Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Talk of the Villages News (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/talk-villages-news-82/)
-   -   addresses and phone numbers (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/talk-villages-news-82/addresses-phone-numbers-149877/)

rksimp 04-02-2015 10:13 AM

addresses and phone numbers

In the Talk of the Villages want adds most people do not put in the address
where the item is located and no phone number to contact them to see it the item has been sold…. are the scared to ??

SALYBOW 04-02-2015 11:19 AM

Click on their name and send them a PM. This forum is all over the web...forever.

njbchbum 04-02-2015 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rksimp (Post 1038994)
where the item is located and no phone number to contact them to see it the item has been sold…. are the scared to ??

Doubt it. They probably don't want the bother of phone calls from folks they don't know; and especially don't want folks driving up to their house to view the item!

Messaging/emailing is more easily dealt with at one's own convenience.

Arctic Fox 04-02-2015 12:08 PM

Quote:

In the...want ads most people do not put in the address where the item is located and no phone number...

They should, at least, put in the Village so you know whether or not it's worth your while. I usually PM them asking for their Village, but a reply is not guaranteed.

People may be scared that their identity will be stolen, forgetting that their address is already "out there".

If you write someone a check, it has your name and address on it, plus your account number and branch identifier.

jnieman 04-02-2015 03:13 PM

Quote:

There is a button on there to send the seller a message. It works for me. I sell things occasionally and get messages from buyers that way. Not interested in posting either my e-mail or my phone number on the internet.

Arctic Fox 04-02-2015 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jnieman (Post 1039142)
There is a button on there to send the seller a message. It works for me. I sell things occasionally and get messages from buyers that way. Not interested in posting either my e-mail or my phone number on the internet.

You have your location showing as Hadley, but it's the sellers who don't even let us know their Village that I don't understand

If they are selling a $5 printer cartridge I may contact them if they are a couple of miles away, but not bother if they don't say where they are

Their choice - it just makes sense to me to make things as easy as possible for any potential buyer

jnieman 04-02-2015 04:32 PM

I did notice that on the new classifieds you are able to pinpoint your location as to whether it is South of 466, between 466 and 466A or South of 466A. I like this feature. I'm like you, the Villages has gotten so large that if an item isn't close to my home I don't want to have to drive all over the Villages to get it. Not worth it.

Arctic Fox 04-02-2015 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jnieman (Post 1039198)
I did notice that on the new classifieds you are able to pinpoint your location as to whether it is South of 466, between 466 and 466A or South of 466A.

That sounds like a useful facility - I shall check it out