockys crowd is just the worse and I am sorry I just don't see how people just can't pick up there stuff.treat this place like your home cause it is. Happy Easter everyone and sorry again about ranting I will no more...

jnieman 04-03-2015 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brownwoodgirl (Post 1039589)
The only square I ever go to is Brownwood and have been going for about 2 years almost every night around 7:30 to close when the sun goes down. So I have seen the mess every night and Rockys crowd is just the worse and I am sorry I just don't see how people just can't pick up there stuff.treat this place like your home cause it is. Happy Easter everyone and sorry again about ranting I will no more...

Perhaps you could speak with the management about the possibility of the management making some kind of reminder announcement over the PA system. They do that at Sumter Landing sometimes for other things like no smoking.

Brownwoodgirl 04-03-2015 10:41 AM

That's a great idea I think I will

sandybill2 04-03-2015 12:09 PM

My pet peeve is the movie theaters---I am amazed and appalled at movie goers who leave their popcorn boxes, drink cups, etc., on the floor---There are trashcans as you leave the theater--less effort to carry them out empty as when they carried them in full!

Can't say they are all Villagers but we very rarely attend movies that have children or teens in attendance --- majority of fellow patrons are of Village age.

Certainly can't blame entertainers for the litter left behind.

Dr Winston O Boogie jr 04-03-2015 12:22 PM

I don't see where the OP is blaming the band for anything. The title of the post is Rocky and the Roller "FANS". And what she is saying is that the fans of this band are the ones leaving the mess. Nowhere in her post do I read where she is blaming the band.