Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   parking at ss square? (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/parking-ss-square-149936/)

hulahips 04-02-2015 05:41 PM

parking at ss square?

This is exciting with remodel of Katie balls, new Morse ctr etc... Does anyone know about parking yet? I imagine we'll need quite a bit with the square, movies, shops, restaurants, Katie balls and our new theater

njbchbum 04-02-2015 11:06 PM

What is there to know besides the fact that there is no room to provide any more parking close to the square; and that no one has yet seen fit to organize a shuttle service from rec centers to squares?

Barefoot 04-03-2015 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hulahips (Post 1039235)
This is exciting with remodel of Katie balls, new Morse ctr etc... Does anyone know about parking yet? I imagine we'll need quite a bit with the square, movies, shops, restaurants, Katie balls and our new theater

There are 118 posts on the thread called "the Sharon" and a lot of them are about parking.

coach 04-03-2015 06:07 AM

I enjoy the car cruise in each month at SS. there are thousands of people there and I always find a parking place. I think you are creating a problem that doesn't exist.

Jakel 04-03-2015 06:22 AM

I would like to see ALL parking on the streets around the commercial area of all three squares to be "golf cart only", with the exception of a few handicapped spots. You can fit 5 golf carts in the space of one car. All cars would be parked behind the stores in the parking lots. Only 2 golf carts can be parked in a regular parking spot behind the stores. I also think this would look nicer too. Just an idea, but I am sure it's not original.

spring_chicken 04-03-2015 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jakel (Post 1039406)
I would like to see ALL parking on the streets around the commercial area of all three squares to be "golf cart only", with the exception of a few handicapped spots. You can fit 5 golf carts in the space of one car. All cars would be parked behind the stores in the parking lots. Only 2 golf carts can be parked in a regular parking spot behind the stores. I also think this would look nicer too. Just an idea, but I am sure it's not original.

I like it. Good idea! :BigApplause:

billethkid 04-03-2015 06:33 AM

I would suggest that when folks refer to no parking they mean close in....which is what we all want right?

I would guess there is sufficient parking when one looks 4-6 blocks out.

Have you been to the fair (anywhere)?
One of the theme parks (excluding the trolley that picks you up)?
Any sports stadium?
The theatre in a bigger city?

Almost all involve a substantial walk.

spring_chicken 04-03-2015 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billethkid (Post 1039412)
I would suggest that when folks refer to no parking they mean close in....which is what we all want right?

I would guess there is sufficient parking when one looks 4-6 blocks out.

Have you been to the fair (anywhere)?
One of the theme parks (excluding the trolley that picks you up)?
Any sports stadium?
The theatre in a bigger city?

Almost all involve a substantial walk.

Which is exactly why the majority of participants at those events are not over the age of 60. There are only so many handicapped parking spots.

RickeyD 04-03-2015 06:49 AM

parking at ss square?

Quote:

Originally Posted by hulahips (Post 1039235)

Multi-level subterranean parking below Spanish Springs I hear. Oh wait, this is Florida. It will be above Spanish Springs.

Bay Kid 04-03-2015 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jakel (Post 1039406)

I made this suggestion on TV survey. Cars just take up too much room.

Topspinmo 04-03-2015 07:35 AM

Just up the street form the Bowling alley they are building in the field on the left across from the Town Houses. Maybe parking garage going up? Haha April Fools. Probably more Town Houses in the half million plus dollar range?

CFrance 04-03-2015 07:46 AM

The squares are not just for TV residents. Ergo, cars can park anywhere they want. They are public streets.

TidalWalkers 04-03-2015 08:14 AM

love the idea of making all parking on Spanish Springs for golf carts with an appropriate number of car handicap spots. Brilliant! Hope it happens!!!

Jim 9922 04-03-2015 08:37 AM

So what's wrong with walking a couple of blocks. After all we are suppose to be "America's Healthiest Hometown". And if we aren't yet, walking a few blocks every so often will help.

hulahips 04-03-2015 08:38 AM

Not sure the golf cart idea is good. Just cannot see myself in a dress and heels riding in golf cart. Also like many others prefer the car when its pouring out, lightening, too cold, brutally hot etc.. Weather not always cooperative so option for car or cart I believe would be better suited